Dodge Durango Forum banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 2017 Durango RT (24,000 miles)and 2017 Hellcat (8,000 miles) look about the same...if it stays like this I'm ok with it, BUT if the seats deteriorate continuously I'll be ticked.

I was hoping that once they get normal wear (worn in?) they will stay at this level?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Going in this week to have lifters replaced. We now have closer to 25k miles and have had a slight lifter noise at moderate throttle for a few weeks. I finally took it in and had to drive the tech around to replicate the issue but he was able to identify it. You never hear it at full throttle or a very light throttle. Lifters are supposedly on a national back order but my dealership requested them to be expedited. It took about a week and half to arrive but we are now ready to go in for the repair. Funny thing is the Ram1500 loaner we had for a few days while they diagnosed the Durango had the same exact issues. Hopefully in a few days it’s back up and running and feeling stronger.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Going in this week to have lifters replaced. We now have closer to 25k miles and have had a slight lifter noise at moderate throttle for a few weeks. I finally took it in and had to drive the tech around to replicate the issue but he was able to identify it. You never hear it at full throttle or a very light throttle. Lifters are supposedly on a national back order but my dealership requested them to be expedited. It took about a week and half to arrive but we are now ready to go in for the repair. Funny thing is the Ram1500 loaner we had for a few days while they diagnosed the Durango had the same exact issues. Hopefully in a few days it’s back up and running and feeling stronger.
What does the lifter noise sound like?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
More importantly, are you talking about an SRT or the RT in your profile picture?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mine looks to be about half the wear as yours at 4K miles. Half the miles, half the wear I guess. Might be nit picking and it won’t get much worse, but also maybe by 20k we’re going to be seeing foam.

I’m just going to start getting in and out from the rear passenger door and climb into the driver seat. 😂

Edit: Actually after looking at the pic again. I have a bunch of wrinkles towards the back of the seat that you don’t seem to have.
Yeah....I guess it's just the nature of the FCA leather, and the SUV slide-in slide out due to the height. I think I saw similar wear on my Suburbans, but that those had the cheapcrap
GM standard leather (LT)....I think that on the higher end LTZ models they used better leather.

Compared to the blown motor mentioned above....I am not gonna complain about a few crinkles on a seat bolster....

·
Registered
356 Posts
It’s our SRT with the issues. We traded in the R/T last year. To me it sounds like knocking from bad gas or low octane gas back in the day.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
After several months the new tranny is in and the slipping between 3rd and 4th is gone.
There is a whine coming from the front of the engine that wasn't there before. But it isn't noticeable all the time.
Keeping an eye on that.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Generally speaking, the Pirelli brand tires are well known for premature wear. I opted out on the optional Scorpion tires on my factory order R/T because of that reason. I have 14K miles on the standard OEM Bridgestone Ecopia's and I am very impressed with the minimal wear and handling in all weather and driving conditions.
The Bridgestone's are awesome. If I keep mine I will absolutely get new ones. They are excellent in all conditions. I have just turned 30k on and they still look pretty new

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
The Bridgestone's are awesome. If I keep mine I will absolutely get new ones. They are excellent in all conditions. I have just turned 30k on and they still look pretty new
Do you have an SRT? Which Bridgestones did you go with?

·
Registered
356 Posts
It's a clattering. Volume and tempo vary with RPMs. Multiple lifters clattering usually spells a more serious problem. One or two could just be stuck lifters, perhaps from contamination.
Exactly that. We ended up with 2 lifters bad. Dodge replaced them all under warrant.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've had my 2018 DDSRT for about 5 months, and today the radio crashed/rebooted. Screen went black for about 20 seconds then went through a power up sequence. Anyone else having that issue?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had a different strange and intermittent radio issue. I've got a thread on it under beats stereo issue.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I've had my 2018 DDSRT for about 5 months, and today the radio crashed/rebooted. Screen went black for about 20 seconds then went through a power up sequence. Anyone else having that issue?
My screen does that every so often. It has bugs that are difficult to diagnose. Chalk it up to electronics.

·
Registered
72 Posts
After almost two years I have my first issue. The door to my gas tank is broken/loose. It looks to be a common issue with the Durango. The dealer ordered a new door assembly under warranty but from a YouTube video it looks pretty easy to fix myself so I may attempt to do it myself rather than taking my chances at the dealer.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
After almost two years I have my first issue. The door to my gas tank is broken/loose. It looks to be a common issue with the Durango. The dealer ordered a new door assembly under warranty but from a YouTube video it looks pretty easy to fix myself so I may attempt to do it myself rather than taking my chances at the dealer.
This is my 2nd Durango and I've never experienced this.

101 - 120 of 147 Posts