Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm clueless, I bought a Durango from a friend and came to the new conclusion that alot of my parts are universal with a truck they have(or atleast i think, they have a chevy 1500)
Anywhoo i was lo a on power steering fluid and we used dextron VI as a replacement for now.. am I screwed?

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Rammed:
Check out this thread on Durango power steering fluid. There was a change mid to late '00 from a clear fluid, to ATF+4.
I don't know if your Dexron will hurt anything. It might be good to flush that out, and get the proper stuff in there.

Don

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you bunches ♡ I am sure it was a mistake or a disaster done for a reason. Since we did it now about 24 hours ago, Its right back at it again making that lovely power-steering whine. Do you think she's leaking somewhere? Or burning out what was placed in the reserviour?

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Well:
Do you see any signs of leaking? The PS pressure switch is well known to be a weak point for the Gen 1 Durango PS system. IIRC, you will find it near the PS reservoir to the side, a bit lower than the pump. If you have whine, the fluid level may be low again, or there could be a pump issue.

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts