Dodge Durango Forum banner

121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,152 Posts
No issues with my SRT.

Because I don't have one! A little humor!
Sorry to hear about issues for you guys with such an expensive vehicle.

Reactions: DBSRT

·
Registered
257 Posts
No issues with my SRT.
Because I don't have one! A little humor!
Sorry to hear about issues for you guys with such an expensive vehicle.

Well I am sorry to hear you don't have an SRT, because then you would understand what every DDSRT owner already knows: The pure Awesomeness of owning and driving a DDSRT trumps any issues that may pop up. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Only notable issue has been a minor oil leak on my 2018 Durango SRT. Great dealer service quickly fixed that and some other minor trim issues a while ago. Pushing past 20k miles, a few long road trips, and it's been very reliable (and fun!). So yeah, it gets driven "as intended."

Agreed, it's heavy, but hides the weight very well, which translates into a very solid feel in terms of chassis rigidity. And therefore, far less annoying creaks and rattles that other lighter vehicles seem to be plagued with. Which allows you to further enjoy the awesome V8 exhaust.

Great vehicle and quite a bargain for what you get, especially used. You really can't find this combination of performance, driving enjoyment, practically, and value elsewhere.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm right there with you at just over 20k miles ...The SRT team did well to upgrade the important bits after installing the 6.4.....big brakes ect.....My performance pages had been failing to load for a few months but that has not happened recently so maybe a auto update was loaded...

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
If you do a search you will see it is not uncommon with Durango's and Cherokee's.
What I did experience with my 2014 was the entire gas filler opening broke off. Good thing my tank was at half when I noticed. Took a few days to get the part and have the dealer fix the issue under emissions warranty.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
noise!....its coming slowly by 35tkm and 45tkm realy bad noise on the front suspension

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
What kind of noise? I've had a loud thump that i get every so often but not all the time. And only after bumps not after potholes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What kind of noise? I've had a loud thump that i get every so often but not all the time. And only after bumps not after potholes.
bingo!

same here only after bumps, how many km you have?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also second that I have no problems because I don't own an SRT yet. I'm still working on my sales guy on price and now there all closed ?. I heard from one guy who works at a Dodge dealer that you can't let the SRT idle when it's hot out. That engine doesn't like it. It actually can mess up the engine. I have no choice but to let my vehicle idle when I get to camp I have to open my camper and get that cool before I can put my dogs inside. I can't leave them outside sometimes it's just too hot. And same when I leave I have to get vehicle cool before I put them inside and then finish closing up my camper. So does anyone have dogs , I have 2 large dogs , and let there SRT idle without a problem ? I heard some of the police vehicles were having problems like that also , which are constantly at idle. But I didn't think those had the Hemi? Don't know . Any input would help. Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
...I heard from one guy who works at a Dodge dealer that you can't let the SRT idle when it's hot out. That engine doesn't like it. It actually can mess up the engine....
I believe that they told you that, but I call BS on them. Sure, if it overheats then there could be damage as with any vehicle, but just idling in hot weather without overheating? No.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yea I have an old vehicle that has 286,000 miles on it, original engine, and I let that engine idle so much it's rediculous because of my one profession. The one thing I always do is keep my hood up, I learned this from other guys I had trained with in another state. And I have a newer vehicle with 30,000 miles that I always left idling. I have just never had a problem doing that, so when I was told about it not being good for that engine I didn't know if I could buy that SRT. I'm still researching. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I haven't heard that either, and don't know why they told you that. I do know salesman at dealerships are known for their inaccurate information quite a bit depending on where you go.

I have the 6.4L SRT engine in my Charger, and I have let it idle many times, and have never seen the temperature higher than it would be any other time. I also have the 5.7L Hemi in my Durango and that thing sits and idles all the time because I remote start it a lot to warm it up in the winter, and I've seen the same results with that. I also remote start it a lot in the summer to cool it down for the family/dogs and also leave it running to keep them cool while stopped somewhere, especially for the dogs.

And for perspective, our state police here use the same 5.7L Hemi in their Charger pursuit vehicles, those sit and idle practically all day without problems.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
878 Posts
To add onto my last post.

The person you spoke to about that may have been referring to heat soak, and confused that with equalling to not good for an SRT. Yes, these engines will get a little warmer while idle, especially sitting at a light, however the overall temperatures are perfectly fine. So no, there isn't a problem letting it sit and idle, but you may notice a small performance hit until it cools down a little, and realistically you'll only see that at a track. This is why people at the race track open their hoods, which is to cool them down between races and not lose a 10th of a second or so (widely inaccurate guess here LOL!) on their next run.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm glad you posted that. I do the same thing as you. I actually have temperature gauges on my 2 kennels and it tells me what temps are in the back and where I'm sitting. That's why I liked the SRT it had the rear air. I have that also in my one vehicle. You almost have to have rear air if you have dogs. I was originally looking at the 4Runner TRD Pro and Jeep Rubicon but I had dealers run them and I put my guages inside in Florida and with my 2 big dogs I can't get the temperature down to my liking. I no alot of people have those vehicles and have dogs in them but I'm not comfortable without the rear air for them. When I'm on vacation I rent a Yukon and the air conditioning in those is great. I just happened to take the SRT for a test drive and it's pretty addicting. I didn't like the Blue in the Mopar 18 at first but it grew on me. Now I've taken 2 test drives and I'm working on the price. What's the big reasons the 18s didn't sell already? Is it the color ? Thanks for your reply jfire72

·
Registered
48 Posts
I saw one video about it and it said the SRT doesn't have the same cooling as others. I don't know if they mean the Chargers. Would it be a good idea to run a different weight oil if it will be idling alot? I have an 11 Pathfinder 5.6 and my temp gauge has never gone up. I also haul a enclosed trailer to camp loaded and it's in the mountains, I run it hard passing cars and my temp never went up. That's why I was shocked when I was told that idling isn't good for the SRT.

121 - 140 of 170 Posts