Dodge Durango Forum banner

101 - 120 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
14 Posts
Am I screwed? So I ordered my Hellcat through my same dealer I got my Durango SRT from. I finally got things sorted and let him know I wanted to order on 1/22 and we got the order in on 1/23. The next week my google feed is littered with articles about how the Hellcat is already sold out. Since 1/23 until now 2/17 the order went from Pending(BA) to BG(Order has passed edit but not considered for scheduling). The dealer and Dodge Customer service via chat don't know if my order will be fulfilled or not. Those of you who ordered your Hellcat once VIN were starting to go out, what was the time frame in which you got your VIN, and did anyone else hit BG status and get an order fulfilled? I'm gonna be bummed out if i can't get my order in after all this talk stating they weren't going to set a limit, but have a run go through June.
Hate to say it, but you may be. Usually it takes a week or two to get a VIN, I ordered mine on 1/4 and had the VIN on 1/13. I haven't followed up where mine is on the build process, I'm in no hurry as much as I want it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hate to say it, but you may be. Usually it takes a week or two to get a VIN, I ordered mine on 1/4 and had the VIN on 1/13. I haven't followed up where mine is on the build process, I'm in no hurry as much as I want it.
Yep same here, I got my VIN less than a week after I ordered. Sounds like yours didn't make the cutoff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I actually order mine back in November and got a VIN the next day also was just told by dealer 2 days ago that it had been painted and went to get the strips but he had no shipped date I'm sorry but I don't no anyone that went from bg to being scheduled for build this late I hope it works out for you

·
Registered
838 Posts
2 weeks for me to go from von to vin I assume that if the system allowed your order to go through meaning accepted then you made it in..the big IF is that the HC you ordered was allotted to the dealer....If he had no unfilled allotment then your order was likely just an exercise...

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
14 Posts
2 weeks for me to go from von to vin I assume that if the system allowed your order to go through meaning accepted then you made it in..the big IF is that the HC you ordered was allotted to the dealer....If he had no unfilled allotment then your order was likely just an exercise...
This is a good point too. It took me about 10ish dealerships to be able to find one with an allocation. Out of all of those one would submit an order with no guarantee (and wanted a 5k deposit?!?), one believed they were getting an allocation in but after 2 weeks (had my order in before finding this out) they were never granted it, and another had one coming in but was a dealer order with unknown options and color. Most of the other dealerships didn't even know if they had an allocation and some surprisingly were unsure on how to check if they did.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This thing is like a Prius to my TRX, so in a very real way, I'll be saving the planet.

#ihaveacape
Has any one calculated how many Priuses (Prii?) or Teslas are required to offset a single TRX or DDHC? I giggle a little bit each time I drive by an EV or hybrid in my DDSRT knowing that I will not go quietly into the night in terms of buying a hybrid or EV anytime soon.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Here’s a local update....
While looking at the online version of Auto Trader here in Alberta, a dealer is advertising a 21 DD HC for $199,950 CDN.
I replied online, and said that was gouging and I would never buy a vehicle from their dealership.
The sales manager phoned me, (how they got my number I have no idea as I didn’t include it).
He asked if I was interested, I said is that the correct price?
He confirmed it was, I said “no thanks”. He said okay, goodbye.
Wow!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Called the dealer up yesterday, since as of last Saturday, my "estimated ship" date was 2-20-21 (today), and he told me that the status was still at D1, but the "estimated ship" date was pushed to 2-22-21 . . . not sure how they can accomplish that unless it was scheduled to start the build process sometime yesterday, because it takes 24-48 hours for the paint to dry enough that it can go down the assembly line . . .

101 - 120 of 151 Posts