Dodge Durango Forum banner
1221 - 1240 of 1340 Posts

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
That power connect will really put me in a bind. Do I let a dealership touch my vehicle and most like beat the snot out of it..... or do I add the pulley, injectors, thermostat, etc myself and toss the warranty out the window....

Then there is the third option. The " Hey idiot, can't you just be happy with a 710hp SUV that runs 11's and tows 8,700lbs" haha
remember, the Direct Connection upgrades will only be available through 'elite' Dodge dealerships that are chosen to be Power Brokers.

this will probably keep the costs up and could be a PITA to find a Power Broker dealer in your area.

but it should also keep quality of work up. I think the technicians have to be trained on this. and I'm sure a Power Broker dealer would have a certain fear of getting too many complaints and face losing their Power Broker status with Dodge.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
207 Posts
remember, the Direct Connection upgrades will only be available through 'elite' Dodge dealerships that are chosen to be Power Brokers.

this will probably keep the costs up and could be a PITA to find a Power Broker dealer in your area.

but it should also keep quality of work up. I think the technicians have to be trained on this. and I'm sure a Power Broker dealer would have a certain fear of getting too many complaints and face losing their Power Broker status with Dodge.
They've already got Stage 1 and Stage 2 pricing out there for the Challenger Redeye, with both totaling out at roughly $1600 for 840 HP on pump gas or 880 on high octane. Will be interesting to see what dealers will try to do for costs, but I'm hoping that it would be the standard. It will be interesting to see what dealers will be the Direct Connect for these things and I'm interested to see what they'll offer for the Durango Hellcat.

They did also just announce the Dodge Jailbreak, not sure if its just for the Challenger but did state that a Redeye could be upgraded to 807 HP from the factory line. Will be interesting to see if this trickles down as well.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
They've already got Stage 1 and Stage 2 pricing out there for the Challenger Redeye, with both totaling out at roughly $1600 for 840 HP on pump gas or 880 on high octane. Will be interesting to see what dealers will try to do for costs, but I'm hoping that it would be the standard. It will be interesting to see what dealers will be the Direct Connect for these things and I'm interested to see what they'll offer for the Durango Hellcat.

They did also just announce the Dodge Jailbreak, not sure if its just for the Challenger but did state that a Redeye could be upgraded to 807 HP from the factory line. Will be interesting to see if this trickles down as well.
I just read an article that the JailBreak is Challender and Charger Redeye Widebodies. only. has to be Redeye Widebody. yes extra HP up to 807 from the factory. and LOTS more choices on color/trim/wheels/stripes/calipers combinations.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Halloween Stats - October 31 - DDHCs continue to roll off the line at a good pace. A majority over the last two weeks have been in the 800XXX to 831XXX range but remember they aren't built in order. At least 2400 have shipped worldwide to date and almost 100% of the orders being built currently are sold orders (which is to be expected). No clear information as to when production will end, but I assume they might run until the holiday break in December.

View attachment 117964 View attachment 117965 View attachment 117966 View attachment 117967 View attachment 117968
I suspect some of these DDHC’s will end up being delivered in January or
Halloween Stats - October 31 - DDHCs continue to roll off the line at a good pace. A majority over the last two weeks have been in the 800XXX to 831XXX range but remember they aren't built in order. At least 2400 have shipped worldwide to date and almost 100% of the orders being built currently are sold orders (which is to be expected). No clear information as to when production will end, but I assume they might run until the holiday break in December.

View attachment 117964 View attachment 117965 View attachment 117966 View attachment 117967 View attachment 117968
With some of these DDHC’s being delivered in the new year, will they be classified as my2022’s?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I suspect some of these DDHC’s will end up being delivered in January or

With some of these DDHC’s being delivered in the new year, will they be classified as my2022’s?
No, all Durango Hellcats will be model year 2021 only. It is looking more likely that 2021 model year build out will go up until the holiday break in December. 2022s will start production January 3rd, 2022. Sure, there will be 2021 units built at the end of the cycle that won't be delivered until early 2022. With the transportation challenges on going that is an unfortunate side effect, but I doubt it will matter to those that will be lucky enough to own one once they take delivery.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Lol so now I'm having issues with my dealer service not having anything in system as far as security updates for my vin...anyone who has the security updates scheduled please post what the service order # is or is this a TSB or some other code so I can push this along... TIA

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,172 Posts
Happy Festivus!

Reactions: Thetruck454

·
Registered
41 Posts
I talked to chat this afternoon and they said ours had been released for shipping but they didn’t have an ETA yet. Weird that Window Sticker isn’t available yet. Dealer said he is going to try and get a better update.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I talked to chat this afternoon and they said ours had been released for shipping but they didn’t have an ETA yet. Weird that Window Sticker isn’t available yet. Dealer said he is going to try and get a better update.
Your window sticker is available. I just pulled it down. You may have to clear your browser cache.

·
Registered
215 Posts
When looking at my window sticker I noticed the country of origin for the engine was USA and not like Mexico like my 392. I thought both the 392 & Hellcat engine were both made in Mexico, guess not!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dealer emailed on Saturday (I guess I missed it), that DDHC is in KZM status!

Seems like they are either getting active updates from Dodge at this point or they are more interesting in checking frequently now that it's farther in the process. I didn't hear from the dealership for months and had to keep prompting them to check previously.

1221 - 1240 of 1340 Posts