Dodge Durango Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks, I just like to ask before I try anything. I got the blacktop rims and I don’t want to mess anything.
speaking of Adams, I actually have the tire shine applicator and I like it not to bad.
To see the hype is worth it, I ordered the Adams pump sprayer 1.5 that supposed to spray thick foam for tire and wheels, it’s sitting at home. I’ll try probably later and see.

·
Registered
814 Posts
@TrustJesus1

I just got Adam's pump sprayer myself, and I use it just for the rims and tires. A quick tip with it, don't fill it all the way to the top. There is a fill line that you should not fill over as it needs some air in the bottle to pump it to make foam.

As a side note, the pump will last for about 10 seconds or so before you need to pump it again. Usually takes around 15-20 pumps to get it to work. Also before pumping, make sure the container is screwed on tight, do not overtighened it, but make sure it is snug. I found it will leak if it's not tight enough, and will get solution all over you.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
My Challenger is now 4 years old. The paint was always exceptional and I have received many compliments over the years. I always felt it had been coated with some product prior to my purchase ( new ) as there were never any scratches or fine lines in the paint. The dealer attempted to sell me some package, but I don't buy anything from the dealer, except the car.
Now it was time to have a major clean-up done, including a polish and ceramic coating. The young man I had do this job used Adam's products and I am happy with the end result. The Durango was done last year and still looks great. The Challenger now sits on my garage while the coating cures and the job will get finished next weekend with the final wax.
Now I need some good towels.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks, I just like to ask before I try anything. I got the blacktop rims and I don’t want to mess anything.
speaking of Adams, I actually have the tire shine applicator and I like it not to bad.
To see the hype is worth it, I ordered the Adams pump sprayer 1.5 that supposed to spray thick foam for tire and wheels, it’s sitting at home. I’ll try probably later and see.
Once you get your blacktop Wheels fully clean, coat them with CS3 or at least a Spray Wax. You can hand wax them as well as I did and then each time you wash you will notice you will no longer need any kind of Wheel cleaner. I use just car wash soap in a tire bucket with a Micro Fiber towel and I have been cleaning them that way for years. I do re apply a coat of spray Ceramic or wax after each wash to keep the finish on them as nice as possible. Wheels take a beating so I like to keep them protected.

I have 2 of those Applicator's and think they are great. I have one for Tire Armor and another for regular Tire Dressings. I have 3 cars.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
My Challenger is now 4 years old. The paint was always exceptional and I have received many compliments over the years. I always felt it had been coated with some product prior to my purchase ( new ) as there were never any scratches or fine lines in the paint. The dealer attempted to sell me some package, but I don't buy anything from the dealer, except the car.
Now it was time to have a major clean-up done, including a polish and ceramic coating. The young man I had do this job used Adam's products and I am happy with the end result. The Durango was done last year and still looks great. The Challenger now sits on my garage while the coating cures and the job will get finished next weekend with the final wax.
Now I need some good towels.
View attachment 109977
I love the Challengers, all of them from the SXT to the Wide Body Hellcat. I have been seriously considering getting one one day and the one on my list is actually the R/T Shaker package. I think the R/T provides the best all around vehicle as you could daily drive it and not break the bank and spend more time at the gas station like the SRT or Hellcats do. Yes they are more powerful but I think for street fun the R/T provides plenty of punch and fun. hell my Wife's Charger 2019 All Wheel Drive with the V6 is fun to drive. Slightly under powered but she loves it as it's Plumb Crazy Purple.

Adam's Products are excellent and as good or better with anything on the market that I have used. My Son and I are detail clean freaks and I have been teaching him how to detail for years. He keeps his rides in tip top condition and washes like 1 to 2 times per week. I swear sometimes he just washes his car as he likes to play with the Foam Cannon. ( So do I LOL)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hello all, I’m trying to write a post where I don’t sound like a whiner. Nor complainer, so please forgive my ignorance, I don’t mean to offend.
I’m trying to start a small auto detail business, and I would love to use Adams but there prices are expensive. That is primarily the reason I use Meguiars, but lately I been wanting to try other products. I can’t charge a lot becuse I’m using clients water and electricity. So far the two products, are tire gel applicator, and pump sprayer foam, both good.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My Man,
Adam's I don't think is a good move for a new Detail business. Yes they make fantastic products but they are expensive compared to some others and there is an entire world of professional detail products that are way better for a business.
I strongly suggest you research professional products over home products. Meguiars does have a professional line and honestly they are a strong foot print in the professional market.
There are man others out there that you should invest your time in. Have companies send you samples to test out and see what works for your style of detailing. Detail supplies and hardware are personal and there is a huge art to it. The tools you use you must bond with and find comfort in the way they work, how you expect them to work to get your job done.
I think I told you this before but I use to run a detailing company many years ago when I was in college. We did dealerships and used mostly Meguiars and C-bud. We also have Ardex but I don't know what companies are around today in that market. I know a ton about home care products but on the professional side I fall behind as I have not been in the business in decades.
Good luck with your quest as I hope some of this helps.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I would agree with Mantis, your profit margin will be smaller using Adam's. Now if you want to use Adam's products for special details with higher prices, I'd recommend that.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I've been using Adam's Polishes for years! It is expensive stuff, but I enjoy supporting an American company. He is one hell of a great guy!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
On a side note we just got the Adam's Plush Jumbo Drying towel
adam-s-massive-gray-double-plush-drying-towel

We started out with high end drying towels with Griots Garage Drying towel with is the best one we have used so far.
pfm+terry+weave+drying+towel.do

We have Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth Towel and it's excellent but not as good as Griots.
MIC_1995.html

The last one we have is one my son found on Amazon called the Dreadnought. It was supposed to be the best Towel out there but honestly it's very good but not as good as Chemical Guys or Griots Garages Towels.
ref=sr_1_2_sspa

The Adam's Towel just came Yesterday and we haven't used it yet. I'm excited to try it out as it's supposed to be the best one on the market. We shall see. The Griots Garage towel is by far the best one we have so the Adam's Towel have stiff competition. I actually really don't need a better working towel then the Griots as it can dry my entire Durango by itself . None of the other towels can do that, they get to full of water and need to be rung out or need help with another towel.

Anyone try out all this madness like we do? Yeah I know we got issues LOL.
So this is a follow up on the new Adam's Plush Jumbo Drying Towel.
I'm just gonna flat out say it, it's the damn best Drying towel out of the bunch by far. It's so good. I don't think I will be buying any other drying towels but this one. All the other towels are nice and worth their price in some regards but the Adams towel just excels. I highly recommend anyone wanting a high quality drying towel to look no further then Adam's.

It's really funny people, the more I use Adam's stuff and compare it to everyone else the more I realize that they are truely the best in the industry for Enthusiasts. The other brands we use taking nothing away from anyone them and being mostly locally available are all good products but if your willing to shop online and wait to get things you want or need then Adam's is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Mantis, can you recommend a SOFT I mean soft microfiber towel/pad for washing? I noticed our truck has a few scratches but I’m always careful so I’m confused why. Saw this Adams, what you think?
We have that one and it's very soft. I'm not a sponge kinda guy as I don't really care for it not because of the way it feels on the paint buy I don't like the form factor.
We use Micro fiber wash mitts and they seem to work really well.

chenille-microfiber-wash-mitt.html

We use Chemical Guys Green Wash Mitts which are very nice and soft. But Adam's also makes a really nice one I just haven't tried it out yet.

adam-s-wash-mitt

·
Registered
814 Posts
@TrustJesus1
I've been using Adam's 10" wash pad for a few years. That thing is very soft, holds a ton of water, and has held up really well. I see they have a newer version of it, but if it's anything like what I currently have, it should work well too.

The wash mitt Adam's has that Mantis pointed out would be my next purchase if I replace what I currently have. So far I've been very happy with what I have, and looks as though they (I have 2) will be around for a while.

Edit:
Regarding the scratches, be sure to use a 2 bucket method with grit guards. Also, wash the top half first (generally cleaner), and then do the bottom (where most of the junk is) last all the way around. If need be when doing the bottom last, use a second wash mitt. Doing all of this will greatly minimize getting junk caught in your wash mitt and creating scratches.

@mantis
Thanks for the review on the Tire Armor, I just applied it to the tires on my Charger a little bit ago. That car doesn't see harsh environments like winter, so it'll probably hold up longer than my Durango when I finally apply it to that. My initial impression is that it looks like a normal tire dressing. I did apply 2 coats, I wanted to be sure I covered the whole tire down into the nooks and crannies and what not more than anything. So if it continues to look the way it does now after some car washes I will be happy.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
@TrustJesus1
I've been using Adam's 10" wash pad for a few years. That thing is very soft, holds a ton of water, and has held up really well. I see they have a newer version of it, but if it's anything like what I currently have, it should work well too.

The wash mitt Adam's has that Mantis pointed out would be my next purchase if I replace what I currently have. So far I've been very happy with what I have, and looks as though they (I have 2) will be around for a while.

