Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, going to get my wife an amp and. sub for xmas, she has a 2018 Durango with the Beats Audio. Where is the best place to get a signal, is there an. output on a factory amp or head unit? Remote turn on?

Appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$350 for that? Costs more than the amp and sub combo itself. I hate newer vehicles, so glad I kept my older ride with none of this nonsense.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Crutchfield has them for $280, I got mine gently used for half price. It, or you could go Maestro/DSR1 for about the same cost, are about the only way that you will get a good clean signal. Otherwise you would need to get a line level converter after the amp and all the processing that has been performed. If you do go that route be sure to grab the signal from the front door woofers and not the sub output as it has been documented to be a poor choice that distorts quickly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are many line converters available, I would expect however that getting the signal before the amplifier wouldn't require the converter. I haven't taken this vehicle apart yet so I am not sure where the components are laid out. Where is the amplifier on these?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Would be nice, but the output is non-variable voltage so you have to go after the amp for a LOC. The amp is in the far rear drivers side. Can get to both sides of it by lifting out the storage 'cup' and also taking out the rear floor/storage. The PAC amp harness (Can get it for half price elsewhere) has the wire colors and descriptions in the manual which worked just fine in my '16.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent, thanks for the feedback. Buying the wife an amp and sub, never wired one to a recent chrysler.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent, thanks for the feedback. Buying the wife an amp and sub, never wired one to a recent chrysler.

are there any other line converters that are of decent quality? I see many available but not sue what will work well with the higher level outputs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would be nice, but the output is non-variable voltage so you have to go after the amp for a LOC. The amp is in the far rear drivers side. Can get to both sides of it by lifting out the storage 'cup' and also taking out the rear floor/storage. The PAC amp harness (Can get it for half price elsewhere) has the wire colors and descriptions in the manual which worked just fine in my '16.

That would be nice to be honest, upgrade the speakers, amp for the highs and add the sub. This may be beneficial for future upgrades after the sub is installed.

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts