Dodge Durango Forum banner

681 - 700 of 759 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
just as an FYI, if you use regular expel over the stripe sticker it will glossify it.

The only way to make it look stock is to remove the sticker and reapply a new one over the expel before putting ceramic coating on the whole thing.
making it hard LOL
I will talk to installer about this fortunately stripes are not to crazy expensive at least the 2020 (hood one is like $180) if have to replace it down the road.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Really nice! Mine is finished but not here yet which is granite with that redline/dual black striping too...
Good luck with your new ride and please get familiar with it before playing around...A few now on auction from guys who did not!

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Really nice! Mine is finished but not here yet which is granite with that redline/dual black striping too...
Good luck with your new ride and please get familiar with it before playing around...A few now on auction from guys who did not!
Not always driver error just cuz the vehicle is powerful doesn't mean that driver was at fault. Saw a video last week where someone ran a red light and hit them in there DDHC as they started going.
But be safe out there no matter what.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Memorial Monday Stats! Thanks to all those that sacrificed that allow us to live in a country where we can buy 700+HP, factory-backed hot rods! At least 178 additional VINs are built but not shipped with 129 of those waiting on stripes. I have also found 10 unshipped VINs headed to Mexico, but no additional VINs for Canada to add this week.

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Love the red striping along the outer edge. It's brilliant! In comparison to the wider stripes, it's barely there. Very subtle - but you KNOW it's there, you know what I mean?
Yes I do, I am glad I opted in for those redline stripes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
wondering if they send you message the manufacturing process is complete and the vehicle has moved into the quality control phase if that means the stripes have been completed and simply last step before shipping

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats!! I ordered mine 11/13/20...and had to fight to even get the order thru allocation...but I can search and large dealers in PA have dealer stock which was supposed to be built after sold units marked priority 01...still stuck in the stripes phase now...How corporate claims they will be making a total of 3000 by July is simply rediculous when they have not even shipped or produced a good portion of the original 2000...

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
One of the early orders like most of us! There are still an alarming number of early orders that haven't been built, shipped or are waiting on stripes. I don't get it and it shouldn't happen as some of the most recent orders have already been built and shipped. Did you order from a small dealer?
Fairly small. I'm not sure they had an allocation, but I was assigned a VIN last year fairly quickly. At one point, the GM suspected the car was just never going to be built despite having a VIN.

681 - 700 of 759 Posts