Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has installed a light bar on their DD. Where we live in NE Montartica, it's nice to see better in the dark with all the deer we have. I run a 30" behind the grille of my 16 Denali Duramax that lights the world. Have a 10" Rigid laying in a box that I thought about trying on the DD. Any input? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good! I'm surprised more haven't done a light bar? Maybe that's mostly a pickup thing. I just know they help a ton for being able to see. I was thinking about installing it in the lower grille.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I can't load the pic for some reason. I'm curious about how they'd look as well. I only see them on pickups and Jeeps down here in South Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
736 Posts
Following this I was thinking of doing small hidden lights too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Westin 37-03655 Off-Road Light Bar with Rigid D Series Black Edition lights. I prefer the "police" look of the Westin and D Series lights. I Installed smoke covers to run legally in Il due to being a true Off Road light.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Westin 37-03655 Off-Road Light Bar with Rigid D Series Black Edition lights. I prefer the "police" look of the Westin and D Series lights. I Installed smoke covers to run legally in Il due to being a true Off Road light.
Any pics for those of us interested in doing something similar?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks pretty slick also! Little different push bar than the other ones I've seen. I've noticed in all my searching that the few people with light bars (lights in your case) have them mounted out in the open, either with a push bar or right in front of the grille. I'm looking to be a little more hidden, behind the grille. With the grill cross hairs it's hard to put one centered. I may try to fab up a spot, centered, behind the lower grille. Out of site, out of mind, for the not so honest people.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Giving a little bump.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Could people post a link to where you bought the front bumper /bull bar? I'm very interested in getting one for my 14 Durango. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would like to tuck one behind the lower spoiler. I would use blackout on the lens 1-2 coats max to make it blend into the all black look. It will still give me more light then I have now and more of a fog because of the height. IMG_8687.JPG

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would like to tuck one behind the lower spoiler. I would use blackout on the lens 1-2 coats max to make it blend into the all black look. It will still give me more light then I have now and more of a fog because of the height. View attachment 55801
If I stop being lazy I have a 20" light bar in the garage since Thanksgiving that I am going to put behind the lower grill. Maybe tomorrow night I will take a look and see if I can get it installed.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I would like to tuck one behind the lower spoiler. I would use blackout on the lens 1-2 coats max to make it blend into the all black look. It will still give me more light then I have now and more of a fog because of the height. View attachment 55801
That's exactly what I want to do.

·
Registered
736 Posts
BTW I found this on eBay which is kinda cool. Although I really rather do something with a more hidden look.

·
Registered
736 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
If I stop being lazy I have a 20" light bar in the garage since Thanksgiving that I am going to put behind the lower grill. Maybe tomorrow night I will take a look and see if I can get it installed.
That's exactly what I want to do.
First off, welcome to the new blood! The lower grill is like $35USD from the stealership, so not too risky.
This is what it sounds like you are all thinking. http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/durango-discussions-2014/24592-led-light-bar-post350513.html#post350513

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya that's exactly what we're talking about. In my case it'll just be a 10" Rigid SR series that is left over from my Denali. But nonetheless it will still work! I haven't gotten around to tinkering with it just yet, just finished putting a 30" curved behind the Denali grille.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts