1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I have 18s from a 2013 Wrangler Sahara that I use with snow tires... 1mm clearance on the fronts between when and caliper... that being said, you must have a V6 WITHOUT factory tow enable for them to fit.... I added 3mm spacers for piece of mind...

17s off a 2011 Wrangler Unlimited on my other D....

the 7 spoke Wranglers have fit many others with plenty of clearance (believe someone has them on an RT)..

the 5 spoke 18" Wranglers will fit with roughly 1/2" clearance on Ds with the small brakes up front (I bought one for a full size spare and test fit)

the Grand Cherokees should fit with no issues what so ever

posting pics of my setups soon

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Spacers I used

17s with 255/75 Hankook DynaPro AT/M

18s for snow... sorry not the best pics

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have 18s from a 2013 Wrangler Sahara that I use with snow tires... 1mm clearance on the fronts between when and caliper... that being said, you must have a V6 WITHOUT factory tow enable for them to fit.... I added 3mm spacers for piece of mind...

17s off a 2011 Wrangler Unlimited on my other D....

the 7 spoke Wranglers have fit many others with plenty of clearance (believe someone has them on an RT)..

the 5 spoke 18" Wranglers will fit with roughly 1/2" clearance on Ds with the small brakes up front (I bought one for a full size spare and test fit)

the Grand Cherokees should fit with no issues what so ever

posting pics of my setups soon
I've seen pics of your various setups. I want the wheels to fit without the use of spacers. I don't want to have to buy anything extra.

From what you've experienced, I'll probably stay away from Wrangler wheels, (I don't care for the ones you're using), unless they are the 7 spokes, and go for GC wheels.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,620 Posts
my '14 GC has factory 18" wheels and factory tow (including 350mm rotors), and clearance is not a problem.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I picked up a set of four of these '11-13 Jeep Grand Cherokee 18 x 8.0" factory rims off Craigslist for use with 265/60-18 snow tires on my '14 Limited. Are they fancy and stylish - no. But they were a clean, straight, true and best of all they were "dirt cheap" - would you believe only $100 for the set of four? Some times it pays to be lucky. The Jeep owns seem to just discard these factory rims for basically scrap value.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

If you have a V8 or a V6 with the Tow package which has the 350mm front brakes, you will need the factory 18 x 8.0" Grand Cherokee or Durango rims and 265/60-18 snow tires.

If you have the base V6 with the 330mm front brakes, you can also use the factory 17 x 8.0" Jeep Grand Cherokee rims with 245/70-17 snow tires.

Remember that 265/50-20 snow tires on the factory 20 x 8.0" rims leave precious little protection from hidden dangers like snow covered pot holes.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked up a set of four of these '11-13 Jeep Grand Cherokee 18 x 8.0" factory rims off Craigslist for use with 265/60-18 snow tires on my '14 Limited. Are they facny and stylish - no. But they were a clean, straight, true and best of all they were "dirt cheap" - would you believe only $100 for the set of four? Some times it pays to be lucky. The Jeep owns seem to just discard these factory rims for basically scrape value.

View attachment 49681

View attachment 49689

If you have a V8 or a V6 with the Tow package which has the 350mm front brakes, you will need the factory 18 x 8.0" Grand Cherokee or Durango rims and 265/60-18 snow tires.

If you have the base V6 with the 330mm front brakes, you can also use the factory 17 x 8.0" Jeep Grand Cherokee rims with 245/70-17 snow tires.

Remember that 265/50-20 snow tires on the factory 20 x 8.0" rims leave precious little protection from hidden dangers like snow covered pot holes.
Do you have any pictures of these on your Durango?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And to be clear...I'm staying with 18" wheels for both snow and summer tires. The stock wheels will be used for winter. The stock wheels look good but I'd rather have something else for summer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
642 Posts
No, but I will try to get one for you in the morning.
Having issues getting the photos out of my phone after a software upgrade - no real surprise, just a PITA. Here is the one I have gotten so far. The center caps are the same size for the factory Jeep Grand Cherokee and Durango rims, so at least I can still use my Dodge ones with these rims. As I said they are not fancy or pretty but they fit perfectly and were dirty cheap.

2014 Durango Limited on JGC 18in winter wheel-tire combo #2.jpg

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Having issues getting the photos out of my phone after a software upgrade - no real surprise, just a PITA. Here is the one I have gotten so far. The center caps are the same size for the factory Jeep Grand Cherokee and Durango rims, so at least I can still use my Dodge ones with these rims. As I said they are not fancy or pretty but they fit perfectly and were dirty cheap.

View attachment 49777
Thanks for the picture. That gives me a great idea of how they look. I think they look good. I've always liked wide 5 spoke wheels.

That said, these are my second pick, with the first being the 7 spoke Wranglers. I just see those and say, "Yes, those look great!".

Thanks again.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thanks for the picture. That gives me a great idea of how they look. I think they look good. I've always liked wide 5 spoke wheels.

That said, these are my second pick, with the first being the 7 spoke Wranglers. I just see those and say, "Yes, those look great!".

Thanks again.
Here are a couple more photos that I finally got to upload;

2014 Durango Limited on JGC 18in winter wheel-tire combo #1.jpg

2014 Durango Limited on JGC 18in winter wheel-tire combo #3.jpg

I agree with you that I like the looks of the factory 7-spoke Jeep Wrangler 18 x 7.5" rims better than the factory 5-spoke Jeep Grand Cherokee 18 x 8.0" rims. Heck I like the looks of the 18" Durango Limited painted split 5-spokes the best. Considering the 8.0" width and the fact that you don't need spacers (as well as the dirt cheap price) I went with the JGC rims.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree with you that I like the looks of the factory 7-spoke Jeep Wrangler 18 x 7.5" rims better than the factory 5-spoke Jeep Grand Cherokee 18 x 8.0" rims. Heck I like the looks of the 18" Durango Limited painted split 5-spokes the best. Considering the 8.0" width and the fact that you don't need spacers (as well as the dirt cheap price) I went with the JGC rims.
With a winter set up, go with what's cheap. I still say it looks great! I'm using the stocks for winter.

Apparently the 7.5" rim works with the 265/60r18 size. Otherwise I wouldn't consider it.

The stock rims are okay as far as looks. Maybe I'm lazy, but I like wheels that are easy to clean. And the non-split spoke wheels will be easy to clean.

Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts