Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already had the new alternator and new battery repaired by Dealer a few years back, before the recall came out. Ran great!! No further issue....with alternator/battery...

Now the Battery light is on.

Question; were "new" alternators available then? Anyone have battery light on issue with any of the variable?

No loss power, no flickering, did not die, i was able to drive back home (not like last time)

I'll be trouble shooting today. Any tips are good.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I would take that puppy right back to the dealer, but as of Sept.2017 (that I personally know about), there is still no "fix".
But hopefully, the dealer can stick a new alternator in it, as there is an open recall on the regulator diode in the alternator failing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you for the info. Its certainly on top of list. Looking for invoice. Have one from March of '16. Seemed longer ago. Recall was July 14, 2017. Going to get it checked first, so they cant tell me a story. and Call Chrysler Direct. THX!

Update: there were 2 recalls. Oct 8, 2014 & July 10, 2017. I paid for alternator ($970ish) Pre 2014 recall, BUT was reimbursed. Then was in for service of some sort and Alternator was replaced again by dealer automatic. I was stuck just couldn't wrap my head around this... THX again. Hope this eventually helps others.... I'll post the conclusion.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Update: Dealer in South Florida... No Can Do.... Out of warranty (by 4 months...lolol) There was no additional recall in 2017. It was ALMOST a recall....

Chrysler Direct... Its up to dealer, but must pay $150 diagnosis fee...

I am going to replace myself... By a japanese 180 amp...Next weekend Alt is putting out 13.3V still is on way out/SIZE]

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Update: Dealer in South Florida... No Can Do.... Out of warranty (by 4 months...lolol) There was no additional recall in 2017. It was ALMOST a recall....

Chrysler Direct... Its up to dealer, but must pay $150 diagnosis fee...

I am going to replace myself... By a japanese 180 amp...Next weekend Alt is putting out 13.3V still is on way out/SIZE]
Should still be covered under the first recall though? When my brake booster failed they replaced it under the brake booster recall, even though I was out of warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
986 Posts
Agreed. Recalls should not be affected by the warranty. It could be 8 years old or 40,000 miles over the warranty, and you can still have the recall done for free.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Don Fox
1 - 6 of 6 Posts