Dodge Durango Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
My SRT gets here next Friday. I’ve had good luck with my grand Cherokee. So hopefully I have the same luck with my dodge.

Does the dealership do all the necessary updates to the uconnect software or is hat a end user responsibility?

Also I live in the Southwest and I haven’t come across any incentives to lower the msrp price. They all seem to be for every Durango but the SRT. Certainly not 10k off msrp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since they are new for 2018, DDSRTs are hot sellers right now. Some dealers are trying to get above the MSRP. I know some are claiming to offer $10,000 off but I'd be skeptical of a deal like that. On mine, the best my dealer would do is invoice price and I know the dealer quite well. I was able to get a really good trade-in price on my 2014 Chevrolet SS sedan. I also was able to get the dealer to throw in some Mopar accessory items.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Since they are new for 2018, DDSRTs are hot sellers right now. Some dealers are trying to get above the MSRP. I know some are claiming to offer $10,000 off but I'd be skeptical of a deal like that. On mine, the best my dealer would do is invoice price and I know the dealer quite well. I was able to get a really good trade-in price on my 2014 Chevrolet SS sedan. I also was able to get the dealer to throw in some Mopar accessory items.
That’s what I was thinking. This would be the third vehicle I have purchased from them in the last 3 years. If they even think about trying to increase the price over msrp/ordered price I’ll get my deposit back and keep our jeep summit.

I figured I’d try for the springs and exhaust at a discounted rate and installed for free.

·
Registered
225 Posts
That’s what I was thinking. This would be the third vehicle I have purchased from them in the last 3 years. If they even think about trying to increase the price over msrp/ordered price I’ll get my deposit back and keep our jeep summit.

I figured I’d try for the springs and exhaust at a discounted rate and installed for free.

My dealer did invoice and got into their hold back some. I have heard claims from a guy on Facebook that he bought his in October. It sat on lot for less than 8 hours and it’s “fully loaded” Laguna, tech, dvd etc and he got his for less than $65,000 out the door including TTL. I don’t believe it for a second. That’s like $12,000-15000 off a new release with no rebates. He also claims he’s seeing 3.8 0-60 times, but is bone stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dealer did invoice and got into their hold back some. I have heard claims from a guy on Facebook that he bought his in October. It sat on lot for less than 8 hours and it’s “fully loaded” Laguna, tech, dvd etc and he got his for less than $65,000 out the door including TTL. I don’t believe it for a second. That’s like $12,000-15000 off a new release with no rebates. He also claims he’s seeing 3.8 0-60 times, but is bone stock.
That does seem a bit over a the top. He must be below sea level lol.

Right now I’m at invoice and negotiating my trade in. This dealer also listing the multi spoke option at $995 instead of what the dodge website says. I told the sales guy he need to work on that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That does seem a bit over a the top. He must be below sea level lol.

Right now I’m at invoice and negotiating my trade in. This dealer also listing the multi spoke option at $995 instead of what the dodge website says. I told the sales guy he need to work on that.

They did change the price of the options about a month ago... so there is going to be some cars with different prices on the Windows Sticker vs website

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I was hoping to keep this thread limited to maintenance/warranty ISSUES with our trucks but, I guess that's not happening.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was hoping to keep this thread limited to maintenance/warranty ISSUES with our trucks but, I guess that's not happening.
Ha. Okay. No issues with mine @ 1200 miles other than the fact that the 6.4 monster is very very thirsty. MPGs suck... I am getting 10 ☹... but knew that going in so not all the surprised.

·
Registered
57 Posts
3000 miles no issues. Same left rear door rattle on close that our wk2. Doesnt rattle when on the move.
My wife is getting approx 11-12mpg in mixed driving. Compare this to 13 she was getting in our wk2 Hemi

I saw 17 on a round lightly loaded round trip from Bay Area to Tahoe and back. That’s where I’m seeing the biggest diffference. The Jeep would average 20 on that trip, fully loaded.

We have no regrets and like almost everything better.
Pros:
6.4 liters of Merica, braking, suspension. Much appreciated room over the wk2 in a similar sized package and in my opinion, a better center console design
Cons:
Suspension is pretty firm in softest setting. Flapped exhaust system. I’d like to remove the brake cooling ducts under the bumper to improve clearance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe its the fact he's paying for 2 SRT's vehicles and Youtube is not covering the payments as expected?
I'm sure the exhaust was free in exchange for using his D to build it and promote it on Youtube.
Hopefully no one is dumb enough to pay anything over $1,500 for an aftermarket exhaust let alone anything near $8,500.

