1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused:

Hi guys,

Just a couple quick questions.

1. I was under the impression that the Sirius Traffic/Nav would display traffic flow on the screen, similar to what Waze, Google do on your phone. Am I wrong? Or is there something I need to turn on??

It does announce if there is traffic/construction ahead while navigating to a destination, but not with just the map on.

2. How do you turn off the voice guidance but leave it on the screen. (If I don't want to hear the polite lady telling me where to go). I want to see the directions but not hear the audio.

I love the turn by turn directions in the dash cluster and I really like the illustrations of the freeway signs and lanes. Looks exactly what you see up ahead.

20150220_144639.jpg 20150220_145107.jpg

Any other tips and tricks I should know about??

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
The traffic feature will show different colors of higways based on traffic flow. Green for normal traffic flow, yellow for slow, and red for heavy. Similar to google maps with traffic turned on. You might be able to turn traffic off and on. Check settings when parked.

You can adjust the nav voice volume by turning the radio volume control down or up immediately after a nav voice prompt.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Isn't there also a way to go through the NAV settings to turn audio guidance off? I think I might have seen a way to turn it on/off in there somewhere?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't seen any colored roads, except that freeways are blue. Then the route is always red while navigating.

·
Premium Member
28,307 Posts
Yes you can turn off voice altogether and your roads are full of traffic
Its really not that accurate, We have been rerouted into traffic. The system can be very sleepy
STEVE

·
Registered
110 Posts
You can adjust the volume of the voice (using the number system the normal audio uses), and I would think you can adjust that to 0 to disable it.

I always wondered by when you were setting a destination address in the Nav, you couldn't look them up from the contacts in your Bluetooth sync'd phone? I have lots of addresses for the contacts in my phone, but I can't seem to figure out a way to get the Nav portion of the Uconnect to access them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can adjust the volume of the voice (using the number system the normal audio uses), and I would think you can adjust that to 0 to disable it.

I always wondered by when you were setting a destination address in the Nav, you couldn't look them up from the contacts in your Bluetooth sync'd phone? I have lots of addresses for the contacts in my phone, but I can't seem to figure out a way to get the Nav portion of the Uconnect to access them.
I think the UConnect update will allow you to program Nav offsite from your phone, at which time you'll probably be able to use your phone's contacts. I agree, if you can pair your phone you should be able to also connect the Nav to it.

When I 1st got the car I tried speaking to the nav to find/program locations and was totally annoyed it never got it right, until I finally realized it's not connected to the interweb via google. Duh. But the work-around has been the Yelp app - you can speak to just like speaking to your phone, and then once you've located your destination, it can transfer the address to the Nav pretty seamlessly.

As for traffic on the Nav, yeah, its pretty bad. Constant interruptions that are almost alwsys not correct. Hopefully the update will fix that too. I just ignore it for now, may shut it off in the future.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think the UConnect update will allow you to program Nav offsite from your phone, at which time you'll probably be able to use your phone's contacts. ....
don't assume too much, from the bits anyone has posted it ONLY can send an address from the uconnect app. Hopefully it supports the "share" feature or something similar so you could send from any app to the uconnect app to forward it on...

The sat traffic is second rate to google or waze but honestly there's no real alternative. They have to "broadcast" every last bit of traffic data from the sat to every radio so one particular radio can look up one particular area.

Google and waze can pull local data from the server any time for any location.
So sat is inherently going to update less frequently and have less roads covered.

FCA/Uconnect should take advantage of the 3g modem and let the system pull more frequent local information from someplace for the $15 a month they what.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts