Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts
I wish they would make the third row a true option in the refresh.
Nobody I know uses the third row more than once a year... Even those with families. I'd much rather see the space taken up by unused/rarely used seating used for additional under floor storage.

I'm sure the marketing folks only care about satisfying the soccer moms with the interior, but I really think there would be a market for a mid-sized SUV that actually had a little more "utility" to go along with the towing capacity.
Currently, you can get 2 row seating on the base SXT as well as the SRT. I don’t think that it’s available on the GT, Citadel, or R/T.

Like 4 wheel drive in trucks, a 3rd row isn't used often by most buyers, but having it adds functionality that people value. We don't use the 3rd row too often, but the utility of transporting (2) more humans once in a while far outweighs incrementally more storage.

Currently, you can get 2 row seating on the base SXT as well as the SRT. I don’t think that it’s available on the GT, Citadel, or R/T.
That's my point... why should I be forced to have 3rd row seating just because I want the tow package or heated seats in an SXT?

Just doesn't make sense to make deleting the third row an option only sometimes...

Discussion starter · #26 ·
I completely agree. Another thing I don't like about packages is the fact that IF you want the upgraded leather package like the Brown Leather option on a R/T , you are forced to get the Captain chairs. What if you want the bench seat? You have to get ONLY the standard seats which are black. I think that sucks.
The 3rd row should be a option to delete if you want. Many of us want to use that space for cargo not passengers and the Durango has a nice size cargo area. If you delete the 3rd row you should get the storage boxes like on the SXT. That absolutely should be an option on all Trim levels.

R/T gets a new tow package that ups the rating to 8,700 lbs...

“Tow N Go that’s available on the R/T trim specifically. It brings in a lot of the fun bits from the SRT models, like the SRT’s body parts and fender flares, the drive modes, SRT wheels and tires, big Brembo brakes and ups the R/T’s tow rating from 7,400 pounds with the 5.7-liter Hemi to the SRT’s 8,700 pounds.”

R/T gets a new tow package that ups the rating to 8,700 lbs...

“Tow N Go that’s available on the R/T trim specifically. It brings in a lot of the fun bits from the SRT models, like the SRT’s body parts and fender flares, the drive modes, SRT wheels and tires, big Brembo brakes and ups the R/T’s tow rating from 7,400 pounds with the 5.7-liter Hemi to the SRT’s 8,700 pounds.”
Hmm change in rear end gears to get that extra 1,300lbs of towing?

So, I was going to wait for the 2022 MY, but they are not making a normal 2021 SRT, which makes one wonder if they will resume for 2022. And of course, the Hellcat Durango is a limited production for 2021 only.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Tough call on whether or not to go with a first-year-one-year-only model. I remember hearing my dad's words ... "don't buy the first model year" ... and the issues I encountered the time or two that I went against that advice. (Though.... my 2015 Challenger SRT is from the first year of a refresh and it's performing quite well.)

But that supercharger whine is intoxicating. Hard to believe that it will truly be a one-and-done. Maybe their research shows that there's only so much demand for a high horsepower SUV. Still amazed that you can get that level of horsepower and have a factory warranty and a payment book. Again, great time to be alive.

I like the new front fascia
I like the new exhaust system and am already wondering about replicating it for our 2017.
I like the new interior

Doesn't mean I'll pull the trigger though. My wife loves our 2017 R/T and it's nearly paid for. I would normally replace it in 2023, but we might choose retirement over new payments.

Reactions: hamada128
I like that they’ve made a physical button on the dash for the heated and cooled seats and the heated wheel. One thing I don’t like about our 2018 is it’s clunky to get to those controls, you gotta do it all on the screen and it distracts me. I like the push buttons in our 2012 better.

I really like the front end. Also, the re-design includes a new spoiler but the Hellcat has one that is even a little more unique from the one shown on the R/T. It has two ridges on each side that create an interesting lip. I really want it for my Durango!!

Edit: What happened to the new eTorque engines? Guess not?

They are still offering SRT w/ the 392 for 2021
Dodge still doesn't show a 2021 392 varient on their site, just the Citadel, R/T, and the Hellcat. They also made no mention of it during their presentation, but did with the Chargers and Challengers which is weird.

Despite that, I just found an article by Car and Driver that mentions the 392, I'm still not seeing much of a mention anywhere. At the time I made the last post, there wasn't any articles on the internet yet. So if they continue with the 392, then 2022 will make for a nice upgrade for me when all the bugs get worked out of the 2021's. [emoji16]

Dodge still doesn't show a 2021 392 varient on their site, just the Citadel, R/T, and the Hellcat. They also made no mention of it during their presentation, but did with the Chargers and Challengers which is weird.

Despite that, I just found an article by Car and Driver that mentions the 392, I'm still not seeing much of a mention anywhere. At the time I made the last post, there wasn't any articles on the internet yet. So if they continue with the 392, then 2022 will make for a nice upgrade for me when all the bugs get worked out of the 2021's. [emoji16]

The website builder always lags a few months behind on changes for any FCA product.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.