Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our ac compressor went out and we don't want ac so we were trying to bypass it with a shorter belt, that didn't work and eventually ended up burning the belt. So we are wondering can you buy a ac bypass pulley for a 2002 durango? Online I'm seeing things but not for 2002. Or can we buy a used ac compressor and not engage the clutch to just use the pulley and that would work?

· Premium Member
5,882 Posts
If your issue is the clutch bearing, simply R and R the clutch, and you should be good to go. Swapping the compressor would work too.

Don

Reactions: Cmcnamer

· Registered
21 Posts
If your issue is the clutch bearing, simply R and R the clutch, and you should be good to go. Swapping the compressor would work too.

Don
...Agree with Don

It's very easy to replace the clutch bearing. Make sure to only use a Japanese or North American-built bearing/replacement clutch assembly. The clutch pulley removal tool is available free of charge at almost any local auto parts store.

· Registered
1999 Patriot Blue 5.9 SLT Beauty
34 Posts
Our ac compressor went out and we don't want ac so we were trying to bypass it with a shorter belt, that didn't work and eventually ended up burning the belt. So we are wondering can you buy a ac bypass pulley for a 2002 durango? Online I'm seeing things but not for 2002. Or can we buy a used ac compressor and not engage the clutch to just use the pulley and that would work?
My D's compressor seized several years back and I used a Dayco 5070895 belt. I still have it just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts