21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
There is a workaround that was posted by UConnect on Twitter. Supposedly a fix is coming out this week.

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wonder why he is getting rid of it ? I have seen his videos on YouTube. He has only had it since the fall. Do you think the exhaust was $8500 ?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Maybe its the fact he's paying for 2 SRT's vehicles and Youtube is not covering the payments as expected?
I'm sure the exhaust was free in exchange for using his D to build it and promote it on Youtube.
Hopefully no one is dumb enough to pay anything over $1,500 for an aftermarket exhaust let alone anything near $8,500.

But I bet you'll be able to get $10K off a new one here pretty soon and a trade in or buyout at say Carmax is probably closer to $15K off sticker or more.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Maybe its the fact he's paying for 2 SRT's vehicles and Youtube is not covering the payments as expected?
I'm sure the exhaust was free in exchange for using his D to build it and promote it on Youtube.
Hopefully no one is dumb enough to pay anything over $1,500 for an aftermarket exhaust let alone anything near $8,500.

But I bet you'll be able to get $10K off a new one here pretty soon and a trade in or buyout at say Carmax is probably closer to $15K off sticker or more.
You can pretty much get $10k off a new one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Where you all find these great delas with 10-15k off MSRP?
I am shopping for RT in Northern NJ and the best I can get is 2k off.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So, not an issue yet but, I have read numerous reviews on the Scorpion tires claiming they don't last past 25,000 miles. I know it is still pretty early but, I've got 9000 on mine already. Anyone else hear about the low tread life? And, if so, what tires would you guys recommend as a replacement?

·
Registered
318 Posts
So, not an issue yet but, I have read numerous reviews on the Scorpion tires claiming they don't last past 25,000 miles. I know it is still pretty early but, I've got 9000 on mine already. Anyone else hear about the low tread life? And, if so, what tires would you guys recommend as a replacement?
It would be great to get 25,000 miles! Reviews seem to say about 15,000-20,000 miles. On my Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT with the same Scorpion tires, I barely reached 15,000. However, on occasion, I do pull a small utility trailer which probably doesn't help. I suspect my wife does street racing!!!:eek:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Will do, but I thought by comparison the RT can get $6-7000 off MSRP if there is $10k off the SRT.
Discounts are very regional. Supply and demand. I would also like to see the quotes for a SRT with $10,000-12,000 off. I have to believe those deals are few and far between.

That being said, you are more likely to get a bigger discount off a RT than you are a SRT.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Generally speaking, the Pirelli brand tires are well known for premature wear. I opted out on the optional Scorpion tires on my factory order R/T because of that reason. I have 14K miles on the standard OEM Bridgestone Ecopia's and I am very impressed with the minimal wear and handling in all weather and driving conditions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Generally speaking, the Pirelli brand tires are well known for premature wear. I opted out on the optional Scorpion tires on my factory order R/T because of that reason. I have 14K miles on the standard OEM Bridgestone Ecopia's and I am very impressed with the minimal wear and handling in all weather and driving conditions.
Bridgestones aren't the OEM option on SRTs. Just the scorpions (all season option) or the PZero (3 season option).

The scorpion All season tires have a 600 treadwear rating. Under regular driving, they should be getting around 50-60k miles. The P Zero are only 220AA and should last only the 15-20k miles.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
It would be great to get 25,000 miles! Reviews seem to say about 15,000-20,000 miles. On my Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT with the same Scorpion tires, I barely reached 15,000. However, on occasion, I do pull a small utility trailer which probably doesn't help. I suspect my wife does street racing!!!:eek:
What did you end up getting as a replacement tire?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bridgestones aren't the OEM option on SRTs. Just the scorpions (all season option) or the PZero (3 season option).

The scorpion All season tires have a 600 treadwear rating. Under regular driving, they should be getting around 50-60k miles. The P Zero are only 220AA and should last only the 15-20k miles.
looking at the reviews on tirerack, the biggest knock against them is the treadwear. average seems to be about 20k with some reports as low as 15k and as high as 30k. i looked at tires on tirerack after i got mine just to see replacement cost and wow, $428 per tire! there also arent a lot of options to choose from in this size either. fortunately, i dont put a lot of miles on my cars (work from home benefit). i should hit the 15k mark in about 3 years so i got some time to save up :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5 Posts
My SRT gets here next Friday. I’ve had good luck with my grand Cherokee. So hopefully I have the same luck with my dodge.

Does the dealership do all the necessary updates to the uconnect software or is hat a end user responsibility?

Also I live in the Southwest and I haven’t come across any incentives to lower the msrp price. They all seem to be for every Durango but the SRT. Certainly not 10k off msrp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 83 Posts