Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added a dark smoked hood deflector (bug shield) or front spoiler/splitter to their SRT Durango?

I am thinking about adding one or both of these to my 2018 SRT Durango, and I am not finding much information on either.

Any information and/or pictures would be appreciated.

Here is the front spoiler/splitter I am looking at:
FXud.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have seen a couple people do splitters.

Bug deflector, haven’t seen anyone and I hope I don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have seen a couple people do splitters.

Bug deflector, haven’t seen anyone and I hope I don’t.

I’d think the bug deflector would interfere with air getting into the hood scoop

·
Registered
223 Posts
I’d think the bug deflector would interfere with air getting into the hood scoop

I agree. I don’t think it will have good form or function with this vehicle. Definitely doesn’t match the look of having a splitter on the front.

Screams JC Whitney.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I would bet real $$ that a bug deflector for any current Durango would fit those with the SRT style hood. That front lip looks the same to me, would need to actually see them side by side to be sure.
I know the hood bra I bought for a regular Durango fit my R/T like a glove.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
223 Posts
For anyone interested, I found this informative article a few years back on the Hellcat hood. It explains how it was Designed and how it functions:
The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat?s Airflow Management

The hood shield I am looking at looks similar to this:
View attachment 103988
The article is correct. The scoops are heat exchangers. All engines hate heat, but the 392 in particular, heat really affects power. I fully admit, I don’t like the looks of it, but that’s objective. Beyond that, if the deflector works the way it’s supposed to it’s going to the front intake pretty useless.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The bug deflector looks like a clean design however, I've never been a fan. I went with the XPel clear film on the front of the hood and fenders and was very happy with how it held up and kept the front end clean. Not sure what advantage a deflector would have over that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a front splitter and side skirts. If you want to see it let me know and I'll send some pics. No bug deflector...I do have a sealant on my paint and I use a quick detailer spray a few times a week to keep it clean and shiny.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a front splitter and side skirts. If you want to see it let me know and I'll send some pics. No bug deflector...I do have a sealant on my paint and I use a quick detailer spray a few times a week to keep it clean and shiny.
PM sent.

·
Registered
510 Posts
A bug deflector should help keep the bugs from impacting the length of the hood & keep some (but not all) from impacting the windshield.
That's the theory anyway :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
WeatherTech makes a hood protector. Protects the front of the hood from chips, but doesn’t change the aerodynamics (or I guess I should say barely changes the aerodynamics). 725D438E-76E3-4353-A706-8C30C5CA9A62.jpeg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
JeffPA
Dodge Durango Forum
Welcome to the best Dodge Durango Forum around, where you can find a great Dodge Durango Wiki and discuss the reliability of the different trim levels including the GT and SRT!
Full Forum Listing