Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..I am curious to know when you ordered your RT are you now unhappy with your interior color selection, if so why.

I might be approaching this weird however I can't make up my mind about the interior selection. It is a bummer if you choose the Sepia types you then have to pay more money for the back seat upgrade which I was not going to select.

I have always wanted red seats however don't know if I would grow tried of it, also for resale ever is it a deal killer

The saddle Sepia looks nice however I can't see it with any other outside color than black?

Also do any of you have the Vice White? I really like it even though I have to pay up for it.

In closing I would love to know if your totally jazzed by your exterior and interior colors choices..what are they?

Thanks..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi..I am curious to know when you ordered your RT are you now unhappy with your interior color selection, if so why.

I might be approaching this weird however I can't make up my mind about the interior selection. It is a bummer if you choose the Sepia types you then have to pay more money for the back seat upgrade which I was not going to select.

I have always wanted red seats however don't know if I would grow tried of it, also for resale ever is it a deal killer

The saddle Sepia looks nice however I can't see it with any other outside color than black?

Also do any of you have the Vice White? I really like it even though I have to pay up for it.

In closing I would love to know if your totally jazzed by your exterior and interior colors choices..what are they?

Thanks..
Sorry to see no replies... we are going to look at a 2019 r/t with the red/black seats on Friday... wife has big concerns but we’ll see what we think. As for resale, I never worry about it... we get what we like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just picked up my 2020 RT a couple days ago. Had it built loaded to the brim, with the black leather. I love it. It might be boring to some, but I can never see myself getting sick of it. Have had it in three other MOPARs and feel it’s the way to go for me. I love the uniform look throughout.

Best advice I could give to you would be to go with what you and your wife love. If she loves it and you like it, go with what she wants, as the saying suggests!

Best of luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the brown/black combo on my 2019 black citadel. Bought used, I wasn’t a huge fan of the seats in the photos but used citadels with tow packages are rare around here. They’ve grown on me in a big way. I love them now, I think it classes up the interior a lot.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have the “Ivory 3 Coat”, (now renamed “Vice White”) with the black interior.

I love the paint, but not a fan of the black interior. Saddle would be my choice

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just picked up my 2020 RT a couple days ago. Had it built loaded to the brim, with the black leather. I love it. It might be boring to some, but I can never see myself getting sick of it. Have had it in three other MOPARs and feel it’s the way to go for me. I love the uniform look throughout.

Best advice I could give to you would be to go with what you and your wife love. If she loves it and you like it, go with what she wants, as the saying suggests!

Best of luck!
Hey Brolic, how long did you have to wait from when you ordered to when you got your Durango? I ordered mine on April 13th (82 days ago) and have heard nothing from Dodge or my dealer. I know the Jefferson North plant was closed for a bit and reopened around May 18th, I’m just curious as to how backlogged they are.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Brolic, how long did you have to wait from when you ordered to when you got your Durango? I ordered mine on April 13th (82 days ago) and have heard nothing from Dodge or my dealer. I know the Jefferson North plant was closed for a bit and reopened around May18th, I’m just curious as to how backlogged they are.
COVID-19 really put my patience to the test. I ordered on February 25/26th, and didn’t take delivery until June 17th. Was originally scheduled to take delivery on or around April 2nd, but the plants getting shut down pushed me well to the right of that.

My salesperson told me there were orders placed well after mine that delivered shortly after they reopened the plants, so there really is no rhyme or reason to it. I definitely know how you feel, and hope your wait is not too much longer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cool. I ordered the octane red with the blacktop package and black/sepia seat color. I’ll let this thread know how it looks when it arrives (if it ever does.)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I was gonna get the Red Interior when I was building my 2017 R/T. The issue I had was I couldn't find one on any lot to go see before I ordered. I looked at 5 different Dodge Dealers.
I decided not to go red interior because I didn't know if I would get tired of it or did like it when it arrived.
I went with the only other color option then which was black with the Red stitching and R/T was still on the seats.
I don't regret my choice as I really like the black leather interior.

I hear you on the seat option, I hate being forced into getting the Captian chairs as I would much prefer the Bench as I have now. I like it as you can carry 3 people if needed or have more of a flat cargo area if you lay all the seas down.

I'm getting a 2021 and if the brown leather interior is still avalible then that is most likely the route I want to go. But I want to see it in person first.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I contemplated red interior but even from YouTube videos I watched I thought it was too bright or light of a shade of red. BMW has a sweet red interior and it’s a dark red, almost like a wine red. The dodge red is like “clown nose red.” Just my opinion. I know lots of guys dig it and everybody likes something different.

·
Registered
119 Posts
COVID-19 really put my patience to the test. I ordered on February 25/26th, and didn’t take delivery until June 17th. Was originally scheduled to take delivery on or around April 2nd, but the plants getting shut down pushed me well to the right of that.

My salesperson told me there were orders placed well after mine that delivered shortly after they reopened the plants, so there really is no rhyme or reason to it. I definitely know how you feel, and hope your wait is not too much longer.
Hey Brolic, did you get any email notifications from Dodge about the status or updates on your build order along the way? I’m closing in on the 100 day mark and have heard nothing. I asked my dealer to check on it last week but he seems pretty worthless. Never got back to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Brolic, did you get any email notifications from Dodge about the status or updates on your build order along the way? I’m closing in on the 100 day mark and have heard nothing. I asked my dealer to check on it last week but he seems pretty worthless. Never got back to me.
I didn’t get anything from Dodge and it drove me crazy. I would recommend calling a manager at the dealership, they should be able to tell you something.

And dime out the worthless salesperson while you’re at it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine took 4 months or more to finally show up as well. The salesman at the dealership had some basic information, like when it was done with paint, or done on the assembly line and headed to the detailer for the SRT stuff, and then when it was sitting in a rail yard ready to ship. Even then, it surprised him when he saw them offloading it from the truck. He had no notification other than what he was able to pry out of the factory. He kept me up to date if he could get anything new but sometimes it was weeks between updates.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have a 2018 R/T with red seats. At first wasn't too sure about it. I've come to love it and it gets lots of compliments. The nappa leather itself isn't too bad either. I've been conditioning it and have no major cracks or creases after 50,000km. It seems more durable than BMW M cars I've owned.

Going with destroyer on red for the new R/T!

·
Registered
111 Posts
If anyone hates their red seats and or door panels i will gladly swap you for my black with red stitched R/T ones!

·
Registered
249 Posts
At 40K and 3 1/2 years the wife and I still like it, she picked it, I the Hemi :)

And as a previous poster stated the red isn't "clown red", it's way darker than you see in the published photos.

·
Registered
119 Posts
At 40K and 3 1/2 years the wife and I still like it, she picked it, I the Hemi :)

And as a previous poster stated the red isn't "clown red", it's way darker than you see in the published photos.
It was “clown nose red,” and I only said that to be a smart ass. Like I said, everyone likes what they like (or something to that effect.) I may have opted for the red seats myself if I didn’t already have my heart set on the octane red exterior color.

127 days and counting...

·
Registered
72 Posts
While we’re talking about interior colors, it’s always really bugged me that dodge only gives you two color options inside their $62k+ SRT. Why can’t we get a light grey, a tan/brown, or at least the frost beige (available in other trim levels) for the SRT interior? Because the vehicle has more HP? It’s dumb.

I don’t know of any other car brands that reduce the amount of options you have as you pay more for a vehicle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts