Dodge Durango Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Charged my system up a few days ago with 134a and everything works wonderfully. Only had to buy new fittings for my gauge set to fit the 1234yf fittings and the rest was routine. Less than $70, including buying the new fittings. Cheapest 1234 price I got, just to fill and not including mandatory diagnostic charge, was $500. I'll take the $70 fill every time over the other crap. So screw you hippies! ?

I just read this thread and can not believe how ignorant, selfish, and irresponsible you are. You should be ashamed of yourself for what you've done to your diesel and for putting 134 in your SUV.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I just read this thread and can not believe how ignorant, selfish, and irresponsible you are. You should be ashamed of yourself for what you've done to your diesel and for putting 134 in your SUV.
Well that escalated quickly!

1949 International KB2, 302/T5
1968 Dodge Dart GTS, 340/727
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T "SRT Design"
2016 Dodge Durango Limited

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty73

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 jeep cherokee 2.4l came with R1234yf. Replaced compressor flushed out evaporator and lines with brake cleaner and compressed air. Left condensor and expansion valve untouched. Made my own low and high side adaptors. Pulled a vaccume and recharged with R134a and it worked like a charm. I refuse to bow to any government or Corporation that thinks they can do or charge whatever bc its a new product. Truth is the patent was about to expire on the existing r134a so they create a replacement w a new patent and charged whatever. Remember R12? Same thing happened then. Hence r134a.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,172 Posts
All of these one post wonders! Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Too bad most of them don't include any accurate facts. None have apparently done any research but hey, it was on the internet so it must be true.

Reactions: Moose135

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,172 Posts
That last one was incorrect about what happened to R12 which is one of the Chloro-flourocarbons that deplete the ozone layer. It was phased out along with the other CFCs for that reason. The other dumb thing he did was use brake cleaner to flush his lines and condenser without regard to whether brake cleaner residue will affect the oil or freon in his system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can tell you from experience, there isn't enough residue in MOST brake cleaners to amount to anything. As long as you dry everything good, and don't spray it into the oil you're using (not many would be dumb enough to do that ... although given the current regime running the country, that's entirely possible ...) no harm done. I've restored hundreds of systems in the past doing it that way - never had a problem. One in my fleet I ran 2 cans of brake clean through the evaporator, since it was the only component not worth the effort to remove and replace. Thing blows ice cubes (running R12, so it should), and has for SIX years so far.

As far as "ozone depleting", there are plenty of arguments out there that say that's bullshit. Common sense and the fact that the stuff is heavier than air tells me it is as well. The government has been lying to us for decades, and the lies just get bigger with every passing year. It's to the point where I don't believe or trust a single thing they say or do lately. We're not going to die from global warming. We COULD die from the thousands of covid infected illegals streaming over the border, but that's another topic for another day!

Just off a 30 second Google search, there's plenty refuting any "damage" to the ozone:

I could post different stuff all night long ... but there are other pressing matters at hand here.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,172 Posts
Blah, blah, blah.

Reactions: Moose135
81 - 91 of 91 Posts