Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RT Blacktop AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried AAWireless?

Seems like a pretty affordable way to potentially add wireless AA to Durangos that only support a wired connection.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Already ordered one. Hope it will ship in a few weeks.

Will keep you up to date.

I dont mind the connection time. Will be a huge benefit for me, as i cant use a lot of features from uconnect here (like no Traffic shown on navigation).

·
Registered
2020 RT Blacktop AWD
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could use a $30 wireless bridge with $15 USB to ethernet adapter. :unsure:
Maybe, if you read through the page they must be doing something because it doesn't work on all cars and depends on the AA implementation. If it were simply Wi-Fi to USB you'd think that it would work no matter what.

If it's compatible I'm probably gonna try it out.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Maybe, if you read through the page they must be doing something because it doesn't work on all cars and depends on the AA implementation. If it were simply Wi-Fi to USB you'd think that it would work no matter what.

If it's compatible I'm probably gonna try it out.
Yeah probably licensing stuff going on.

·
Registered
521 Posts

I've been using this for about 2 months now, and it works great in my 2014 Citadel with a 2018 UAQ carplay headunit. No complaints, and gets wires out of the way. Since the USB port is always powered, it starts the pair process as I walk up to the car, and is usually within a few seconds of displaying carplay when I start the car about 90% of the time. I paid $100 for it, because of a coupon/sale.

Added bonus - the keypad no longer locks out when moving, so I can tap on-screen numbers for phone trees without having to dig my phone out of my pocket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been using AAWireless (AA Wireless) since a month now in my 18 R/T.

I think its a realy nice and small Mod if you live outside US / Canada and have no Traffic Info / Sirius XM. Hop in the car, and there you go -> Finest Streams on TuneIn and very good Navigation with Google Maps and my saved POI`s.

Con: They are on Chip-Shortage and therefore you have to bee patient if ordered.

Hint: You need a actual Android Version which supports WiFi and Cell-Usage at SAME time !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
I donated the other day with an expectation of October. This is for my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I donated the other day with an expectation of October. This is for my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee.
I just did mine a few days ago as well. Definitely looking forward to this because of the limitations of the UConnect system. I'm still amazed that it's 2021 and UConnect is still restricting messaging to a pre-defined list and no voice texting capability. You'd think they'd work out an upgrade to fix this but it doesn't seem like it's on their radar.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
I just did mine a few days ago as well. Definitely looking forward to this because of the limitations of the UConnect system. I'm still amazed that it's 2021 and UConnect is still restricting messaging to a pre-defined list and no voice texting capability. You'd think they'd work out an upgrade to fix this but it doesn't seem like it's on their radar.
They had full voice recognition in 2015 in my Jeep and Ram trucks. They have it in the 2021 10.1" system (although it is terrible) but in my wife's 2021 Jeep grand Cherokee, we could not believe voice texting is limited to defined messages. How the hell are you supposed to remember all the predefined messages, such stupidity in their feature department.

·
Registered
81 Posts
They had full voice recognition in 2015 in my Jeep and Ram trucks. They have it in the 2021 10.1" system (although it is terrible) but in my wife's 2021 Jeep grand Cherokee, we could not believe voice texting is limited to defined messages. How the hell are you supposed to remember all the predefined messages, such stupidity in their feature department.
Right?! When it tells you to "say a pre-defined text or say list to show a list of available messages" it's just dumb. And maybe if there was a way to edit some of the messages but no.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
I have one for my current 2019 RAM. It's EXCELLENT!!! Very easy to use and even better support.
Great to hear. The bad part is I need to wait until October or later for the next batch to ship. But I expect to have my Jeep GC for at least 6 to 8 years so the wait is not so bad ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great to hear. The bad part is I need to wait until October or later for the next batch to ship. But I expect to have my Jeep GC for at least 6 to 8 years so the wait is not so bad ;)
I'm in that same boat lol. I should have pulled the trigger on this sooner but had forgotten about it. Can only pray that maybe they go out ahead of schedule lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry guys. I’m not too knowledgeable with this. Could someone take a moment to list the benefits of having this? (I don’t drive the Durango in my house…the wife does…and I listen to her complaints about Uconnect and phone issue. )Thanks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts