Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried either the ADDCO or Hotchkis swap bars for the 4x4? What was the difference? I'm sure it makes a difference. What's the major difference between the two manufactures? I'd prefer actual experience. Thanks

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
In the many years I've been here and on other Dodge forums, I think maybe one person may have purchased Addco. I'm not saying there's anything wrong, but don't expect much to compare to. I can tell you Hotchkis vs stock is night and day with minimal to no body roll.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll end up buying the Hotchkis. This is strictly for street and will never see off road. What's the best shock, suspension and associated parts I can buy. I'd rather buy a system, but it seems no one has one. I can get trackable kits all day long for a 20+ year old BMW or a Mustang but not for these trucks. It's just an SUV. Unless you guys have some ideas

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Definitely Bilsteins as far as shocks go, I (as do countless members) have them and love them, but if you're shopping around, Rancho and Monroe Sensatrac are also very good brands.

I was looking at the Hotchkis sway bars myself, my stock rear sway bar is pretty rusted and the front isn't much better. This may very well be a new mod for the near future.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have hotchkis sways, with bilsteins and 20" tires and all I can say is what a difference. I pretty much drive my truck
like a sports car, it handles great and goes thru turns like it's on rails, not too shabby for a heavy ass truck!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyways I'm ordering the Hotchkis front and rear sways.

I wish there was a tubular front end for this vehicle as I know when I went with a tubular front end in my 93 coupe, handling was night and day. I think I lost 75-80 pounds off of the front end and there was some minor geometry changes. I'm really not a fan of the front and back, although dual centers aren't seen very often.

I was looking forward to getting some stuff powder coated as I have a new client in that biz.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts