Dodge Durango Forum banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess my Dad just said it's the oil pressure drops down to 10 pounds from leaving it idle and the valves start tapping. The State Police are having some problems with them. That's what we were told.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I guess my Dad just said it's the oil pressure drops down to 10 pounds from leaving it idle and the valves start tapping. The State Police are having some problems with them. That's what we were told.

I haven't seen any oil pressure issues on mine, and have never heard any valvetrain noise. Coolant temps do creep up at idle, but they level out at 220-225 or so. As soon as you put a few RPM's on the motor they drop right back down to 203-206. There are a number of threads/posts from guys that put on cooler thermostats......but it sounds to me to be a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Running hot, and overheating, are two different things.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
One annoying issue I keep having is that Honda Accord owners keep picking races with me. I have yet to pass an Accord who doesn't speed up and try to pass me to show me how fast his car is. I never had this problem with my R/T.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I'm just glad I found out ahead of time I'll just be more careful just in case. I had run a cooler thermostat in my old suv, I actually forgot I did that. I actually park my Pathfinder in the shade when I get to camp and like I said i pop my hood. It has to help with the hood up. And that's hilarious CaptMoe that people in accords try to race you. My 5.6 in my Pathfinder is quick but it's only 5 speed tranny . I've taken people that should be faster than me but it's just because they don't realize it's a V8. But the SRT would annihilate my Path.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Long time lurker, finally joined.... Bought my '18 in May 2019 with 7899 miles as CPO. Other than local dealer using the wrong oil/wrong filter the "one" time it went there for an oil change, it's been one of the best vehicles I've owned. (and this is number 77!). Turned 33k miles on Monday, all good.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts