Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My Durango is sitting on stock suspension and also is using the stock rims. It needs some new tires soon, and I am currently looking at some BFG All Terrain KO2s. Anyone know a good size for light offroading and road driving?

·
Super Moderator
12,824 Posts
There were a few different stock rims for those.. which rims do you have (the door sticker should show the OEM tire size..)

·
Super Moderator
12,824 Posts
but hopefully it still has the factory wheels, which we can use as a starting point for rim width etc..

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
That's probably not correct either. I just checked mine and it shows 15x7 wheels and 225 75r15 tires on the sticker, but it has the 15x8 wheels and 31x10.5r15 tires, which is what the build sheet shows it coming from the factory with.

Chances are it has the 15x8 wheels:

·
Administrator
8,067 Posts
31x10.50x15 are ideal for on/off road use. A good at tire is more than sufficient, although I really prefer the Goodyear M/T. Much more aggressive and turns the D into a legitimate off-roader. Stock height will suffice, but please consider doing the torsion bar/shackle lift for an additional 2 inches of frame clearance for @ $50 and an afternoon's worth of work. If not well versed in off-road driving, take the class at hungry valley orv near 6 flags for some excellent info.

Reactions: socaldurangokid
1 - 7 of 7 Posts