Dodge Durango Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Im having Electronic Stability Control issues with my 2019 SRT DURANGO.

All the ESC lil pictures are showing up in my instrument cluster. Its hard for me to turn my truck n feels shaking. I need help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That doesn’t seem to be the best source for Durango reliability... seems they and beefing the hell out of that thing and modding it to make it as much of a show off and ‘look at me on the web’ car as possible. Clearly he is looking for things to YouTube about to get followers so he is going to comment on every little thing. Just my perspective... not really into all these guys with a camera and a YouTube channel that think everyone should sub and watch to they can make money showing off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing... I have an 18DDSRT as well, and with the exception of brake dust, not one issue at all!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Have any of you had a similar experience regarding the pump stopping unexpectedly with your SRT? I've never had that happen to any vehicle I've owned.
This is a known issue with capless systems. From what others have posted it appears to be an issue with the style of pump. I get my gas at Costco and have never had it happen. But if I go to another gas station I have to rotate the nozzle so it is basically upside down to prevent it from stopping.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Im having Electronic Stability Control issues with my 2019 SRT DURANGO.

All the ESC lil pictures are showing up in my instrument cluster. Its hard for me to turn my truck n feels shaking. I need help.
I would have it towed in to your dealer if you don't feel safe driving it and let them check it out while the issue is occuring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is a known issue with capless systems. From what others have posted it appears to be an issue with the style of pump. I get my gas at Costco and have never had it happen. But if I go to another gas station I have to rotate the nozzle so it is basically upside down to prevent it from stopping.
I too have to hold the pump handle upside down or it will click off every 3 seconds. Highly annoying, but it’s a small sacrifice for this fun suv

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the word on capless systems, Moe. I'm gonna remember to rotate the nozzle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I too have to hold the pump handle upside down or it will click off every 3 seconds. Highly annoying, but it’s a small sacrifice for this fun suv

I agree with you. In the great scheme of things with the SRTs, not a big deal. I just don't want to make a habit of having gasoline run down the clear coat. 😉

·
Registered
80 Posts
One annoying issue I keep having is that Honda Accord owners keep picking races with me. I have yet to pass an Accord who doesn't speed up and try to pass me to show me how fast his car is. I never had this problem with my R/T.
Like I said, these rocket sleds provoke a reaction in some people.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Gasoline will not <immediately> destroy your clear coat. When that happens to me I remove what I can and rinse the area when I get home. Not a panic situation.

Gasoline WILL stain white plastic rubrails on boats though!

I have noticed on both my SRT and my Z06 that if I go to a gas station where the pavement is not flat and the car is tilted so that the passenger's side is higher than the driver's side (fuel fill side), even a little, they are hard to fill, with a lot of kickback. If the passenger side is even with or lower than the drivers side, no problem at all.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Gasoline will not <immediately> destroy your clear coat. When that happens to me I remove what I can and rinse the area when I get home. Not a panic situation.

Gasoline WILL stain white plastic rubrails on boats though!

I have noticed on both my SRT and my Z06 that if I go to a gas station where the pavement is not flat and the car is tilted so that the passenger's side is higher than the driver's side (fuel fill side), even a little, they are hard to fill, with a lot of kickback. If the passenger side is even with or lower than the drivers side, no problem at all.
Thanks for the word on clear coats and gasoline. In that moment, I wasn't going to take any chances. I did exactly what you did. Rinsed off what I could on the spot then thoroughly doused the rest at the spray and wash.

I've not experienced what you mentioned about uneven pavement, though.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts