Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some digging but haven't found a solid yes or no in regards to the 392/6.4L intake manifold and exhaust manifolds bolting onto the 345/5.7L.. would anyone be able to answer this for me? Thanks. I heard it is possible to do so.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Yes, they bolt on.
But...the 392 intake is a dual runner intake, so to take full advantage of it's design, you need to wire it into your engine harness to operate and you will need some aftermarket parts to do that. It will not just plug in and operate off the ECU as it does on a 392. Also note the intake TB is in a different position which will require modification to your air box intake tube to join up to the TB.
The exhaust manifolds will need the 392 cat downpipe to join up from the manifolds to the main muffler as I understand it.
So you need a bit more parts to get the exhaust manifolds and intake to work on a 5.7L.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alrighty, thanks man, doesn't sound complicated at all, I'll figure something out and get this going soon. I'm not worried about the collector pipes for the exhaust manifold I can get those custom made from my friends shop. The intake is more of my concern

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
You can run the 6.4 intake in a fixed mode. Otherwise you need to hook up a rpm window switch to activate the active runners on the intake to change from long to short mode. So not super complex, especially if you're ok with wiring.
There are several YouTube videos out there...this one explains what is involved and he installed on a JGC which would be the same as our Durango.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's awesome... You could probably get away with using a relay for power on those instead of the computer block from painless, and the window switch isn't hard to hook up, that's very simple to wire up. Seems relatively easy to do...I'm going to start looking for an intake hahaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts