Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this has happened a few times as I am driving on the highway. Cruising along I will suddenly get the beep and message to keep both hands on the steering wheel. Kind of baffles me as they are. It’s highly annoying and it sets of the co pilots (wifey) who is already eyeballing the speed. I tried looking in the settings but could not find this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Durango SRT
69 Posts
Turn off the lane sense. I think after 3 times of it warning to get back to center of the Lane. It will give you the hands on alert.
This. The "Hands on Steering Wheel" only sounds with lanesense on.

Page 234 of the 2020 manual.

Lanesense on/off should also be one of the hard buttons on the lower front center console.

·
Registered
2018 Durango SRT Bruiser Gray
298 Posts
I turned lane-sense off because in winter the slight tug in the steering feels unnervingly like losing traction and I didn't need that kind of false feedback. Now I'm doubly glad that's off if it avoids being nagged about hands on the wheel.

Reactions: CaptMoe

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I turned lane-sense off because in winter the slight tug in the steering feels unnervingly like losing traction and I didn't need that kind of false feedback. Now I'm doubly glad that's off if it avoids being nagged about hands on the wheel.
I'm not a fan of that tug even in perfect driving conditions.
Too much automation for me.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm not a fan of that tug even in perfect driving conditions.
Too much automation for me.
I also had to disable the automatic braking in reverse because when I backed out of the garage, the big flower planter next to the door caused the SRT to slam on the brakes. Braking for flowers is annoying.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I also had to disable the automatic braking in reverse because when I backed out of the garage, the big flower planter next to the door caused the SRT to slam on the brakes. Braking for flowers is annoying.
Ha! My wifes Tow N Go did this to her a while back before I turned it off. She though she hit something. It freaked her out.

·
Registered
2020 Durango SRT
69 Posts
The angle at which my driveway meets the road caused the automatic braking to kick in every time I backed out. Super annoying.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I disabled Lane sense because I'm the a$$hole that doesn't use blinkers. Plus it isn't fully autonomous steering like what Tesla or Cadillac has.

The other thing I hate is the emergency braking. I leave this enabled because it has saved me a few times. But a few times it has slammed on the brakes for a car in the turn lane. Not cool

·
Registered
298 Posts
I disabled Lane sense because I'm the a$$hole that doesn't use blinkers. Plus it isn't fully autonomous steering like what Tesla or Cadillac has.

The other thing I hate is the emergency braking. I leave this enabled because it has saved me a few times. But a few times it has slammed on the brakes for a car in the turn lane. Not cool
I almost got rear-ended once; driving 55, car behind me tailgating, car in front pulls into the turn lane and brakes, SRT slams on the brakes, car behind me slammed on the brakes, wife says WTF are you doing? She thought I was trying to message the tailgater. As you do I leave it on because of emergency stop value, and just accelerate through. It takes 3-4 seconds for it to decide the car braking in the turn lane is no longer in front. Accelerating overrides it. I did decrease the sensitivity. My wife wants a new car but doesn't want all the assistance.

Reactions: Maelstrom619

·
Registered
250 Posts
I know if I ever get something newer I want to be able to disable all that extra automated stuff. I drive for a living in a big brown beast that doesn't have any of it. I sure don't need it in my daily driver.

Reactions: rasull12 and bbtkd

·
Registered
'21 DD Tow N Go / ‘17 Viper ACR
316 Posts
Hi everyone, this has happened a few times as I am driving on the highway. Cruising along I will suddenly get the beep and message to keep both hands on the steering wheel. Kind of baffles me as they are. It’s highly annoying and it sets of the co pilots (wifey) who is already eyeballing the speed. I tried looking in the settings but could not find this. Thanks!

There's an update at the Dealer for this. Did it on mine, and it fixed the issue!

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Durango R/T
42 Posts
I also have this problem with a bush at the end of my driveway.
Instead of disabling it permanent I just reach down & hit the park sense button to turn off when backing out & then turn it back on when on the road.
Having that hard button on the dash makes it easy to turn on/off.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you everyone with the suggestions. I have disabled the lanesense and see how that goes. But the HC also goes in for the winter wheel/tire setup in a couple of weeks and will also ask the dealer about this. Thanks again!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts