Dodge Durango Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1043 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still looking forward to the year end for us. We were initially told 3 months, and it appears to be tracking on-time. Here are some stats on our order:

21 Jul Paid deposit
27 Jul VIN assigned
3 Sep Build date assigned
29 Sep Build starts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just got word my DDHC is in Paint!!!! Finally, it’s moving along! Any idea on how long to the end of the assembly line from that point?
Your build sheet (not window sticker) should be available in 24-36 hours which means it has completed assembly and passed inspection.

Reactions: dbol777

·
Registered
109 Posts
Your build sheet (not window sticker) should be available in 24-36 hours which means it has completed assembly and passed inspection.
Sweet! I’ll check for the build sheet at the end of the week. My salesman said transport & delivery has been a nightmare. So an extended delay could be coming before it hits the showroom floor. :(

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2021 HD FLHXS
105 Posts
Sweet! I’ll check for the build sheet at the end of the week. My salesman said transport & delivery has been a nightmare. So an extended delay could be coming before it hits the showroom floor. :(
That depends on where you're at. When I ordered my DDSRT last year, my salesman called me up and said it's finished, the next he called and said it's in our lot. I'm lucky that I live 4 miles north of JNAP and my dealer is 8 miles north of me. I drove it off the lot before the window sticker showed up online.

·
Premium Member
2021 Durango SRT Hellcat (White Knuckle w/ Blk Demonic Red Interior
43 Posts
Just went into D1 status today with an estimated ship date of 9/23. Not holding my breath that it'll make that since I ordered stripes on mine, but we'll see.
Congrats!

Reactions: DDSRT0311

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am just happy you managed to snag a replacement after what happened. Can’t say I haven’t been sleeping with one eye open on my current road trip…
Thanks, I appreciate it! I’m sure you’re having a blast on your road trip. I took mine in an old Suburban and can’t imagine how fun it is for you in the Hellcat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got an email from a manager at Stellantis this evening that calmed my nerves a little bit. They were vague on specifics, but let me know that something happened to the vehicle during the transportation process that made it an unsellable vehicle. They're trying to prioritize a new build when JNAP opens back up in a few weeks and will hopefully keep me better informed of the process at this point. This specific situation doesn't seem to happen often, but leave it to me... :rolleyes:
So I haven't updated the group in a while and figured I'd type something up. My DDHC is in KZ status again with the window sticker live, with an estimated delivery at the nearby rail yard of 09/18/2021. Dealer ETA is still unknown, but the Dodge employee that has been AWESOME at keeping me in the loop as to status thinks I should have it by end of the month. I have to say, as someone who ordered the literally the first day my dealership was able to submit an order (11/09/2020 -- I wasn't able to get an order in on 11/06/2021 due to someone being out if I recall), I'm not holding my breath until I see it in person!

Now that I'm only a few weeks out from the vehicle being delivered, what are folks doing for anti-theft? I travel relatively frequently and am super paranoid about leaving the car in a hotel parking lot, for example... I know there have been several thefts and Dodge hasn't brought the start PIN to the DDHC yet, which is a real shame.

Also, shout out to CWGrizzwold for helping me track where my vehicle build has been since production started.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Now that I'm only a few weeks out from the vehicle being delivered, what are folks doing for anti-theft? I travel relatively frequently and am super paranoid about leaving the car in a hotel parking lot, for example... I know there have been several thefts and Dodge hasn't brought the start PIN to the DDHC yet, which is a real shame.
If you have a garage, I'd recommend pulling the battery and installing a pedal lock while you're travelling. If you don't have a garage, employ every means possible including a kill switch, pedal lock, neutral pull cover, OBD relocator, etc. Then unless it's a dedicated thief, the only way to get your truck would be putting it on a flat bed.

To play it safe, I'm getting a Faraday bag for my key fobs. For whatever reason, our fobs transmit at all times, so apparently thieves are able to pick up on that signal and gain access to the truck in order to clone a key. Not as much of a risk if your truck is garaged, but you can't be too careful these days.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you have a garage, I'd recommend pulling the battery and installing a pedal lock while you're travelling. If you don't have a garage, employ every means possible including a kill switch, pedal lock, neutral pull cover, OBD relocator, etc. Then unless it's a dedicated thief, the only way to get your truck would be putting it on a flat bed.

To play it safe, I'm getting a Faraday bag for my key fobs. For whatever reason, our fobs transmit at all times, so apparently thieves are able to pick up on that signal and gain access to the truck in order to clone a key. Not as much of a risk if your truck is garaged, but you can't be too careful these days.
Yeah I do have a garage at the house, which my vehicles stay in at all times. Less worried there, but terrified when I have to park at a hotel...

I'm definitely getting a Faraday bag for the fobs. As for the pedal lock, kill switch, and neutral pull cover, any advice on vendor? I'm planning on getting whatever subscriptions Dodge has for vehicle tracking as well, if any.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The dealer in Pennsylvania who got my DDHC told me he has a new TRX coming in soon so if anyone is looking for one pm me...I attached a copy of the window sticker...will provide dealer's info...

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah I do have a garage at the house, which my vehicles stay in at all times. Less worried there, but terrified when I have to park at a hotel...

I'm definitely getting a Faraday bag for the fobs. As for the pedal lock, kill switch, and neutral pull cover, any advice on vendor? I'm planning on getting whatever subscriptions Dodge has for vehicle tracking as well, if any.
i have the evts system with gold level shock/tilt along with a vonetti alpha shield cage. (i use shields for all vehicles, as kids will just use the relays to ransack vehicles at homes or parking lots, others are just velcro pouches but i like the metal one the best)

also a wheel to pedal lock like this (if you get a boot, they'll match keys)

i also have an obd locking cover which i got from europe but the name escapes me at the moment, it was a little hard to come by though. Obviously, all they need to do is rip the dash side or under the glove box to access the star connections. I plan on the key lock out module from dodge when it comes available.

also easy to throw in a tile or apple tracker too

paranoid much? sure but i've also been followed home a few times.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rectangle Slope Plot Line Font

I find this really interesting, more so then color selections. Couple of things I find intriguing or notable:

1. How is red interior on par with black (as far as ordered), how can red really be pulled off as a color as easily as black can? I feel only a few exterior colors can pull off a red interior. Clearly plenty disagree with me.
2. Surprising to see so much tech package choices, I have to image they don’t know it sucks. Lol. I had it on my Trackhawk, it was way more intrusive then helpful, They have a button to turn it off. My hawk only ever had it on for 1 week of its life, after I turn on the technology defeat button the car and I liked each other way more!
3. So few want DVD for what is clearly a family hauler? Interesting. Yes my kids have ipads too, but we dont take them in the car everywhere we go. But they sure love throwing on movies even for a 5min drive to the grocery store. I had to tell them no more of that crap, road trips only. 2 boys 11 and 12.
4.trailer tow group. Huge lesson learned from Trackhawk, supposed if you didnt order it from factory its cost prohibitive later. Something about a whole new wiring harness is needed (no not just a piggyback plugin) so I made sure the durango didn’t have this problem, and got it with tow. Maybe the DD isn’t handicapped with after the fact addition, but its well known a Trackhawk is a nightmare to add after it leaves factory.
5. Red seatbelts seem odd to add to anything other than red interior or red exterior… yet i still got them With blue exterior and black interior. I tell myself they match the brakes lol.
6. Impressive to see all the sunroof agreement, when i ordered one on my demon I felt like an outsider lol… because I was lol.
7. Compact spare… isnt this inaccurate? Anyone with tow package is getting the compact spare so we cant order it unless we didnt order the tow package. Otherwise compact spare is really ‘tow package plus anyone who didnt get tow package but optioned in the spare’

nothing else tickles me funny to bring up. Anything else others spot as interesting in these options popularity?

·
Registered
153 Posts
View attachment 117308

I find this really interesting, more so then color selections. Couple of things I find intriguing or notable:

1. How is red interior on par with black (as far as ordered), how can red really be pulled off as a color as easily as black can? I feel only a few exterior colors can pull off a red interior. Clearly plenty disagree with me.
2. Surprising to see so much tech package choices, I have to image they don’t know it sucks. Lol. I had it on my Trackhawk, it was way more intrusive then helpful, They have a button to turn it off. My hawk only ever had it on for 1 week of its life, after I turn on the technology defeat button the car and I liked each other way more!
3. So few want DVD for what is clearly a family hauler? Interesting. Yes my kids have ipads too, but we dont take them in the car everywhere we go. But they sure love throwing on movies even for a 5min drive to the grocery store. I had to tell them no more of that crap, road trips only. 2 boys 11 and 12.
4.trailer tow group. Huge lesson learned from Trackhawk, supposed if you didnt order it from factory its cost prohibitive later. Something about a whole new wiring harness is needed (no not just a piggyback plugin) so I made sure the durango didn’t have this problem, and got it with tow. Maybe the DD isn’t handicapped with after the fact addition, but its well known a Trackhawk is a nightmare to add after it leaves factory.
5. Red seatbelts seem odd to add to anything other than red interior or red exterior… yet i still got them With blue exterior and black interior. I tell myself they match the brakes lol.
6. Impressive to see all the sunroof agreement, when i ordered one on my demon I felt like an outsider lol… because I was lol.
7. Compact spare… isnt this inaccurate? Anyone with tow package is getting the compact spare so we cant order it unless we didnt order the tow package. Otherwise compact spare is really ‘tow package plus anyone who didnt get tow package but optioned in the spare’

nothing else tickles me funny to bring up. Anything else others spot as interesting in these options popularity?
1. I am surprised by the 50/50 split on interior as well. Folks are paying for the premium Laguna leather and living with the fact that only Demonic Red is available. I have had both interiors and they both have their pros and cons. I do prefer the Demonic Red in the Durango however.
2. Tech package isn't just Lane Keep Assist, which most people hate and turn off, but also includes Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop, which I like a lot. It also includes Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking.
3. I bought the DVD package as I have kids to and appreciate the way it is integrated into the vehicle. Yes, I know two iPads would have been cheaper, but that's not the point for me. It's the convenience and my kids use it all the time (8 and 11).
4. Trailer tow can be added after the fact, but as you mention it is more expensive than ordering it from the factory (if you get the full package and not just a hitch).
5. In this case I tend to agree with you as the red belts match the Demonic Red leather and not the Redline Red calipers or accent stripes. So it is off a bit if you get the black interior, but still a nice accent with some exterior colors.
6. If you live in a hot region of the US the sunroof is great to be able to vent and let some of the air out while parked. It is nice to have to open on cooler days as well. Sure it adds weight but only a small portion on a 5,700-lb SUV.
7. No, it's not inaccurate as I set my graph per option selected. As you mentioned you can opt for the compact spare if you don't get the Trailer Tow Package. This is what that represents. Only 6% of the orders that didn't get the Trailer Tow Package opted for the compact spare. So 20% of the DDHCs so far don't have a spare tire at all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
2. Oh trust me when I speak of the tech package, I am absolutely speaking of "Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking" Since I would set it off at least ONCE a day, let me tell you what it really does, it sends this ANNOYING "!" in the center council telling you that your going to crash, even when what you are really doing is a rapid lane change, which you realize IF you didn't change lane of course you would plow into this person, but since a lane change is eminent, its annoying me. The worst one, will make you look like a jackass... well me at least, now imagine you're passing someone, so you can get the POLE position at a light, except you also know you have to stop because the light is red (very common occurrence for me): guy in front of me in the left lane is going slow, lots of room left for me to take his position and win the race, so I go right lane (who is also going too slow for me but he is up ahead 100 yards), and I haul ass towards him as if I want to ram him, except, I am only doing this to pass the guy on the left, so then once I pass guy on the left, I am ready to over take his lane, EXCEPT that damn collision warning things I am going to ram the guy in the right lane at the speeds I am going, it doesnt know what I know, I am just coming in hot, I switch lanes back to the left, which my speed now gaps the guy behind me, and give him plenty of time to slow down as we both get to the red light (im just way ahead of him and going faster), dont forget the system just warned me collision was inevitable, I throw some 'love' to the brakes because now I have to slow down for the red, and the system thinks its a PANIC stop, and its 'all hands on deck' it throws brakes on FULL lock down..... brrrrrreeeeeeaaaart as you come to the light, looking like a jackass because your ABS went full LOCK down, and you screeched the tires as the system panic stopped you. People think you didnt know what you were doing, and slammed on your brakes... but in fact I didnt, but the system thought I needed it. Thanks system, I'll do my own driving. If you dont drive like a jackass like me, then its probably a good system.
3. Right we on the same page, I was just refuting others saying 'i didnt need them, my kids have ipads'.... unless you leave them in the car all the time, or you have TWO sets of them, its not practical. I am glad I got DVDs/bluray but shocked so many others decided against it for what is clearly a family hauler.
7. Not that its 'inaccurate' I guess I mean there is another way of looking at it, which you explain, 80% of these durangos DO in fact have spare tires, but only 6% of these beasts without a tow package have them as well.

1021 - 1040 of 1043 Posts