Dodge Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of issues could be expected by going with a set of yukon 4.11 gears for the durango?

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6
1,047 Posts
Have to ask. What are you trying to accomplish with the lower gearing? Better off road capability? Or just out of the hole acceleration on the street?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Durango RT AWD
40 Posts
Have to ask. What are you trying to accomplish with the lower gearing? Better off road capability? Or just out of the hole acceleration on the street?
If it was me, I’m looking for better off the line, lower my ET

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Such a change, if doable, would certainly help getting all that weight moving. There would likely be an increase in towing capacity as well. It would require less throttle to able around town, which might provide a minor mpg boost IF he can keep his foot out of it. It will be interesting to see how a gear that deep runs with the 8 speed. I know of two Gen 2 owners who made the swap with their RWD 4.7 L D's, and were quite pleased.

Don

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Durango RT AWD
40 Posts
If I recall correct, the early Jeep SRT8 came with 4.11 final gear ratio. I mean I’m also interested in doing the same, bare minimum 3.73

I wonder if the tracks will open up during this pandemic :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
This is the ring for the rear, do they make a matching for the front?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your gas mileage and top speed will suffer, may cause drone at highway rpm if you have a loud exhaust. Also speed sensors would need tuned.

·
Super Moderator
12,739 Posts
the ZF8 transmission has a very deep first gear, 4.11 axles would be totally lousy for street use..

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
The ZF8 may have a deep first gear but its being choked by the FE 3.09 rear gear. I can tell you my '14 Hemi D does not pull my boat any better on the highway than my '01 4.7L 3.92 rear gear D. Actually it takes more throttle to pull my boat up my local ramp than it did with the '01.
No doubt to me the Hem is set up for FE and Dodge should have offered 3.45 gears for towing and the R/T's,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts