Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Durango Citadel 5.7
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

This was by far the easiest CAI I’ve ever installed! The Rango breathes so much easier its almost scary, makes me feel bad I had been choking it for this long. I saw a instant increase in mpg and it also smoothed out the whole driving experience. My only concern prior to install was a lack or sound as it is a sealed air box, that worry faded quickly as the new induction sound filled the cabin and my ears to my delight.

Bottom line if you’re debating get one, just do it!

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi
98 Posts
View attachment 114943 View attachment 114944

This was by far the easiest CAI I’ve ever installed! The Rango breathes so much easier its almost scary, makes me feel bad I had been choking it for this long. I saw a instant increase in mpg and it also smoothed out the whole driving experience. My only concern prior to install was a lack or sound as it is a sealed air box, that worry faded quickly as the new induction sound filled the cabin and my ears to my delight.

Bottom line if you’re debating get one, just do it!
I'm on the fence on buying this one or the open box version. Do you notice a gain in power?

·
Registered
2018 Durango Citadel 5.7
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm on the fence on buying this one or the open box version. Do you notice a gain in power?
I can’t quite say there was a gain in power as much as I’d like too, but I do notice how much smoother and more easily the engine seems to breathe and work. Also the mpg has gone up by 1 and is still climbing in town.

My reason for the sealed box is I wanted something a little quieter for my wife (it’s her car), and with all the dust we get in northern NV a open box just didn’t make sense.

I think you’ll be happy with either one. The quality of the AFE product is top notch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts