Dodge Durango Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
D1 for me as well. Apparently says to be shipped 2/25...changes a few times though. My dealer says that any vehicles with the adaptive cruise option are the ones that are not being built due to the module/unit that is not in stock due to the chip shortage. He says the rumor is that those vehicle including the Ram trucks with that option will not be built until June!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
D1 for me as well. Apparently says to be shipped 2/25...changes a few times though. My dealer says that any vehicles with the adaptive cruise option are the ones that are not being built due to the module/unit that is not in stock due to the chip shortage. He says the rumor is that those vehicle including the Ram trucks with that option will not be built until June!

Hi guys.... been reading this thread, finally joined and first post.

Seems like lots of rumors out there. What's weird is that I have adaptive CC and my dealer gave me an updated status of JS about a week ago. So apparently it is built and awaiting plant release and transport. Ship date was 2/16. I have not been able to get a window sticker for it yet using the VIN lookup and I read somewhere that it is generated once it hits KZ status. From everything I'm reading JS means that it passed inspection. Planning to pick it up in mid-March as I will be flying down to Arizona to get it. I hope it gets there on time! Dying to see who eventually gets one of these beasts... It seems like a few of us are close. I purchased a Jeep SRT GC in 2013 and was able to track the status myself at that time. I wish they still had a system for the buyers to check build status on our own. It would definitely be easier on FCA's customer support team not to have us bugging them or the dealer every few days...lol. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
14 Posts

That’s an interesting new rumor, but I don’t think it’s true. I ordered mine with that option and it’s definitely getting close to being done. The chip shortage is affecting production for all vehicles for every company.

My best guess is they are just building them as they have their supplies come in, some may not get finished till June but I’m sure it just depends on when they get their supplies in.

From what it also sounded like when I also got the first status of the build process, they make sure they have everything on hand to build out the vehicle before even starting the build process. Would make sense too, considering they’d be loosing money/space having incomplete product sitting around till various parts arrive if they were to start the build process without everything.

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew
25 Posts
So am I the only weirdo who didn’t order a HCD but yet check this thread daily like I’m changing my underwear? Just me wanting to see all the joy this truck is gonna bring. I’m f**kin juiced for all you guys✊🏼
No, you're not the only one. Couldn't see buying one within a year of buying my DDSRT.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I was never a dodge guy...until the 392 SRT...I always thought the Durango was well proportioned and not overly styled like so many makers do. I had never driven one. So before I ordered my dealer let me drive the only durango on the lot with 20 inch tires which was a GT....So the jump from that to the SRT which feels and is much faster is only 190 HP....The HCDD will feel more than that compared to my SRT....which will be nutty fun...:love:

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
14 Posts
I wasn’t a Dodge guy either till I test drive the Challenger. Was looking for a muscle car back then and found it the best of the big 3. Started with the RT, loved it but when dodge redesigned them for 2015, I loved the new style and wanted more power so went with the SRT.

The Durango Hellcat release had great timing as I was looking to replace my family SUV, was going to just get the SRT version if I couldn’t get an order in so I’m pretty excited for this thing. Also looking forward to the Bondurant day as I did the SRT Track Day at the Texas Motor Speedway (prior to Bondurant) and that was a blast.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I did a 4 day Bondurant racing school(back in the day) and have instructed with my car Club at Texas MSW...wild driving the banking at speed...my dd before the SRT was a 16 yo LandCruiser....so the change up was eye opening...

·
Registered
845 Posts
I've been a Mopar fan for as long as I can remember. But haven't owned one of their "cars" since 1997. The Dodge Dakota started my love for driving a truck. That got me into the Durango in 2000 and I've owned Durangos ever since.
No idea where I'm going after the HC. My wife has been waiting to see the new Wagoneer in person and I'm curious, too. Or maybe the next gen D will have me trading in the HC. We shall see.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts