Dodge Durango Forum banner
1241 - 1260 of 1340 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dealer emailed on Saturday (I guess I missed it), that DDHC is in KZM status!

Seems like they are either getting active updates from Dodge at this point or they are more interesting in checking frequently now that it's farther in the process. I didn't hear from the dealership for months and had to keep prompting them to check previously.
They give you an estimated delivery date to the dealer? What state are you in? All of ours could be on same rail car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What is everyone doing finance wise? Of course all scenarios will be different but who are you getting the best rates from? My local CU’s seem to be the best, going to have the dealer try and beat them.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Ok perfect that is the goal. I have a local CU at 2.49 for 72. I’m thinking stretching payments as I also have a SRT on order. Would love to keep the HCD but if it becomes impractical I may flip out of it.
my order is a R/T TNG. my local bank is offering me 2.19 for 72 with having a checking acct and auto draft payments.

I'm taking that if Chrysler Capital isn't offering 0% APR for 72 months in Dec.

·
Registered
340 Posts
What is everyone doing finance wise? Of course all scenarios will be different but who are you getting the best rates from? My local CU’s seem to be the best, going to have the dealer try and beat them.
I got 1.89% for 63 or 2.09% for 72 from USAA. Either way, cheap financing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For now. I think people should lock in as much long term debt as they can right now with the rates this low, it's like buying money. You'll happy you did come April.
You are correct, pretty much free money. What is 5-6k in interest over 7 years…. Nothing if you take the money and invest it that you were going to put down or pay cash for the vehicle with.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You are correct, pretty much free money. What is 5-6k in interest over 7 years…. Nothing if you take the money and invest it that you were going to put down or pay cash for the vehicle with.
The caveat being that one will only realize gains if they invest the money they would have otherwise spent buying the car in cash. Too many people see 72 month loans as a way to afford more car than than actually can. DTI is king.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
well it still is a depreciating asset..but you get to enjoy it as it is.I'm not so sure the scarcity of these beasts will help in resale say 7 years down the road...All electrics will beat it in any measurable performance metrics...I envision those of us driving these will be looked upon like smokers are now...eventually the taxes levied on pump gas will make a difference..

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I do mortgages. I also agree you should lock in these low rates while you can.

it has been a strong two years. rates have been good but they dropped even lower last spring when Covid hit. the Fed started more QE (Quantitative Easing -printing money to buy bonds) and rates REALLY got low.

rates have stayed low all this year BUT we've seen lots of inflation pressure in the bond market. and mortgage bonds are sold on the bond market. we've seen more red days (bad) than green days (good) in the last three weeks. its normally pretty quiet in the markets as we get nearer the holidays but this year there has still been activity and most of it in the wrong direction.

no one knows for sure. and I'm not saying I do either. but all the signs point to higher inflation to come. and inflation WILL push up bond prices. and that WILL push up rates across the board. it's really only a question of timing at that point; how soon and how much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
well it still is a depreciating asset..but you get to enjoy it as it is.I'm not so sure the scarcity of these beasts will help in resale say 7 years down the road...All electrics will beat it in any measurable performance metrics...I envision those of us driving these will be looked upon like smokers are now...eventually the taxes levied on pump gas will make a difference..
[/QUOTE

If the DDHC does depreciate which I honestly don’t believe they will. These will be the demons of the SUV market. A demon for less 120k right now does not exist. I don’t care how fast an EV is… it is not the same. No rumble, no exhaust sound…. Nothing…whisper quiet other than stupid fast because of instant torque due to electric motors. If they try to shove the EV market down our throats the HCs and other present and past muscle cars will sky rocket. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My local CU has 2.2% for 60 or 2.7% for 72. I'm leaning towards the 60 month as the total interest paid goes up 48% for the 72 month
Factor in if you took the 72 month but made payments like a 60.
Would that cut down your interest since you're paying it off sooner?
I have always opted for a longer term but paid more than the monthly payment due.
Hopefully I've been doing it right...lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
Take my loan of $89k. A 60month loan @ 2.2% had a monthly payment of $1,568 and a total interest of $5,066.

If I were to take the 72month loan @ 2.7% the total payment would be $1,340. So add in an extra payment of $228 to make the monthly payment the same. You pay it off in 61 months, but your total interest is $ 6,325 which is more.

If I were to take the 72month loan @ 2.7% and add an extra payment so I paid it off in the same 60 months I would have to add $247 so $20 more a month. Your total interest is $ 6,243 which is more.

Now say I could get the same 2.2% for the 72 month loan my payment would be $1,321. Add in an extra $247 to make the monthly payment the same. You pay it off in 60 months with a total interest of $5,063. A delta of only $3 on over $5k isn't even worth noting.

The math doesn't support the idea of taking a longer loan to then put additional money per month on it to save interest. Now for the argument is made that it gives you the flexibility to either add the additional payment or resort to the lower payment based on monthly finances, that argument does have merit.

1241 - 1260 of 1340 Posts