Dodge Durango Forum banner

121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
my vin did not work with that link.....unavailable....
The Window Sticker will only become available, once the vehicle has been released from the factory . . .

From the Status Codes post in the Durango Purchasing forum:

KZ - Plant Release. Dealer is invoiced for the vehicle. Vehicle enters the shipping pipeline.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well I tried all options and my vin pulls up stugatz.....will be not holding breath that 3/18 is my ship date...
As of last Saturday, my ship date was supposed to be today (2-20); however, when I had my dealer check yesterday, my order was still D1, with an estimated ship date of 2-22 . . . I had him check today, and the estimated ship date is still 2-22, but my status is still D1, which means it will be impossible for it to ship on Monday . . . the paint itself will take 24-48 hours just to cure enough to go down the assembly line . . .

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wonder how long paint takes to cure before they can move the vehicle down the assembly line...:unsure:
I don't think it takes very long. I'm pretty sure they bake it after it is painted

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
16 Posts
What I want to see is a How It's Made video on their build process. I know they've put them out there for the various models of the Challenger which is interesting to watch, would like to see more like one the Durango Hellcat even though they just started production.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,840 Posts
Love these First World Problems!

Reactions: wervin03

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure this is very accurate . . . if you look at the steps, they have clear coat before the base coat . . . and anybody who knows anything about automotive paint knows that this is completely backward . . . also, anybody that knows the processes involved with painting a vehicle knows that this process, even with baking in between, takes a good amount of time . . . maybe not 24-48 hours, but at least 18 hours when the paint is baked, especially when it's a tri-coat, like mine will be (Vice White) . . .

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew
26 Posts
Not sure this is very accurate . . . if you look at the steps, they have clear coat before the base coat . . . and anybody who knows anything about automotive paint knows that this is completely backward . . . also, anybody that knows the processes involved with painting a vehicle knows that this process, even with baking in between, takes a good amount of time . . . maybe not 24-48 hours, but at least 18 hours when the paint is baked, especially when it's a tri-coat, like mine will be (Vice White) . . .
It says "clearing" not clear coat. They check over the body for foreign materials and imperfections before sending it to the next step. It takes 6-8 hrs to paint a vehicle at the manufacturer. All it is doing is HARDENING the paint so it can be sent to assembly. The paint takes way longer than 24-48 hours to cure as you insistently keep implying.

·
Registered
847 Posts
It says "clearing" not clear coat. They check over the body for foreign materials and imperfections before sending it to the next step. It takes 6-8 hrs to paint a vehicle at the manufacturer. All it is doing is HARDENING the paint so it can be sent to assembly. The paint takes way longer than 24-48 hours to cure as you insistently keep implying.
I don't think he knows how to read that chart...🙄

121 - 140 of 160 Posts