Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this isn't a Dodge question, but anyway... I've been thinking about keyless entry for my van. It's a 1996 Econoline and I didn't get any fobs with the thing when I bought it, so I wasn't sure if I had it. I looked around and figured out how to tell. It does not have factory keyless entry. So anyway...

I got the trim plate off and found a real rat's nest of wires squished up in there, a seemingly unprofessional install. Among the mess was a black box with, well, here's a picture. All it says on it is Whistler. I can't find a part number. It appears to be an alarm, possibly a remote start, and a keyless entry. Anyone know Whistler alarms? How do I find the model number so I can get a manual and a replacement fob?

·
Super Moderator
12,824 Posts
just to give you some calibration as to vintage (from the FCC ID):

The Whistler Group
168 Ayer Rd
Littleton, MA 01460
United States Date of Grant: 10/20/1994

Application Dated: 08/31/1994

Attention: Michael Batten , Senior Project Engineer

NOT TRANSFERABLE
EQUIPMENT AUTHORIZATION is hereby issued to the named GRANTEE, and is VALID ONLY for the equipment identified hereon for use under the Commission's Rules and Regulations listed below.

FCC IDENTIFIER: HSXBANRX

Name of Grantee: The Whistler Group

Equipment Class: Superregenerative Receiver
Notes: Automotive Security System Receiver
Modular Type: Does not apply
I don't think the company is still in Littleton, they may not exist at all.. You might be able to nose around on google/ebay and find a pic of the unit and get the model number that way..

...tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts