Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Durango RT Plus AWD 345Hemi Destroyer Gray Vitra interior.
2 Posts
Ordered our 22 RT Plus on March 17 for the second time, but that's another story. Anyway, built it off the Dodge website and handed the spec sheet to the dealer. Comparable features to one on the lot, was nearly $6k less. Whatever process utilized, ordering is the trick... one does not have to pay for all the stealership add B/S. Received an email June 14 confirming D status with the vehicle going production. Patience grasshopper.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Thanks very much to all of the Group members out there that responded with helpful information. Lots of good input and thoughts.

I did / do plan to factory order this vehicle for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to:

1. I know exactly what I want, with respect to available color, options, etc.

2. I know there is nothing that currently exists anywhere with the options I am looking for.

3. I'm not in a hurry for delivery.

I'm certainly not opposed to doing some travel to get a decent deal. I did have to do some driving to pick up my 2020. So, for middle TN, Atlanta or similar destinations, that would only be 2 - 3 hours tops for me.

I guess we'll see if anything changes next month (like two weeks away now, where has this year gone?). I suppose it may be anyone's guess as to how long they will extend the 2022's, given that the plant is just now getting back online. In the meantime, I will seek out some Dealers with Internet facing Sales in neighboring States that may be more amenable to negotiation, per suggestions from some of the Group members. I was also able to locate the list of Power Brokers. Thanks for that tip as well.

RE: Mike C @ Mall of GA CDJR - FYI - I checked their web site and looks as though he may be gone. Different Internet Sales guy, but I can run it by him as well.

As far as MSRP increases, yes, I have noticed that as well. As with everything else that is going up, not much we can do about that except move on.

With respect to supply / demand, I am aware of that concept as well. However, I am in my mid 60's, and I can't recall ever paying MSRP. Negotiation has always been a part of the process. Being presented with an opportunity to pay MSRP certainly does diminish "demand" somewhat on my part :)

I think it is fairly well known what the markup and other incentives are for the Dealer. For me, I consider a fair deal to be somewhere between where I feel like I am getting a good deal, and the Sales guy is getting compensated as well.

Regards,

B
Buckshot Roberts, I reached out to Mike Clinnin at Mall of Georgia CDJR. he's still there. he exclusively does referral business from forums like this. that must be why he's not on the website. you're correct though, he isn't on there I checked myself and then texted him.

if you're still looking, Mike Clinnin is your man. this is all he does. takes orders from guys on the forums and sells under invoice. he's an older guy that has done this for a long time so he's real simple to deal with.

Mike Clinnin cell 770-713-5364.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Use the Dodge web site! Whatever you decide Do NOT pay over MSRP! This is highly frowned upon by al mfgs.
There has been only one MFG that I can recall that threatended dealers that BMW would pull their franchise license if they charge over MSRP. That was about 15 years ago!
Now, MFGs do not care because they themselves are charging more for vehciles to the dealer and giving less of a delta between MSRP and dealer cost.
But you are right, do not pay higher than MSRP no matter what. Mopar does not make a vehicle that will sustain worth compared to what you paid.
Pay 115 grand for a Hellcat Durango or TRX 1500 and 2 years later they are not worth their sticker price unless the dealer is selling it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ordered a 22DD TnG 4 weeks ago. The only discount I get was $2500 (offered by Dodge, not the dealership) incentive and $1000 from the dealership. The vehicle was at phase D when I ordered it but now nothing's changed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ordered a 22DD TnG 4 weeks ago. The only discount I get was $2500 (offered by Dodge, not the dealership) incentive and $1000 from the dealership. The vehicle was at phase D when I ordered it but now nothing's changed.
The plant (JNAP) was down for two months and they were actually down 10 weeks. They did not come back online until the first week of June. I ordered mine on 03/23/22 and I am still stuck in D. I got my email from Dodge telling me that my Durango will be built in the next "few" weeks whatever that means.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The plant (JNAP) was down for two months and they were actually down 10 weeks. They did not come back online until the first week of June. I ordered mine on 03/23/22 and I am still stuck in D. I got my email from Dodge telling me that my Durango will be built in the next "few" weeks whatever that means.
Well I was not aware of that shut down until the day after I put the deposit. Hopefully they catch up soon but I can not believe that you basically waited 9 weeks for nothing! At least I placed the order right before they re-opened.
What configuration did you order?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well I was not aware of that shut down until the day after I put the deposit. Hopefully they catch up soon but I can not believe that you basically waited 9 weeks for nothing! At least I placed the order right before they re-opened.
What configuration did you order?
SRT fully loaded. Just checked this afternoon still stuck in "D". I am now officially 12 weeks from the date of order and still no production date. I am concerned that I am stuck waiting for parts for my build. It looks like I will be lucky if I see this DD in August.

·
Registered
16 Posts
SRT fully loaded. Just checked this afternoon still stuck in "D". I am now officially 12 weeks from the date of order and still no production date. I am concerned that I am stuck waiting for parts for my build. It looks like I will be lucky if I see this DD in August.
Isn’t it true that “D” means dealer has allocated all the parts and vehicle is ready to be built?
And I was wonder which site did you use to check the status? I tried to use Dodge Brand Vehicle Order Tracking but I was told there is no info can be provided after putting my last name and VON. I was told by the dealership that vehicle is at D but could not check that on Dodge’s site.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Isn’t it true that “D” means dealer has allocated all the parts and vehicle is ready to be built?
And I was wonder which site did you use to check the status? I tried to use Dodge Brand Vehicle Order Tracking but I was told there is no info can be provided after putting my last name and VON. I was told by the dealership that vehicle is at D but could not check that on Dodge’s site.
You can go to Dodge.com, go to the owners tab then select "track my vehicle", you put in your last name and VON the site will tell you where you are in the cycle.

·
Registered
117 Posts
There is very little help available for Canadians other than your dealer unfortunately. I did get my dealer to pay more attention by sending a mail to FCA Canada. FCA Canada Inc. - Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Contact Us

21 - 35 of 35 Posts