Dodge Durango Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Jfire72 thanks for the tip about drying. It’s simple yet it’s a world of difference. I had been doing it wrong this whole time, luckily my paint ain’t trashed yet. Thanks man for the tip I appreciate honest.

·
Registered
47 Posts
@hls811

Sorry it took this long to respond, as I was back reading I realized I missed this in your post:

"I haven't found anything to really clean my Weathertech mats. I use the Tire and Rubber cleaner, but it leaves them a bit white.. The interior spray and VRT leaves them a bit too slippery. What I've started doing is using the TIre and Rubber cleaner, then using a brush to deep clean, then rinsing them off - while they are still wet and puddling with water I'll spray Interior cleaner on them so its really diluted and wipe it with a soapy sponge.. It gets the white residue off but its not perfect.. Finding one product to use would be ideal."

So I've got Huskey Liners, and had WeatherTech previous to these, I just like the grip more on the Huskies. Anyway, I use Adam's Carpet and Upholstery cleaner on them. What I do is vacuum it good and get all the big crap out. Then I liberally spray the cleaner on the mat getting it all over. Depending on how dirty it is I may use a brush on it first, then clean the dirt up from that. If they aren't too bad, then after spraying it down I take a microfiber towel and wipe the cleaner off with that. BTW, I use this method after using a brush if I used one, so liberally sprayed a 2nd time after brushing it if used. It leaves the mat looking nice and black again, not shiny just clean, without any film, slippery oils, or any residue left over. I used this same method on the WeatherTechs I previously had with the same results in the end.

Hope this works for you as it has for me, goodluck!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Thank you!! I'll have to give the Carper and Upholstery cleaner a shot! I never bought that because with the weathertech mats my carpet is pretty much like-new and I use Adams Leather cleaner and conditioner on the seats.. I'll give it a shot on the mats though!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts