Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Limited that just went over the 36k mark. Every since I bought the car new I've heard this sound coming from the AC. It almost sounds like a raspy whistle and is most audible when accelerating or decelerating around 20mph to 30mph. I've figured out that if I turn the AC off it goes away. So at least I've narrowed down the system it's coming form. I've taken the car to the dealership 3 times, the first time they added refrigerant and the last two times they flushed the AC system but the sound is still there. Thy say they can't figure out where it's coming from but that the AC is good and that I just have to live with it. I've also experienced another sound that doesn't occur as often, every couple of months there will be this rapid clicking for a few seconds but then it sounds like something catches and it stops. Just trying to figure out if this is sound is something that will become a bigger problem down the road now that my warranty has expired. Please let me know if you need any other info. Any guesses?

P.S. I have checked the cabin air filter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts