Dodge Durango Forum banner
881 - 900 of 913 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
A representative from SRT gave me a ring this morning with an update. They let me know that my original VIN that was scheduled to be delivered yesterday was replaced with a new VIN due to the global microchip shortage combined with COVID-19-related issues. I'm struggling to understand what that means. I asked to escalate, but the representative declined saying that's all the information anyone in all of Stellantis would have.
I got an email from a manager at Stellantis this evening that calmed my nerves a little bit. They were vague on specifics, but let me know that something happened to the vehicle during the transportation process that made it an unsellable vehicle. They're trying to prioritize a new build when JNAP opens back up in a few weeks and will hopefully keep me better informed of the process at this point. This specific situation doesn't seem to happen often, but leave it to me... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Talk about opaque.... 🤨 ..so your SUV either got damaged in transit/stolen/drowned....On the bright side..they should make you whole...

·
Registered
265 Posts
A representative from SRT gave me a ring this morning with an update. They let me know that my original VIN that was scheduled to be delivered yesterday was replaced with a new VIN due to the global microchip shortage combined with COVID-19-related issues. I'm struggling to understand what that means. I asked to escalate, but the representative declined saying that's all the information anyone in all of Stellantis would have.
Yep, sounds like your original one was flooded.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I ordered on 7/7 and received a VIN. Customer Sercice chat told me yesterday that my vehicle was about to enter assembly, currently in scheduling status. What does that mean? How long from assembly to delivery has your experiences been? The customer service rep told me I am looking at 8-9 weeks from order to delivery. But that doesn’t seem true with what is being said on this forum.

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2021 HD FLHXS
84 Posts
Plant supervisor but can't spell axle properly? :(
But an axle has an axial rotation around it's center line. lol It threw me off too. I'm sure it's just a typo.

But, she's an area supervisor within the Sterling Stamping Plant that makes the majority of the body parts for our Durangos.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
But an axle has an axial rotation around it's center line. lol It threw me off too. I'm sure it's just a typo.

But, she's an area supervisor within the Sterling Stamping Plant that makes the majority of the body parts for our Durangos.
Lol, I like that.
I had read about this plant shutdown before but don't remember where.
Just another notch in the belt of this pandemic. It has really disrupted so much and no signs of it going completely away.

·
Registered
2020 DDSRT Octane Red, 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 2021 HD FLHXS
84 Posts
Lol, I like that.
I had read about this plant shutdown before but don't remember where.
Just another notch in the belt of this pandemic. It has really disrupted so much and no signs of it going completely away.
Sterling Stamping has even gone down to 1 shift. And that shift is a skeleton crew.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well the most important number is the one we each ordered!...It may sound a bit selfish but while we would like to see others with a genuine interest rather than a financial one receive the DDHC they ordered...Sad how people like us have been pushed aside while big name dealers can get stock orders before our personal ones...My DDHC was just offloaded from the train and should be delivered to the dealer very soon, but only after over an 8 month wait and battle with them to build and finish it...I cannot see how they could possibly make 3K but after all, to us once we get ours, it is such a mental load suddenly relieved...and we must be happy for each new DDHC delivered to the members of these forums...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, wanted to introduce myself. Placed order for DDHC on 6/24. Just checked with the dealership, order is still in D status with a VIN. No other info was given. By reading all yalls past posts, it doesn’t look good but I’m going to stay optimistic! Currently driving a DDSRT and love it, can only imagine how the HC will drive. Anyway, thank you all for the information on this forum!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey everyone, wanted to introduce myself. Placed order for DDHC on 6/24. Just checked with the dealership, order is still in D status with a VIN. No other info was given. By reading all yalls past posts, it doesn’t look good but I’m going to stay optimistic! Currently driving a DDSRT and love it, can only imagine how the HC will drive. Anyway, thank you all for the information on this forum!
Congrats! You're gonna love it. It's a noticable step up from the SRT. But same shit eating grin when you drive it. 😁

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats on your order. I assume since you and me have a vin# that we will have our cars built. I can't see them giving a vin# and not building the cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats on your order. I assume since you and me have a vin# that we will have our cars built. I can't see them giving a vin# and not building the cars.
Well, congrats all around are in order. I placed my DDHC order back on 6/15. Have my VON and VIN. Maybe we should start a pool to see who actually gets theirs first....:sneaky: Might have to get a zanax drip or something to get me through the next few weeks (months?).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, congrats all around are in order. I placed my DDHC order back on 6/15. Have my VON and VIN. Maybe we should start a pool to see who actually gets theirs first....:sneaky: Might have to get a zanax drip or something to get me through the next few weeks (months?).
Lol sounds good. Maybe our batch will be built at the same time. Lol I agree with you on the waiting. That's the worst.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ordered 6/28
Update this morning is that Jefferson plant is closed until 8/9. Check for an update after plant resumes production.

881 - 900 of 913 Posts