@mantis
Thanks for the review on the Tire Armor, I just applied it to the tires on my Charger a little bit ago. That car doesn't see harsh environments like winter, so it'll probably hold up longer than my Durango when I finally apply it to that. My initial impression is that it looks like a normal tire dressing. I did apply 2 coats, I wanted to be sure I covered the whole tire down into the nooks and crannies and what not more than anything. So if it continues to look the way it does now after some car washes I will be happy.

I applied 1 coat and then a touch up coat with just checking to see if I missed anything spots. It's now May 24 and the damn stuff is still on there.
I got the Wheel and Tire cleaner from Adam's which is supposed to be able to remove Tire Armor when it's on it's last legs. Mine is just starting to break down is very small areas which you have to look for. Adding a coat on top doesn't work it just comes off. So you have to remove the old coat first in order for the new coat to bond.
You very welcome and very happy to share. Adam's Polishes makes great products.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Jfire72 thanks for your time and advice. Yes I do use two method wash and start from top. My nephew has the tendency to run his hand when there is dirt but that would be blaming him and that is not right. I just hope it’s not me doing something wrong. I’m check out that wash pad you showed me, if you trust it to your truck so will I.

Mantis, I actually I already use those kind of mitt. I just wanted to see what else you all use.
Regarding Adams yes they make fine products and I try to support them. They for most past have prime and have fast shipping, and money back guarantee. So overall Adams is good product.

·
Registered
151 Posts
@mantis your right tools are an art and we need to master them. I’m just trying to learn the tips and tricks and being grateful for the hard lessons I learn. Experience is the best teacher, but being grateful and humble is the only way to go.

·
Registered
814 Posts
@TrustJesus1

No problem!

If your using a 2 bucket method, that is great! Perhaps maybe the scratches could be coming from your drying towel? Or, if you use a quick detailing spray in between washes, maybe the microfiber towels are doing it there? Just thinking out loud here, maybe something might spark and idea of where they are coming from .

As far as the wash medium I've been using, I do make sure to machine wash it and make sure it is really clean and free of any debris afterwords. I also double check before using it again to be absolutely sure there isn't anything embedded in it. I've found something once or twice and did have to pluck it off, although that can happen to any wash pad/mitt.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It seems you maybe correct. What drying towel would you recommend? I’m using a Walmart (Platinum series $7.99) drying towel but it’s thick and plush so I don’t know. I welcome your recommendations for a new drying towel. (Please)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Mantis mentioned a couple a few posts back that work great. I'm using one he has which is a Griots Garage. I can dry the entire Durango in less than 5 minutes, and it holds all the water without wringing it out. That thing is worth it's weight in gold. I liked it so much I purchased a 2nd one when I want to wash another vehicle right afterwords.

One thing to also consider while drying even with this towel is to let it do all the work. What I mean is, lay it flat, grab one end and drag it flat along the paint to let it soak up the water, kind of like the old Chamois cloths. Don't take this, or any towel, wet or dry, and rub it into the paint. Obviously this process works great on the roof, windshield and hood, but on the sides just be careful not to grind it into the paint. The drying process can be as bad as the wash process when it comes to scratches.

·
Registered
814 Posts
@hls811

Sorry it took this long to respond, as I was back reading I realized I missed this in your post:

"I haven't found anything to really clean my Weathertech mats. I use the Tire and Rubber cleaner, but it leaves them a bit white.. The interior spray and VRT leaves them a bit too slippery. What I've started doing is using the TIre and Rubber cleaner, then using a brush to deep clean, then rinsing them off - while they are still wet and puddling with water I'll spray Interior cleaner on them so its really diluted and wipe it with a soapy sponge.. It gets the white residue off but its not perfect.. Finding one product to use would be ideal."

So I've got Huskey Liners, and had WeatherTech previous to these, I just like the grip more on the Huskies. Anyway, I use Adam's Carpet and Upholstery cleaner on them. What I do is vacuum it good and get all the big crap out. Then I liberally spray the cleaner on the mat getting it all over. Depending on how dirty it is I may use a brush on it first, then clean the dirt up from that. If they aren't too bad, then after spraying it down I take a microfiber towel and wipe the cleaner off with that. BTW, I use this method after using a brush if I used one, so liberally sprayed a 2nd time after brushing it if used. It leaves the mat looking nice and black again, not shiny just clean, without any film, slippery oils, or any residue left over. I used this same method on the WeatherTechs I previously had with the same results in the end.

Hope this works for you as it has for me, goodluck!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts