Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Durango R/T
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added on a factory roof rack? My durango came without one and I need one. I bought an aftermarket one that attaches to the door frame but that keeps everything to far forward. Kayaks, roof box and bikes. I want it to sit over the roof and not over my sunroof/windshield like they are supposed to.

Is there a part number I can ask dodge for?

Has anyone ordered said part and installed themselves? I'm not handy and would most likely take it somewhere to be installed but curious how the process would go.

I have a 2017 R/T, @delores_rt on instagram if you want to follow.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I looked in getting an aftermarket several years ago. Once that mounted direct to the roof like the OEM. Due to the contours and such, I gave up and just don't have one still.

I know the factory roof rack can be installed at the dealer. They use what are called RIVNUTS (aka, blind rivets, they've been in use in the aviation industry for decades). It's just like a rivet.. drill a hole, insert it, except these have a nut to accept screws and bolts. You can even do it yourself, just make sure to use some touch-up paint and black silicone sealant when you do and a special tool.
(Need Ideas for Getting the Contour for Cutting...)

This is a good thread to read on, we talked a lot about racks here:
(R/T Roof Rack)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts