Dodge Durango Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ya that's exactly what we're talking about. In my case it'll just be a 10" Rigid SR series that is left over from my Denali. But nonetheless it will still work! I haven't gotten around to tinkering with it just yet, just finished putting a 30" curved behind the Denali grille.

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk
How is that mounted behind the grill?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
These are simple, takes 5 minutes to pull the grill out, then in front of the radiator are 2 support beams that 45° to the top center. You can mount anything from a 10" to 30" on the supports. A 40" fits but you have to do a little trimming on the sides.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was digging around under the wife's 16 DD and it'll take some fab work to do it. Really nothing solid to mount to except up higher behind the license plate. I think I can bolt something up there that hangs down tho for a sub-mount. The plastic grille is a little to flimsy to try bolting it to that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
These are simple, takes 5 minutes to pull the grill out, then in front of the radiator are 2 support beams that 45° to the top center. You can mount anything from a 10" to 30" on the supports. A 40" fits but you have to do a little trimming on the sides.

Reviving a 3 year old post....do you have any pictures of the install using the 45° supports? Or, a description of how you mounted to them with supplied brackets? TIA! I continue to be amazed at how few people are doing this.

·
Registered
633 Posts
How are you giving these lights power and are you running a dedicated switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Reviving a 3 year old post....do you have any pictures of the install using the 45° supports? Or, a description of how you mounted to them with supplied brackets? TIA! I continue to be amazed at how few people are doing this.
Just now getting Tapatalk set up on my new devices! Been awhile since I've been foruming on here! Here's a picture of the support posts I used. They are just factory pieces that were already there and easy to tap into using self tapping screws!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I would be interested in hearing how you tie them into the high beams. Thanks!
Obviously its an old thread but I also tied my light bar into my high beams. Again, you probably seen im talking about my Denali diesel but I would think any vehicle would be pretty similar. Just find a headlamp fuse in the fuse panel and a test light and try switching lows/highs till you find the high beam "hot" post and hook your light bar relay into that. Fairly simple.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Minnesota, so for those dark back roads this really throws the light out into the tree to see those pesky deer before they dart out in front of you.
I live in Minnesota, so for those dark back roads this really throws the light out into the tree to see those pesky deer before they dart out in front of you.
You have a link to the light and brush guard?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts