Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Except for the crazy 506W alpine system, I just love my Durango 2014 Limited. I have already had dealer replace the center channel speaker and since than I am able to hear people while on Handsfree(WHEN THE VOLUME IS SET 26).
I am just to tired with the Bass from the Sub. If you set the Eq as normal level...the Bass from a Rock song hits hard and shakes entire Durango. If I keep the Bass 4 notch down, I feel like I am listening to dead music.

>> I have complained about this to Dodge and they are ready to setup an appointment at the dealership for a Review and 'exhaust all resource to resolve an problems I have' (which I can only wish for)

Folks - I am not a Sound geek, so it will be great if you can help me out in how to put my best case forward to complain about Alpine system?
>> If review finds it in poor quality, there is a high likelihood of Sub replacement to the 2015's new Beats Sub.

·
Registered
890 Posts
For those who question why I'm waiting to order my '15 until the Beats audio is shipping, here you go. Will it be better than the Alpine system? Who knows. One would hope so.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Commenters in another forum recommended turning the Mid level all the way down to zero to improve the overall sound of the Alpine system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Commenters in another forum recommended turning the Mid level all the way down to zero to improve the overall sound of the Alpine system.
I have tried it with 10 different settings. I does improve a bit, but is not eliminating the buggy system issues completely. I know how this dealership/manufacturer thing may end up (throwing ball in each other's court). What would the recommended replacement
>> Should I replace the Amp ?
or
>> Should I replace the sub?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have tried it with 10 different settings. I does improve a bit, but is not eliminating the buggy system issues completely. I know how this dealership/manufacturer thing may end up (throwing ball in each other's court). What would the recommended replacement
>> Should I replace the Amp ?
or
>> Should I replace the sub?
You should add a DSP (e.g. JBL MS-8).

·
Registered
164 Posts
I must be lucky with factory audio systems! My Ram has a 7 speaker system and sounds pretty good! The DD has the Alpine system and sounds even better! I have no complaints.

I do hope you get your system sounding the way you like...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think it sounds pretty good too.
There are differences between sxm stations as well as sources, but as I understand it, that is the nature of the beast. Depending on various factors from recording mix to bitrate, as well as style, different music will have different bass characteristics.
It might be easier to live with if there was a manual bass knob instead of digging through the screen.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the same problem. On the middle setting for bass, midrange, and treble...the bass of normal music like hip hop and pop makes the whole car shake, hurts my ears, and bothers my 3rd row passengers when they're there. I also find that the base level is inconsistent across input levels...I feel like the SXM is the fault of the poorer audio quality, however. I found this to be the best setting where it's a happy medium. Try it see if it works for any of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like to have my settings at 0, +1, +2. Volume usually between 5 and 12. Speed adjust on low. That's my happy medium, although I am not an audiophile.

Dance and hip-hop are really bass heavy on these settings, metal and rock not so heavy. I may adjust the bass a click or two in either direction if it is really annoying. The bass between sources is consistent with every system I have owned, although I have used different EQ profiles on each system.

·
Registered
602 Posts
If the uConnect folks would for the love of freaking god just add an EQ setting for the only the sub gain control!!!!!!!! I'm starting to hate my radio because of this sub Bull S(*&%#

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
No offense but this is what some of these comments translate to:
"You damn kids turn down that rock n roll music". Lol:p:p:p

Honestly though the durango has one of the better systems I have heard come with a car, even more so than Mercedes and bmw.

·
Registered
598 Posts
The sound system in my D is awesome. I have the aftermarket dual DVD hooked up to the aux jack. The kids say it sounds like they're in a movie theater

·
Registered
890 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
I actually am an audiophile. Yes, I rip my music to flac and not MP3 for fear of losing the bits of sound quality. Yes, I still buy CDs (and Vinyl... mmmm, Vinyl) so that I'm not limited to a reduced version of a MP3. I listen to everything from EDM, Hip-Hop, Metal, Grunge, Industrial, Big Band, Swing, Classical.... list goes on but rarely Country, hehe. I drive my kids insane because one minute I'll have the latest Skrillex EP in, then it moves to Miles Davis - Porgy & Bess, then on to Led Zepplin....

I can say the sound stage in the upgraded system is damn good and you can hear the nuances of most music (for an automotive system). BUT.... the glitchy-ness of the EQ parts of the system are driving me batty.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts