Dodge Durango Forum banner

Any issues with your SRT?

41K views 169 replies 51 participants last post by  DBSRT 
#1 ·
I had the "dents" along the roofline which SRT group determined were not repairable. I asked for a new truck but got an Appearance Service Contract for 5yrs instead. I had already purchased one so ended up with a $550 refund.

At the dealer now with one horn not sounding and an unknown oil leak. They are saying the oil pressure switch was loose and leaking. They have tightened it and cleaned up the bottom end and are running it to make sure that was it.

And the issues with missing Transmission settings which should be taken care of with the BCM flash. I reminded the advisor twice since none of her updates included it.

Anyone else?

#6 ·
So, 2nd attempt to update the BCM failed to restore the Trans settings. SRT opened a case and one of their senior techs is working together with the dealership to determine why the update isn't working.
I asked the SRT rep if I was the only one experiencing this and, of course, he said I was...SMH

#7 ·
FCA is buying my SRT back. Too many issues with my SRT to list here. Some of those issues were posted in earlier posts/separate posts. I just ordered a new black with red interior. Hopefully when this one arrives it will be perfect. FCA called the issues as non-conformity issues.

#12 ·
That doesn’t seem to be the best source for Durango reliability... seems they and beefing the hell out of that thing and modding it to make it as much of a show off and ‘look at me on the web’ car as possible. Clearly he is looking for things to YouTube about to get followers so he is going to comment on every little thing. Just my perspective... not really into all these guys with a camera and a YouTube channel that think everyone should sub and watch to they can make money showing off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Latest issue: My UConnect system is stuck in a loop. It stays on for about 15 seconds (radio/climate control/nav, etc) and then shuts down and reboots. I know it is a reboot because I lose my radio station settings every time it does it. I don't know if it is related, and I hope it isn't but, this all started yesterday after it started raining here. And it rained all day so every time I got in, it was doing it. I just decided to shut off the system but it is still rebooting. With it "Off" it flashes SRT across the screen every so often and the digital temp readouts will display for about 3 seconds.
Will be calling the dealer on Monday.

#20 ·
#21 ·
#28 ·
Maybe its the fact he's paying for 2 SRT's vehicles and Youtube is not covering the payments as expected?
I'm sure the exhaust was free in exchange for using his D to build it and promote it on Youtube.
Hopefully no one is dumb enough to pay anything over $1,500 for an aftermarket exhaust let alone anything near $8,500.

But I bet you'll be able to get $10K off a new one here pretty soon and a trade in or buyout at say Carmax is probably closer to $15K off sticker or more.

#32 ·
So, not an issue yet but, I have read numerous reviews on the Scorpion tires claiming they don't last past 25,000 miles. I know it is still pretty early but, I've got 9000 on mine already. Anyone else hear about the low tread life? And, if so, what tires would you guys recommend as a replacement?

#33 ·
It would be great to get 25,000 miles! Reviews seem to say about 15,000-20,000 miles. On my Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT with the same Scorpion tires, I barely reached 15,000. However, on occasion, I do pull a small utility trailer which probably doesn't help. I suspect my wife does street racing!!!:eek:

#40 ·
My SRT gets here next Friday. I’ve had good luck with my grand Cherokee. So hopefully I have the same luck with my dodge.

Does the dealership do all the necessary updates to the uconnect software or is hat a end user responsibility?

Also I live in the Southwest and I haven’t come across any incentives to lower the msrp price. They all seem to be for every Durango but the SRT. Certainly not 10k off msrp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#41 ·
Since they are new for 2018, DDSRTs are hot sellers right now. Some dealers are trying to get above the MSRP. I know some are claiming to offer $10,000 off but I'd be skeptical of a deal like that. On mine, the best my dealer would do is invoice price and I know the dealer quite well. I was able to get a really good trade-in price on my 2014 Chevrolet SS sedan. I also was able to get the dealer to throw in some Mopar accessory items.

#49 ·
3000 miles no issues. Same left rear door rattle on close that our wk2. Doesnt rattle when on the move.
My wife is getting approx 11-12mpg in mixed driving. Compare this to 13 she was getting in our wk2 Hemi

I saw 17 on a round lightly loaded round trip from Bay Area to Tahoe and back. That’s where I’m seeing the biggest diffference. The Jeep would average 20 on that trip, fully loaded.

We have no regrets and like almost everything better.
Pros:
6.4 liters of Merica, braking, suspension. Much appreciated room over the wk2 in a similar sized package and in my opinion, a better center console design
Cons:
Suspension is pretty firm in softest setting. Flapped exhaust system. I’d like to remove the brake cooling ducts under the bumper to improve clearance.

#59 ·
I have been feeling a vibration when slowing without braking. Right around 45 MPH and down to about 30 ish. It seems to only be in default street mode when it does it. It also "sticks" a bit at acceleration from a quick stop at like a stop sign. When I use Sport mode or even Eco I haven't noticed it. Any thoughts?

I will bring it up when I take it in soon for 1st oil change but wondering if anyone has noticed something similar?

Other than that I have a couple little plastic piece issues inside that look like easy fixes.

#66 ·
not sure if its in the manual or not. i found it on the internet somewhere (hellcat or LX forums) and its worked on my old scat pack and both my current hellcat and durango. very convenient.

#69 ·
I found a dent in the hood right where you would put your hand on to close it if it didn't close tight the first time. It's pretty soft metal so don't do what I did - or the dealer did, idk. I had it fixed and it looks perfect.
Also, the paint looks like it was rolled on with a roller and a pan. (Black)

#70 ·
Not sure if it's a bug, but the digital gauges in my 2019 lag when cycling pages. Also when turning on Adaptive Cruise Control, the display flickers, and sometimes lags when displaying that ACC is engaged and the speed I set it to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.