Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i am new to the forum and a new (03/10/2014) proud owner of a Dodge Durango '14 SXT plus..love the truck its awesome. it came with the 5.0 connect radio. i am looking to remove it and replace it with a Piooner Avic-6000NEX navigation radio. has anyone replaced there OEM stereo for an aftermarket one? is there a harness that can help you keep all the functions? thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I used this for my '05. Made upgrading a cake walk for me. This looks to be the equivalent for your year, but that unit only deals with the steering wheel controls. If you currently have a mic for blutooth I don't know if any premade harnesses pass that signal into a replacement headunit. The one I used, for example, explicitly stated that I would lose that function if I had it (I didn't). You could try browsing crutchfield and see what they suggest.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used this for my '05. Made upgrading a cake walk for me. This looks to be the equivalent for your year, but that unit only deals with the steering wheel controls. If you currently have a mic for blutooth I don't know if any premade harnesses pass that signal into a replacement headunit. The one I used, for example, explicitly stated that I would lose that function if I had it (I didn't). You could try browsing crutchfield and see what they suggest.

thank beast..iI am looking into it now. my major concern is that on the 14 DD..climate control is thrue the radio..wouldnt want to loose that..lol

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Yes you'd lose uConnect. And you'd also have to rig up the rest of your harness (Speakers/Power/etc) If HVAC is controlled through the factory head unit then things could get very tricky.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes you'd lose uConnect. And you'd also have to rig up the rest of your harness (Speakers/Power/etc) If HVAC is controlled through the factory head unit then things could get very tricky.
hopefully a good harness comes along if not trickery will be my middle name..lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been looking to upgrade my stereo too to the 8.4 stereo/nav but my man Foe hasn't been replying. Hopefully he gets on here soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts