Dodge Durango Forum banner

141 - 160 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I guess my Dad just said it's the oil pressure drops down to 10 pounds from leaving it idle and the valves start tapping. The State Police are having some problems with them. That's what we were told.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I guess my Dad just said it's the oil pressure drops down to 10 pounds from leaving it idle and the valves start tapping. The State Police are having some problems with them. That's what we were told.

I haven't seen any oil pressure issues on mine, and have never heard any valvetrain noise. Coolant temps do creep up at idle, but they level out at 220-225 or so. As soon as you put a few RPM's on the motor they drop right back down to 203-206. There are a number of threads/posts from guys that put on cooler thermostats......but it sounds to me to be a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Running hot, and overheating, are two different things.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
One annoying issue I keep having is that Honda Accord owners keep picking races with me. I have yet to pass an Accord who doesn't speed up and try to pass me to show me how fast his car is. I never had this problem with my R/T.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I'm just glad I found out ahead of time I'll just be more careful just in case. I had run a cooler thermostat in my old suv, I actually forgot I did that. I actually park my Pathfinder in the shade when I get to camp and like I said i pop my hood. It has to help with the hood up. And that's hilarious CaptMoe that people in accords try to race you. My 5.6 in my Pathfinder is quick but it's only 5 speed tranny . I've taken people that should be faster than me but it's just because they don't realize it's a V8. But the SRT would annihilate my Path.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Long time lurker, finally joined.... Bought my '18 in May 2019 with 7899 miles as CPO. Other than local dealer using the wrong oil/wrong filter the "one" time it went there for an oil change, it's been one of the best vehicles I've owned. (and this is number 77!). Turned 33k miles on Monday, all good.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I had the water pump, radiator, belt and pulley replaced at 63,700 miles. Dealer said it's a common problem. How many of you have had an issue with the water pump?
I was fortunate it decided to go about 20 feet from my job. Parked it, waited 3 hours for Mopar to come get it. Then ended up towing it myself to the dealer.
Also had them check an annoying rattle coming from the right side of the vehicle. I've been trying to isolate but couldn't. Dealer said it is coming from the Active Head Restraint system and parts were ordered but currently on back order. Not sure where that is located or why it would rattle but, we'll see if it does indeed take care of the noise.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the water pump, radiator, belt and pulley replaced at 63,700 miles. Dealer said it's a common problem. How many of you have had an issue with the water pump?
I was fortunate it decided to go about 20 feet from my job. Parked it, waited 3 hours for Mopar to come get it. Then ended up towing it myself to the dealer.
Also had them check an annoying rattle coming from the right side of the vehicle. I've been trying to isolate but couldn't. Dealer said it is coming from the Active Head Restraint system and parts were ordered but currently on back order. Not sure where that is located or why it would rattle but, we'll see if it does indeed take care of the noise.
Thank God for the warranty, eh, Moe? I'm not that far behind you with 40, 000 kms on my mine. To date, I've had things replaced that I didn't expect to at this juncture. For example, three weeks ago, the AC wasn't blowing as cold as it should be. My first impulse was to think it's a freon situation, either a leak or strangely, a top up. But a top up, though? Already? I don't use the AC that often and when I do, it's not for a prolonged period. I leaned towards the notion of a leak.

Wrong! I had a faulty condenser. So, the condenser and trans cooler were replaced. Again, thank you, warranty. That would've been a small mint to replace otherwise.

I had the right front fog lamp replaced because a stone had chipped the lens, causing it not to function and allowing condensation to appear inside. That, too, no charge.

Last month, the on board system alerted me to the rear right tire being under - inflated. I thought that was weird as I'd not had any similar indication with any of the other three. Added air. Lasted for two days. On the third day, there was the indication again. I thought slow leak. I took it to the dealership and found a nail on the inside sidewall of the right rear tire. Up here, perhaps also in the States, it's against the law to repair a puncture on the sidewall of a tire. As we know, tires have cords that run all around the tread of the tire. But on the sidewall, those cords aren't there. So, there's no way for a plug to fill that hole. The patch won't hold and it's going to keep leaking. The bill was $745.49 of which $588.03 was our SRT's Pirelli PR2748000 - 295 45ZR20 rubber. This was more of a fluke than anything else. The inner sidewall?

I'd like to ask our group if any of you have noticed a flickering of the illuminated SRT logo in the middle of your steering wheels? I checked online to see if it was not uncommon. I found some accounts of the occurrence with explanations ranging from emblem being part of the airbag assembly to it being the result of a loose connection. Naturally, the dang logo lit up correctly at the dealership, even after the techs checked for updates and star notices and found no issues. Since then, the flickering has been a lot less but still occurs every once in a while.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
I went with the peace of mind of the Extended Service Contract. Fortunately, I was one of the last to be able to purchase the Lifetime coverage. Along with it I also bought the Hazard protection which paid for itself thanks to two separate tire issues. So yes, thank you warranty...:cool:
I haven't noticed flickering of the emblem but will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT 6.4L V8 AWD
24 Posts
Thank God for the warranty, eh, Moe? I'm not that far behind you with 40, 000 kms on my mine. To date, I've had things replaced that I didn't expect to at this juncture. For example, three weeks ago, the AC wasn't blowing as cold as it should be. My first impulse was to think it's a freon situation, either a leak or strangely, a top up. But a top up, though? Already? I don't use the AC that often and when I do, it's not for a prolonged period. I leaned towards the notion of a leak.

Wrong! I had a faulty condenser. So, the condenser and trans cooler were replaced. Again, thank you, warranty. That would've been a small mint to replace otherwise.

I had the right front fog lamp replaced because a stone had chipped the lens, causing it not to function and allowing condensation to appear inside. That, too, no charge.

Last month, the on board system alerted me to the rear right tire being under - inflated. I thought that was weird as I'd not had any similar indication with any of the other three. Added air. Lasted for two days. On the third day, there was the indication again. I thought slow leak. I took it to the dealership and found a nail on the inside sidewall of the right rear tire. Up here, perhaps also in the States, it's against the law to repair a puncture on the sidewall of a tire. As we know, tires have cords that run all around the tread of the tire. But on the sidewall, those cords aren't there. So, there's no way for a plug to fill that hole. The patch won't hold and it's going to keep leaking. The bill was $745.49 of which $588.03 was our SRT's Pirelli PR2748000 - 295 45ZR20 rubber. This was more of a fluke than anything else. The inner sidewall?

I'd like to ask our group if any of you have noticed a flickering of the illuminated SRT logo in the middle of your steering wheels? I checked online to see if it was not uncommon. I found some accounts of the occurrence with explanations ranging from emblem being part of the airbag assembly to it being the result of a loose connection. Naturally, the dang logo lit up correctly at the dealership, even after the techs checked for updates and star notices and found no issues. Since then, the flickering has been a lot less but still occurs every once in a while.
The dealership actually paid for a road related damage regarding the chipped lens?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Durango SRT 6.4L V8 AWD
24 Posts
I went with the peace of mind of the Extended Service Contract. Fortunately, I was one of the last to be able to purchase the Lifetime coverage. Along with it I also bought the Hazard protection which paid for itself thanks to two separate tire issues. So yes, thank you warranty...:cool:
I haven't noticed flickering of the emblem but will keep an eye on it.
For the benefit of a new owner:
When did Dodge terminate the Lifetime coverage? What are the options now? Also can you elaborate on the Hazard protection? TIA!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
For the benefit of a new owner:
When did Dodge terminate the Lifetime coverage? What are the options now? Also can you elaborate on the Hazard protection? TIA!
I believe 2018 was the last year you could purchase but I'm not 100% sure. If you go to chryslerfactoryplans.com you can see the different options. But when you're ready to purchase, search threads here for Clay. He regularly offers the best prices.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My SRT Logo has never been illuminated. I never knew it was supposed to be illuminated till I learned about it on here a while back. I figured I would mention it if I had to bring it in for other warranty work (I do my own routine service work), but I have had no issues for 16 months/13,000 miles........and I am not about to make a special warranty issue out of something like that......

·
Registered
63 Posts
My SRT Logo has never been illuminated. I never knew it was supposed to be illuminated till I learned about it on here a while back. I figured I would mention it if I had to bring it in for other warranty work (I do my own routine service work), but I have had no issues for 16 months/13,000 miles........and I am not about to make a special warranty issue out of something like that......
I'm with you, mine has never been lit on my 2018, I'd like it to work but not going to bring it in just for that. Other then that 14,000 miles, 30 months of ownership, no issues.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Like you, I really wasn't stressing it and don't to this day. I had the techs check it out only because the logo flickered when once it didn't. I did not realize that some have never lit up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah when I turn my truck on all the warning lights shows up in my instrument cluster. Something wrong with transmission.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This might've happened to one of you. It happened to me twice. On one occasion last year, I was filling my gas tank when the pump unexpectedly stopped. I was barely into the amount I wanted to put in. I'm thinking "What the..?" I continued to press the nozzle's trigger. As I did and looked away for just a brief moment, gasoline began to flow out of the fuel filler neck, pool in the crevice around the filler neck and down the adjoining quarter panel and drip some on to the side of the tire.

My eyes must have bugged out like two Titleist golf balls. I immediately returned the pump to its cradle, did an Usain Bolt into the gas bar, grab two litre bottles of water, paid for the water and gas I did put in then return to my truck. No way was I going to wipe off the gasoline so I opened the bottles, one at a time and let the water flow over where the gasoline had run until I was convinced the fuel was gone.

In my mind, I was thinking of the chance of the clear coat being discoloured. I used microfiber cloths that I carry in the back of the truck and some of the water to wipe out any remaining gasoline from the crevice around the filler neck. From there, I made a bee-line to a nearby hand-held spray and wash and gave that panel a thorough hosing down. Thankfully, no discoloration to speak of.

On the second occasion of the nozzle stopping the gas early, I thought it was because I may have had the nozzle inserted too far. I let go of the trigger, drew the nozzle out further, pressed the trigger again and out came some gas flow but not nearly as much as the first time. I was angry at myself for not recognizing the similarities of each incident. Again, I got some water, poured it over the much smaller area where the gas had flowed and hosed it off at the spray and wash.

Since then, I've not depressed the nozzle fully. I also don't insert the nozzle all the way to where the spout largely disappears down the tank's neck even though, as far as I know, I should be able to. Now, I push the nozzle in a little less than half way and squeeze the trigger until I hear the increase of the flow and keep it at that pressure. It takes a bit more time to do the process but I have no problem with that considering the potential of the alternative.

Have any of you had a similar experience regarding the pump stopping unexpectedly with your SRT? I've never had that happen to any vehicle I've owned.

141 - 160 of 170 Posts