Dodge Durango Forum banner
1601 - 1620 of 1672 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Sunday Stats - March 27, 2022 - I continue to slowly make my way through my VIN gaps in my tracker and add a few more here and there. I am less than 20 VINs away from finding all the US-shipped VINs (3,164 total per Dodge). No idea on the total export or Canadian numbers until we get confirmation from Dodge. So far I have 211 for Canada, 10 for Mexico and 2 of at least 4 authorized exports. I've cleaned up the charts a bit and I hope you all find them a bit more useful. As always, if you want to know how rare your DDHC is just shoot me the last 6 of your VIN and I will provide you how it stacks up with the data that I have currently.

View attachment 120521 View attachment 120522 View attachment 120523 View attachment 120524 View attachment 120525 View attachment 120526
So, how many Barneys with redline stripe and bordello interior do you think are out in the wild? :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sunday Stats - March 27, 2022 - I continue to slowly make my way through my VIN gaps in my tracker and add a few more here and there. I am less than 20 VINs away from finding all the US-shipped VINs (3,164 total per Dodge). No idea on the total export or Canadian numbers until we get confirmation from Dodge. So far I have 211 for Canada, 10 for Mexico and 2 of at least 4 authorized exports. I've cleaned up the charts a bit and I hope you all find them a bit more useful. As always, if you want to know how rare your DDHC is just shoot me the last 6 of your VIN and I will provide you how it stacks up with the data that I have currently.

View attachment 120521 View attachment 120522 View attachment 120523 View attachment 120524 View attachment 120525 View attachment 120526
interesting the premium interior option being even.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I really appreciate the work you have put into this project. The Hellcat Durango owners are in a fairly elite group, I guess. I can't help but be curious about where my example stands in the rarity department. How would it be best to send you my VIN?
Just send me the last 6 of your VIN via a DM/Conversation.

·
Registered
232 Posts
So, how many Barneys with redline stripe and bordello interior do you think are out in the wild? :)
@soulsea If you want the number with just those three things (In-Violet, Demonic Red Laguna and Black/Redline Stripes) the answer is 3. Most of the In-Violet DDHCs are 1 of 1s as I don't think any of them were built with the exact same options.

Reactions: soulsea

·
Registered
232 Posts
But I can't figure out how many F8 Green Hellcats there are without stripes, a sunroof, and a tow package but with a spare and a third row delete.
@Lngrng50 Narrowing it down based upon what you said it looks like yours is a 1 of 1. If you bought yours in Oklahoma and the last number of your VIN is 2 I think I have you matched up. If not, shoot me a DM.

Reactions: dbol777 and DDC

·
Registered
78 Posts
Anyone experience transmission hesitation in sport or track mode when punching it? I’m coming from a M3 and a Camaro LT1 both autos. The camaro felt like a formula one shifting, the DDHC feels like it’s to much power for this transmission.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Anyone experience transmission hesitation in sport or track mode when punching it? I’m coming from a M3 and a Camaro LT1 both autos. The camaro felt like a formula one shifting, the DDHC feels like it’s to much power for this transmission.
This was addressed in another thread. There is a bit a lag, if that's what you're referring to.
I also get a hesitation between 3rd and 4th when cold. Hasn't happened after the drivetrain warms up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This was addressed in another thread. There is a bit a lag, if that's what you're referring to.
I also get a hesitation between 3rd and 4th when cold. Hasn't happened after the drivetrain warms up.
Thanks for the response..that makes total sense. I did have the trans coolant line pop off on the first drive home..just wanted to make sure that wasn’t the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Dodge really puts a hurting on it's performance vehicles with over aggressive torque management system. All in the name of keeping warranty repairs down.
There are work arounds but it is all on the driver. Power brake to 1100-1400 RPMs then take off and floor it when you let the brake pedal go.
Manually shifting with the paddles or autostik works, but you need to get the feel of when to do so you do not hit the RPM limiter or the TM control.
I found with my SRT it was about 800RPMs before redline. That gave me a good goose into 2nd as I shifted before TM kicked in and because I shifted and the RPMs crept up another 200-300 rpms before it actually shifted and TM was not engaged. Oh and make sure traction control id disabled too.

You may take what I am saying with a grain of salt but try it before you flame me :D

Reactions: dbol777

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
174 Posts
Anytime I want instant response I move the shifter to manual, hold down the left paddle, go WOT and then immediately slap the shifter back to auto. Otherwise the response seems very delayed downshifting even in track mode.

1601 - 1620 of 1672 Posts