Dodge Durango Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
I didn't see the engine options for 2021, anyone know the exact ones and HP numbers? I wonder if they increases the HP on the 5.7 for the R/T. They didn't talk about it just all the other upgrades.

I didn't see the engine options for 2021, anyone know the exact ones and HP numbers? I wonder if they increases the HP on the 5.7 for the R/T. They didn't talk about it just all the other upgrades.
The only place I have seen that includes specific info on everything including the trim models is from Car and Driver so far. They seem to know a lot, as I'm guessing they were exclusively given it from Dodge.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: hamada128
I wouldn't hesitate on a '21 MY as its not a first model year by any means. Uconnect 5 is new but seems software updates will easily fix any issues with that, otherwise it's the same car they have been stamping out for several model years but with a different injection molded fascia.

Motortrend has some info and they list all the HP as carry overs (no change). Tow and Go is for sure something I would option mine with, but it would be a LOT cheaper transaction cost if I just added Brembos to my '19 R/T at this point.

My understanding on the Hellcat 1-year only deal is that it won't meet emission standards for the '22 model year.

I wouldn't hesitate on a '21 MY as its not a first model year by any means. Uconnect 5 is new but seems software updates will easily fix any issues with that, otherwise it's the same car they have been stamping out for several model years but with a different injection molded fascia.

Motortrend has some info and they list all the HP as carry overs (no change). Tow and Go is for sure something I would option mine with, but it would be a LOT cheaper transaction cost if I just added Brembos to my '19 R/T at this point.

My understanding on the Hellcat 1-year only deal is that it won't meet emission standards for the '22 model year.
I think it’ll be more than just a brake upgrade. While Dodge hasn’t released full details of the Tow N Go package yet.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see that it also includes the 3.70 axle ratio of the SRT.

Yes that is true, but it took months for the 2018's with the new Uconnect back then to get sorted. I guess because the SRT was being released they changed it up some to include a new HD screen to it and the rest of the lineup. Anyway, I want to say there were 4 updates in the 1st six months, and it was the last one that finally fixed most everything. One of the biggest problems with the new units had nothing but a black screen and one couldn't access or adjust anything. There were/are several threads about all the issues so I won't go into everything. All I can say is there were major problems in the beginning for early 2018's, and this was a system that didn't change much from the previous years, save for the new HD screen.

Despite this, that doesn't mean the new 2021's will have Uconnect issues, but several others here including myself learned our lesson from the last time.

Reactions: MikeD1
Tow and Go looks to be brakes, wheels, active suspension, and SRT tuned steering and AWD. Doesn't say anything about gearing (but could be part of it), but still a package I'm envious of not having. Although I don't like AWD being mandatory.

Tow and Go looks to be brakes, wheels, active suspension, and SRT tuned steering and AWD. Doesn't say anything about gearing (but could be part of it), but still a package I'm envious of not having. Although I don't like AWD being mandatory.
Looks like a awesome package for R/T owners! And don't forget the SRT exhaust too.

And I like that with the interior redesign there are now (back again) dedicated buttons on the dash for the heated and cooled seats and the heated steering wheel. Those are features that I definitely miss in my 2019 R/T that my 2013 R/T had.

Reactions: Durangogo
I like everything minus the led DRL upgrade as well. It bugs me there are 2 strips and they don't connect on either end. Maybe I got used to the DRLs on my Charger, and the reason I don't like it, as they look very similar.

I love that they made the R/T with all those upgrades, it looks totally awesome! And now with the upgraded SRT parts, it can tow 8700 LBS. If my current R/T looked and sounded like the 2021 with all the SRT goodies, I would probanly hang on to it longer. Of course what I really want to get is more horsepower so...

I like everything minus the led DRL upgrade as well. It bugs me there are 2 strips and they don't connect on either end. Maybe I got used to the DRLs on my Charger, and the reason I don't like it, as they look very similar.

I love that they made the R/T with all those upgrades, it looks totally awesome! And now with the upgraded SRT parts, it can tow 8700 LBS. If my current R/T looked and sounded like the 2021 with all the SRT goodies, I would probanly hang on to it longer. Of course what I really want to get is more horsepower so...

I don't like the new DRLs either. I prefer the DRLs on my 2019 R/T

I really like that all the SRT goodies are going to be available too on the 2021 R/T. LOL! More horsepower is always a good thing!

I do wonder how much the Tow N Go package will cost. I can't imagine its a cheap option. My guess is it's going to be a $7,000 to $8,000 option. Makes you wonder if an SRT might be a better option in the long run in terms of resale value.

I might just add Brembo's to my R/T since I already have SRT wheels (albeit Jeep Trackhawk wheels).

I do wonder how much the Tow N Go package will cost. I can't imagine its a cheap option. My guess is it's going to be a $7,000 to $8,000 option. Makes you wonder if an SRT might be a better option in the long run in terms of resale value.

I might just add Brembo's to my R/T since I already have SRT wheels (albeit Jeep Trackhawk wheels).

Lol I just asked the dealer what they think the cost of the Tow N Gow package could be! They don't know for sure, but mentioned 8-10k.
Needless to say, I had the same sentiment you had- might as well go full SRT if it's going to be so freaking expensive. Or just stick with the RT package which is just fine...

I really hope its that much, it would squash EVERY once of envy I have! haha. I can add the Brembos and keep my RWD and be content. I wouldn't argue with $7k-$8k being the retail value of all the upgrades, but I would pin the package price at $3500. On my Ram, the Cummins option was $9,200 (2017), but this option completely transforms the capabilities of the of the truck...its THE reason you buy a Ram. Tow and Go makes the DD better, but its far from a complete transformation.

Lol I just asked the dealer what they think the cost of the Tow N Gow package could be! They don't know for sure, but mentioned 8-10k.
Needless to say, I had the same sentiment you had- might as well go full SRT if it's going to be so freaking expensive. Or just stick with the RT package which is just fine...
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the retail price of the Tow N Go package is in the $8-$10k range given the number of upgrades included in the package. When I came up with $7k-$8k I basically took what I know/think each upgrade would cost and back out the cost of the OEM R/T parts to come up with the difference.

Yes, if Dodge prices the package too high, most folks won't opt for it or in the alternative they will just upgrade to the SRT.

I really hope its that much, it would squash EVERY once of envy I have! haha. I can add the Brembos and keep my RWD and be content. I wouldn't argue with $7k-$8k being the retail value of all the upgrades, but I would pin the package price at $3500. On my Ram, the Cummins option was $9,200 (2017), but this option completely transforms the capabilities of the of the truck...its THE reason you buy a Ram. Tow and Go makes the DD better, but its far from a complete transformation.
LOL! $7k-$8k- would definitely tend to squash my envy too. But I hope you are right about the Tow N Go package being $3,500. That would be a screaming deal given the number of upgrades. But of course Dodge does have some economies of scale going for it now as its been producing/procuring the SRT parts for the Durango now since 2018. The more of those it sells now the more it's likely making off them.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.