Dodge Durango Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1128 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
3. Right we on the same page, I was just refuting others saying 'i didnt need them, my kids have ipads'.... unless you leave them in the car all the time, or you have TWO sets of them, its not practical. I am glad I got DVDs/bluray but shocked so many others decided against it for what is clearly a family hauler.
opted out since the kids enjoy their ipads more. I just have two quick brackets that attach the head rest to use on trips. Though, it was one thing I really debated on besides the color. In my Touareg, I enabled video in motion w/dvds and even had OTA hooked up. That was great.

no tech package as well (i have towing); i even find the rear blind spot braking annoying and disabled it - since my garage is all single doors, it picks up the columns and slams the brakes trying to pull out.

too bad they didn't do more with it, i would have loved an alternating interior with cloth like the old s4 nogaro blue interior (but in red)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
yep the braking for imminent collision is annoying for aggressive drivers..And more than once my vehicle would not engage a gear stuck between the posts of my garage bays.My boys had to push me out in neutral...

·
Registered
61 Posts
opted out since the kids enjoy their ipads more. I just have two quick brackets that attach the head rest to use on trips. Though, it was one thing I really debated on besides the color. In my Touareg, I enabled video in motion w/dvds and even had OTA hooked up. That was great.

no tech package as well (i have towing); i even find the rear blind spot braking annoying and disabled it - since my garage is all single doors, it picks up the columns and slams the brakes trying to pull out.

too bad they didn't do more with it, i would have loved an alternating interior with cloth like the old s4 nogaro blue interior (but in red)
Yeah its not that I dont agree that ipads are more versitle, its just we dont carry them in the car when we go to a basketball tournament (30 min drive each way), or any other random drives that we dont consider 'trips' that we think to grab the ipads. As a Dad, I am always waiting lol, so maybe I wanted them for me, so I can watch Marvel/DC movies in the front while I wait on my kids. But yes, we have ipads too, but unless they are mounted/left in the car (theft concern), its not always there like the BluRay/DvD is. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah its not that I dont agree that ipads are more versitle, its just we dont carry them in the car when we go to a basketball tournament (30 min drive each way), or any other random drives that we dont consider 'trips' that we think to grab the ipads. As a Dad, I am always waiting lol, so maybe I wanted them for me, so I can watch Marvel/DC movies in the front while I wait on my kids. But yes, we have ipads too, but unless they are mounted/left in the car (theft concern), its not always there like the BluRay/DvD is. Just my 2 cents.
that is the only drawback i had... right, dadlife. I'm basically waiting around at every practice, school, bday party, car lines, etc. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sunday Stats - Sept 19 - The slow trickle of DDHCs continued over the last two weeks with builds being about a 50/50 split from middle of the pack VINs and new orders. JNAP will be down again next week due to parts shortages. Return to work is currently scheduled for the 27th.
Slope Rectangle Line Font Parallel

Rectangle Slope Plot Line Font

Font Triangle Circle Logo Brand

Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Font Plot

Font Rectangle Line Screenshot Pattern

·
Registered
80 Posts
Maybe best to ask the Chinese or whatever country is releasing the microchips and other components...In Austria I know it is not only chips from a worker working in an auto plant there...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting. So I have a ship date of Sep 22. What does that even mean at this point if they're going to be shut down next week? Would you assume it's built at this time and will have to wait for the shipping process to occur or is it something else. Such a disconnect between Dodge, their dealers and more importantly, their customers. I will probably do the chat this Monday just to see if they are as confused as I am. Everything seems unnecessarily vague for such an established brand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
All auto makers are hurting greatly from the chip shortage. I build homes for a living and it is always evolving in the supply chain with issues from all aspects of sourcing materials so the car makers are no different. Very difficult for all. Based on new numbers they are producing 31.5 per week. With being down next week and if they had no more shut downs that would put them just above 2500 vehicles with ending production on 12/2/21. I think they are focused on getting all sold orders built at this time, but that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Interesting. So I have a ship date of Sep 22. What does that even mean at this point if they're going to be shut down next week? Would you assume it's built at this time and will have to wait for the shipping process to occur or is it something else. Such a disconnect between Dodge, their dealers and more importantly, their customers. I will probably do the chat this Monday just t see if they are as confused as I am. Everything seems unnecessarily vague for such such an established brand.
They will ship completed JGCs and Durangos next week, but if your build sheet or window sticker aren't visible as of today your vehicle isn't done and won't ship next week. DM me your VIN and I can add it to my tracker if you are interested.

Reactions: hoobedda

·
Registered
161 Posts
All auto makers are hurting greatly from the chip shortage. I build homes for a living and it is always evolving in the supply chain with issues from all aspects of sourcing materials so the car makers are no different. Very difficult for all. Based on new numbers they are producing 31.5 per week. With being down next week and if they had no more shut downs that would put them just above 2500 vehicles with ending production on 12/2/21. I think they are focused on getting all sold orders built at this time, but that is just my opinion.
@PHX396 @frictioncircle you guys have the right thinking. I have close to 2200 completed units on my tracker (which I know isn't each and every one of them) as of today. The reason orders are still going in is Dodge still theoretically has build slots for "SOLD" orders between now and the end of November and there aren't 3,000 or 3,200 SOLD orders in the system (which was their build out target several months ago). VINs are immediately getting assigned when a dealer toggles a dealer stock order to customer sold which is a good sign still. A lot has changed since then with the July shutdown and next week's shutdown and that will have an impact on the final build numbers. I also think they have more Durango build slots available in general as more folks are buying JGC Ls so there has to be a downturn in total WK2 JGC production numbers. Still and uphill climb between now and November. We shall see. I am guessing we will be less than 3,000 total at this point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
@PHX396 @frictioncircle you guys have the right thinking. I have close to 2200 completed units on my tracker (which I know isn't each and every one of them) as of today. The reason orders are still going in is Dodge still theoretically has build slots for "SOLD" orders between now and the end of November and there aren't 3,000 or 3,200 SOLD orders in the system (which was their build out target several months ago). VINs are immediately getting assigned when a dealer toggles a dealer stock order to customer sold which is a good sign still. A lot has changed since then with the July shutdown and next week's shutdown and that will have an impact on the final build numbers. I also think they have more Durango build slots available in general as more folks are buying JGC Ls so there has to be a downturn in total WK2 JGC production numbers. Still and uphill climb between now and November. We shall see. I am guessing we will be less than 3,000 total at this point.
They will ship completed JGCs and Durangos next week, but if your build sheet or window sticker aren't visible as of today your vehicle isn't done and won't ship next week. DM me your VIN and I can add it to my tracker if you are interested.
I would love for you to add my vin to your tracking. How do I DM you?
Thanks!! dm sent...

·
Registered
29 Posts
good luck..would be interesting in what your choices were for color/options etc...
Not highly optioned. Billet (no stripes), 3 season tires, HK sound, Lightweight Perf Pack, Trailer tow grp IV. Been in D1 for a while and the dealer has a shipping date of 9/22. D1 status should mean it's a scheduling issue and not component availability. I guess this week will tell the story... who knows? I'll try the chat this morning. I'm beginning to think the customer service folks get the same info the dealer gets which is not much real info. Still hopeful though....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not highly optioned. Billet (no stripes), 3 season tires, HK sound, Lightweight Perf Pack, Trailer tow grp IV. Been in D1 for a while and the dealer has a shipping date of 9/22. D1 status should mean it's a scheduling issue and not component availability. I guess this week will tell the story... who knows? I'll try the chat this morning. I'm beginning to think the customer service folks get the same info the dealer gets which is not much real info. Still hopeful though....
I get more detailed info from the SRT hotline than from Dodge chat, but you are correct that they all have access to the same updates from the factory.

I ordered mine with stripes and the tech package, so I'm mentally preparing myself to not see my Durango until Thanksgiving or later.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My understanding of Grizz's breakdown on the build status codes would lead me to believe your Sep 22 shipping date is almost completely imaginary and that your DDSRT has not yet been built if it is still in D1.

Scheduled
C - tentative schedule
D - firm schedule: serial number is assigned.
D1 - gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned
D2 - gateline: framing and build imminent, usually within 3-6 days
Note: Once a vehicle reaches scheduled (C or D) status, it cannot be cancelled by the dealer. Orders can sit in D-status for up to 60 days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My understanding of Grizz's breakdown on the build status codes would lead me to believe your Sep 22 shipping date is almost completely imaginary and that your DDSRT has not yet been built if it is still in D1.
You may be on to something. General Manager of the dealership just called and said the ship date has been moved to Sept 24. Real or imaginary, something had to of happened for the change. All very confusing. I'm beginning to wonder if there is really any significance to the ship date, especially if the plant is closed down this week. Even the General Manager is astounded at the lack of communication. He did say that he would call the regional rep this Friday if there was no movement by then.. Still hopeful

·
Registered
80 Posts
You may be on to something. General Manager of the dealership just called and said the ship date has been moved to Sept 24. Real or imaginary, something had to of happened for the change. All very confusing. I'm beginning to wonder if there is really any significance to the ship date, especially if the plant is closed down this week. Even the General Manager is astounded at the lack of communication. He did say that he would call the regional rep this Friday if there was no movement by then.. Still hopeful
Are you able to access your window sticker?? My ship date started as May 23 and ended up being the third week in August...communication with all of us has been so frustrating...once you can view your window sticker then it is usually a few weeks from most of our experiences..Good luck

1041 - 1060 of 1128 Posts