Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks.

After years of dreaming and saving, I finnaly was able to purchase one of my dream cars. 2007 gun metal grey Chrysler Aspen Limited with the 5.7 in her. Love it!!! But sad to see no one is in this forum anymore as the last post is a year ago.

Come Back Aspen Owners!!!!! Lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
Traded '07 Aspen for my D. Loved that truck but it was time to go.

·
Premium Member
2,258 Posts
BG:
Congrats on getting the vehicle you wanted.
I recall fondly watching them build Durangos and Aspens back in October of 2007 when our group toured the Newark, Delaware plant.
At the time, suvs were not selling well, and they had a boat load of them parked outback while still cranking out about 400 a day.
I was a Gen 1 (2001) owner at the time, and would have loved to have driven an 08 home!

About the Aspens........ I think they all went to Colorado..... :0)

Don

·
Registered
301 Posts
We traded an '09 Aspen (last year, and lifetime powertrain warranty from factory) for '11 Grand Cherokee....and now '14 Durango. We loved the Aspen. We bought ours new in '10, and got $12K off sticker. It was a 2wd Hemi. We only traded because of the "2wd". It was the wife's daily driver, and it had scary torque in inclement weather. We had 0 issues with ours. Sure can't say the same for the Jeep. Here's a pic for memories:

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
The Aspens were some of the nicest rides to leave Newark DE.
Nobody grasped the concept. I fear the same will be the future Wagoneer we all hear of. I think building a LUXO 70K + 3 row SUV will just not sell.
STEVE

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yep, I have a 2008 Aspen, I love it
By any chance do you have any problems with the interior climate control lighting? Mine was giving me problems before I traded it in. Someone else on here had this issue and figured out a way to fix it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Almost purchased a 2008 Aspen Limited with the hemi. Had 25k on the clock and was loaded, problem was that the previous owner did not clean it for anything. It was filthy, full of crumbs, dirt, stained mats and all 4 chrome wheels were badly pitted. I walked away and found a clean 2012 Durango R/T with 15k miles on it. Love the look of the Aspen but finding clean ones with low miles are hard to come by.

·
Administrator
28,310 Posts
They are pretty Great rides.
With a Hemi and even Hybrid available in 2009
The 2009 HEMI/HYBRID had beastly power out of the hole
STEVE

·
Registered
6 Posts
It was a great SUV, came out at the wrong time, smack dab in the middle of Diamley/Chrysler's troubles. We almost bought a used one before I found a 4wd Limmited 14 for my wife.

·
Registered
504 Posts
we almost bought one in 2009 but my wife opted for a Commander limited because she couldn't deal with the lines in the hood. looked too much like a minivan from the front for her.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Very nice Aspen.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
29 Participants
Rawyzf
Dodge Durango Forum
Welcome to the best Dodge Durango Forum around, where you can find a great Dodge Durango Wiki and discuss the reliability of the different trim levels including the GT and SRT!
Full Forum Listing