But I bet you'll be able to get $10K off a new one here pretty soon and a trade in or buyout at say Carmax is probably closer to $15K off sticker or more.
This dude contacted me on my Instagram a few weeks back asking me if i was interested in purchasing the GT Haus exhaust. I told him i was local and down to purchase but he never got back in regards to setting up a date for pick up and payment. Oh well. He was looking for someone that still had a stock exhaust because he left his back in Chicago at GT Haus. I told him that i had deleted my mid muffler. He's full of it if hes claiming this exhaust is $8500! What a joke. This exhaust will probably go for around $4500 new which i think is way too much money, and he probably got this prototype for free. He wanted to sell it to me for $2500 and I agreed, however, I was absolutely going to haggle him down on that price. No way i was going to pay $2500 for a prototype exhaust that is used. Hes got ok videos but it seems to me that they are all click bait vids.
Anyway, back on topic, I did have a problem with my Durango where the Traction control was turned off along with the ABS system. I contacted my dealer the following day to let them know about the problem and of course the car wasn't replicating the systems i was experiencing the night before. They said to keep them informed if it came back. I also had a problem with my UConnect radio where it kept turning off and on. It seemed to be a problem with an update that was pushed to the Uconnect that was resolved by UConnect after about a week and half with another update that got pushed to the car. I am also missing the Transmission control on the SRT modes and i noticed I'm missing my ECU cover. I also noticed that the "T" in the SRT on the lift gate was crooked. I ended up fixing that myself.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I am also missing the Transmission control on the SRT modes and i noticed I'm missing my ECU cover.
A few of us had this same issue. You need to have your BCM updated at the dealership. Best bet is to contact SRT Customer support first, let them open a case and get in touch with the dealer before you go in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Since they are new for 2018, DDSRTs are hot sellers right now.
Not sure I agree with this statement. I got the first allocation (special order) from my local dealer (top dealer in the state) in October, and they got the second one in January. It's still on the showroom floor two months later.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ha. Okay. No issues with mine @ 1200 miles other than the fact that the 6.4 monster is very very thirsty. MPGs suck... I am getting 10 ☹... but knew that going in so not all the surprised.

Wow! You must be enjoying it quite a bit to be in the 10 range. I get on mine a few times here and there and I'm in the 14 range.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I bought the DDSRT for its performance. I do not worry about miles per gallon. My wife, on the other hand, is on the verge of a nervous breakdown!:p

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow! You must be enjoying it quite a bit to be in the 10 range. I get on mine a few times here and there and I'm in the 14 range.
Yep, driving it the way it is supposed to be driven! But I will add that I have a 30mjn 5 mile commute that doesn’t help the average much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Depending on temps, DA, etc a 3.8 zero to sixty is definitely possible.

Guys are running that in the Jeeps and I've seen quite a few 4 second runs all over in the Durangos.

There are also rebates and programs out there that people have taken advantage of on the Durango SRT.

Also people have used employee control numbers on them as well.

Not to mention dealer's were doing 15 percent below invoice when ordering them new which was advertised on several forums.

A buddy of mine got his just shy of 66k out the door with the options you mentioned, so again it's possible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I find it highly unlikely that they'd give him a free titanium exhaust system.

I also find it funny that GT Haus didn't ship him his stock exhaust back to him.

In his video he said they were going to so I'm guessing there might be some friction there over all of this.

In the sponsorship contract with GT Haus you're not allowed to sell the exhaust for personal gain.

So they either didn't make him sign one, they don't care, or he doesn't care.

If you're looking for Durango SRT stuff if suggest Joe Clarke's channel on YouTube.

Maybe its the fact he's paying for 2 SRT's vehicles and Youtube is not covering the payments as expected?
I'm sure the exhaust was free in exchange for using his D to build it and promote it on Youtube.
Hopefully no one is dumb enough to pay anything over $1,500 for an aftermarket exhaust let alone anything near $8,500.
This dude contacted me on my Instagram a few weeks back asking me if i was interested in purchasing the GT Haus exhaust. I told him i was local and down to purchase but he never got back in regards to setting up a date for pick up and payment. Oh well. He was looking for someone that still had a stock exhaust because he left his back in Chicago at GT Haus. I told him that i had deleted my mid muffler. He's full of it if hes claiming this exhaust is $8500! What a joke. This exhaust will probably go for around $4500 new which i think is way too much money, and he probably got this prototype for free. He wanted to sell it to me for $2500 and I agreed, however, I was absolutely going to haggle him down on that price. No way i was going to pay $2500 for a prototype exhaust that is used. Hes got ok videos but it seems to me that they are all click bait vids.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have been feeling a vibration when slowing without braking. Right around 45 MPH and down to about 30 ish. It seems to only be in default street mode when it does it. It also "sticks" a bit at acceleration from a quick stop at like a stop sign. When I use Sport mode or even Eco I haven't noticed it. Any thoughts?

I will bring it up when I take it in soon for 1st oil change but wondering if anyone has noticed something similar?

Other than that I have a couple little plastic piece issues inside that look like easy fixes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have been feeling a vibration when slowing without braking. Right around 45 MPH and down to about 30 ish. It seems to only be in default street mode when it does it. It also "sticks" a bit at acceleration from a quick stop at like a stop sign. When I use Sport mode or even Eco I haven't noticed it. Any thoughts?

I will bring it up when I take it in soon for 1st oil change but wondering if anyone has noticed something similar?

Other than that I have a couple little plastic piece issues inside that look like easy fixes.
The vibration might be due to the MDS (Multi-Displacement System) where the engine basically runs on four cylinders when demand is low.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts