Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the "dents" along the roofline which SRT group determined were not repairable. I asked for a new truck but got an Appearance Service Contract for 5yrs instead. I had already purchased one so ended up with a $550 refund.

At the dealer now with one horn not sounding and an unknown oil leak. They are saying the oil pressure switch was loose and leaking. They have tightened it and cleaned up the bottom end and are running it to make sure that was it.

And the issues with missing Transmission settings which should be taken care of with the BCM flash. I reminded the advisor twice since none of her updates included it.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just hit 7000 miles...:shock:
Going back Wednesday for a 2nd attempt at restoring the Trans settings.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just hit 7000 miles...:shock:
Going back Wednesday for a 2nd attempt at restoring the Trans settings.
Glad to see I'm not first in this department. Just broke 5,600 miles and thought I was driving it too much.

As for issues? None so far. Running like a champ.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, 2nd attempt to update the BCM failed to restore the Trans settings. SRT opened a case and one of their senior techs is working together with the dealership to determine why the update isn't working.
I asked the SRT rep if I was the only one experiencing this and, of course, he said I was...SMH

·
Registered
80 Posts
FCA is buying my SRT back. Too many issues with my SRT to list here. Some of those issues were posted in earlier posts/separate posts. I just ordered a new black with red interior. Hopefully when this one arrives it will be perfect. FCA called the issues as non-conformity issues.

·
Registered
136 Posts
FCA is buying my SRT back. Too many issues with my SRT to list here. Some of those issues were posted in earlier posts/separate posts. I just ordered a new black with red interior. Hopefully when this one arrives it will be perfect. FCA called the issues as non-conformity issues.
That sucks but good to hear they are making it right in the the end. Are you ordering a new one exactly like the one you have or did you change it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, 2nd attempt to update the BCM failed to restore the Trans settings. SRT opened a case and one of their senior techs is working together with the dealership to determine why the update isn't working.
I asked the SRT rep if I was the only one experiencing this and, of course, he said I was...SMH
Transmission settings have been restored. The BCM had to be reprogrammed and they appeared shortly after.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm subbed to a channel on YouTube (Driveway Demons) who just bought a SRT and I swear he has a problem with his every few weeks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm subbed to a channel on YouTube (Driveway Demons) who just bought a SRT and I swear he has a problem with his every few weeks.
That doesn’t seem to be the best source for Durango reliability... seems they and beefing the hell out of that thing and modding it to make it as much of a show off and ‘look at me on the web’ car as possible. Clearly he is looking for things to YouTube about to get followers so he is going to comment on every little thing. Just my perspective... not really into all these guys with a camera and a YouTube channel that think everyone should sub and watch to they can make money showing off.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That doesn’t seem to be the best source for Durango reliability... seems they and beefing the hell out of that thing and modding it to make it as much of a show off and ‘look at me on the web’ car as possible. Clearly he is looking for things to YouTube about to get followers so he is going to comment on every little thing. Just my perspective... not really into all these guys with a camera and a YouTube channel that think everyone should sub and watch to they can make money showing off.

Greg, don't waste your time replying to this guy. He's the same one who can't stop finding reasons to NOT buy a Durango but keeps asking questions.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Latest issue: My UConnect system is stuck in a loop. It stays on for about 15 seconds (radio/climate control/nav, etc) and then shuts down and reboots. I know it is a reboot because I lose my radio station settings every time it does it. I don't know if it is related, and I hope it isn't but, this all started yesterday after it started raining here. And it rained all day so every time I got in, it was doing it. I just decided to shut off the system but it is still rebooting. With it "Off" it flashes SRT across the screen every so often and the digital temp readouts will display for about 3 seconds.
Will be calling the dealer on Monday.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Latest issue: My UConnect system is stuck in a loop. It stays on for about 15 seconds (radio/climate control/nav, etc) and then shuts down and reboots. I know it is a reboot because I lose my radio station settings every time it does it. I don't know if it is related, and I hope it isn't but, this all started yesterday after it started raining here. And it rained all day so every time I got in, it was doing it. I just decided to shut off the system but it is still rebooting. With it "Off" it flashes SRT across the screen every so often and the digital temp readouts will display for about 3 seconds.
Will be calling the dealer on Monday.
Not that this thread is going to help much but:

http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62177

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 83 Posts