Dodge Durango Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, I believe it only goes into 4cyl mode in ECO.
The "sticky" acceleration might be the trans holding the gears a bit longer. Does this in Sport and Track but a lot more noticeable in Track mode.
It also engages MDS in default street mode. as a habit i double-tap the SRT button every time i start it to engage my custom mode which i set to the equivalent sport mode settings. solves the MDS issue for me since i find it annoying.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It also engages MDS in default street mode. as a habit i double-tap the SRT button every time i start it to engage my custom mode which i set to the equivalent sport mode settings. solves the MDS issue for me since i find it annoying.
Thanks! Yeah it kinda makes me spill my Starbucks when it happens lol. And tell me more about this double tap. So if I create a custom mode I can set it quick by double tapping the hard button? Is this in the book. I swear I read that thing like a Harry Potter novel!
I really only notice it in Street.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ok I tried out the double tap w/custom set-up. I see what you meant now, thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
not sure if its in the manual or not. i found it on the internet somewhere (hellcat or LX forums) and its worked on my old scat pack and both my current hellcat and durango. very convenient.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Seattle area is some of the worst traffic in the US. I have done LA and Bay Area commutes and Seattle is far more painful. It is seriously insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah I know. I thought you were back east for some reason. I have some family in the Seattle area and am amazed at the traffic when we visit. We are getting ready to relocate to AZ soon where maybe we can get this baby over 45 MPH lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found a dent in the hood right where you would put your hand on to close it if it didn't close tight the first time. It's pretty soft metal so don't do what I did - or the dealer did, idk. I had it fixed and it looks perfect.
Also, the paint looks like it was rolled on with a roller and a pan. (Black)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure if it's a bug, but the digital gauges in my 2019 lag when cycling pages. Also when turning on Adaptive Cruise Control, the display flickers, and sometimes lags when displaying that ACC is engaged and the speed I set it to.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
For about 3 months now I have had my trans slip during the 3rd to 4th shift first thing in the morning. That only occurred if I drove it without backing up to start the day. If I had to engage R, it would slam into reverse and the 3rd to 4th shift was smooth.
Finally got it in to a dealer (called 3 and all of them gave me appts 3 weeks down the road) and, after 10 days, was told the front seal had leaked. This was replaced.
Well, 1 week later and the issue is back. Never really went away but it has gotten more noticeable since the repair. I will be dropping it off this Wednesday for a 2nd try.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
For about 3 months now I have had my trans slip during the 3rd to 4th shift first thing in the morning. That only occurred if I drove it without backing up to start the day. If I had to engage R, it would slam into reverse and the 3rd to 4th shift was smooth.
Finally got it in to a dealer (called 3 and all of them gave me appts 3 weeks down the road) and, after 10 days, was told the front seal had leaked. This was replaced.
Well, 1 week later and the issue is back. Never really went away but it has gotten more noticeable since the repair. I will be dropping it off this Wednesday for a 2nd try.
So, the latest diagnosis is the valve body needs to be replaced. I was told it is on National Back order. I'll have to keep plugging around in this Chrysler Town & Country for a bit longer.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My only issues after 8 months and a little over 8K miles are issues that existed upon delivery (I don't recall if I posted them earlier or not). 1) the tailgate did not latch properly when auto-closing; I refused delivery, they fixed it, it happpened again, they fixed it again; better this time, but occasionally if on a steep hill or if jacked up it won't automatically latch properly all the time. I am over it. A simple push will latch it.

The "SRT" emblem on the steering wheel doesn't light up. Never did. I only learned on this forum that it should. I am not going to bring it in to dealer for that, but may mention it if I have to bring it in for other things. And, finally, similar to CaptMoe's issue above (but different). Upon initial startup, when going from reverse to drive, it sometimes takes several seconds for the torque converter/tansmission to engage. If I am too eager with the gas pedal, it will rev and then BANG into engagement. I have learned not to be too eager. It usually only will do it the first time going into Drive.....

And yes, the paint does look like it was applied with a roller......overall, though, very happy with the vehicle.....

·
Registered
444 Posts
same with me...my 18 will sometimes lurch at first drive more than the amount of throttle I put in and it feels like the trans...I laughed at the paint roller.....My roof paint has so many little particles under the paint....as if the booth was in the desert during high winds....I think most of us had 70k price point expectations for fit and finish...but that all goes away when you tap the srt button twice say beatlejuice and hit those paddles...:cool:

·
Registered
444 Posts
797 HP Redeye motor. Go big or stay at home.

Lost the forward looking camera module at about 5k miles. Caused the loss of most of the driver aids.
my all seeing eye was crooked in the cutout...had the front fascia replaced to recenter..as well as address missing inner clips to hold it in place...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
In all seriousness you guys should get the trans issue checked out. Mine started with well over 30k on it. If you guys are starting to get the issue with low miles it will only get worse. Better to have it done with plenty to go on the warranty.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
So, after having the vehicle at the dealer for 3 weeks and a new valve body installed in the trans, the issue remains. Will be calling them to let them know. Advisor told me next step, according to FCA procedure, would be to replace the trans.

·
Registered
222 Posts
3 weeks??? What are your state's Lemon Law requirements? In VA I think its 30 days in the shop (total) in the first 18 months...

61 - 80 of 83 Posts