Dodge Durango Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Durango R/T
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Okay gang, going to give it a final run tomorrow to see how the gears changed times. Unfortunately I don’t think they make much of a difference on a stock Durango. DA should be between 200-300ft which is right around where it was for my stock runs and runs with the diablo tune. I’ll get a final video of the numbers and my thoughts on the 3.45 swap.

my afe intake and bbk 85mm throttle body should be in tomorrow so i may slap those on after these runs, do an oil change because its needed, and then head back out for some before and afters of the intake and tb. Not sure I’ll be able to do it all tomorrow but I’ll try. The afe intake is for a 6.4 intake manifold so ill have to retro fit it for the 5.7 intake manifold until i get all the stuff i need to do the 6.4 swap.

Reactions: HEMIWOT

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Durango R/T
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I wasn't able to get much accomplished this weekend. I did get my afe intake and bbk throttle body but did not install them. I extended my IAT sensor and started on the TPS Sensor just to prep for the 6.4 intake manifold. BTW I ordered a ported 6.4l intake manifold and the SRV z controller today. The intake manifold has a 5 week lead so it will likely be january when I get all that installed.

I did get to change my oil yesterday and the durango feels better. Went out for a quick 0-60 by my house (not the usual spot) with a DA of 794ft and temp at 57F I ran a 5.46 0-60. I honestly think it's just going to stay around there until I get more mods. I think the gears are only useful if you have supporting mods like full intake full exhaust so I am working towards that. By end of January I will have full intake completed (assuming my port manifold is here by then).

Reactions: Jmata7 and HEMIWOT

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
527 Posts
I wasn't able to get much accomplished this weekend. I did get my afe intake and bbk throttle body but did not install them. I extended my IAT sensor and started on the TPS Sensor just to prep for the 6.4 intake manifold. BTW I ordered a ported 6.4l intake manifold and the SRV z controller today. The intake manifold has a 5 week lead so it will likely be january when I get all that installed.

I did get to change my oil yesterday and the durango feels better. Went out for a quick 0-60 by my house (not the usual spot) with a DA of 794ft and temp at 57F I ran a 5.46 0-60. I honestly think it's just going to stay around there until I get more mods. I think the gears are only useful if you have supporting mods like full intake full exhaust so I am working towards that. By end of January I will have full intake completed (assuming my port manifold is here by then).
Can't wait to see the potential with the gears. Will make me decide whether I'm gonna go that route too.

I'm hoping I can get to the Midnight Mayhem event at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Dec 10th. It's an open street legal drag race. I can get a time slip. I'm going to try and get my 97 octane race tune data log for Jay Green, so he can work his magic before then. I'll be using Race Gas additive. Should be around 1300 to 1400 DA that night.

Then eventually get out to Death Valley to do some runs with just my normal 91 octane tune. Takes too much gas to get out there to try a different octane tune.

Reactions: zwade

·
Registered
179 Posts
Reactions: HEMIWOT and zwade

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Durango R/T
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Sporacingrts Universal Multi Adjustable 77mm Flexible Cold Air Intake Pipe Inlet Hose Turbo Multi Flexible Air Intake Pipe Silver Connector Compatible with Universal Car https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083BNZDZX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_XKKAMME9T9YCGRS3TK8Y?psc=1

Pretty sure I found my part.
nice, this one is arriving for me tomorrow lol:Check out this page from Summit Racing Spectre Performance SPE-9751 Spectre Performance Memory Flex Air Duct Hoses | Summit Racing

I’m going to use it as a intake pipe to retro fit my 6.4 intake for the 5.7 manifold until my 6.4 manifold comes in. Then after that comes in i will use this as a duct from the front grill up to the filter box

Reactions: HEMIWOT and Jmata7

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
nice, this one is arriving for me tomorrow lol:Check out this page from Summit Racing Spectre Performance SPE-9751 Spectre Performance Memory Flex Air Duct Hoses | Summit Racing

I’m going to use it as a intake pipe to retro fit my 6.4 intake for the 5.7 manifold until my 6.4 manifold comes in. Then after that comes in i will use this as a duct from the front grill up to the filter box
Sporacingrts Universal Multi Adjustable 77mm Flexible Cold Air Intake Pipe Inlet Hose Turbo Multi Flexible Air Intake Pipe Silver Connector Compatible with Universal Car https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083BNZDZX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_XKKAMME9T9YCGRS3TK8Y?psc=1

Pretty sure I found my part.
Just know there's not a lot of space down there or even a place behind the top grill to put a hole.

If they reach the open hole down at the front end of the wheel well felt they'll work ok. Or take the route I didn't if you're willing to tear up the drivers side fog light.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just know there's not a lot of space down there or even a place behind the top grill to put a hole.

If they reach the open hole down at the front end of the wheel well felt they'll work ok. Or take the route I didn't if you're willing to tear up the drivers side fog light.

Already rough sketched it. Going to be a perfect fit.

Pretty amped about it

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Already rough sketched it. Going to be a perfect fit.

Pretty amped about it
Post some pics when you're done.

I've got my self thinking about the fog light option again, just to add another inlet. Probably completely unnecessary at this point, smh! Damn modding is addicting!

Reactions: Jmata7

·
Registered
179 Posts

I've got my self thinking about the fog light option again, just to add another inlet. Probably completely unnecessary at this point, smh! Damn modding is addicting!
I will. It’s the same concept as the fog light but the diameter is bigger and you still get to keep the fog light. Comes in Friday. I’ll be doing this weekend. 😎

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I lost 172 pounds...

Those are my heavy duty jumpers. I swapped them with my wife's lighter ones. When I go to the track I'll probably remove the rest of the bench. It will be a piece of cake now. Might remove the spare too. But it's a long drive to the Speedway.

Automotive tire Asphalt Motor vehicle Gas Road surface

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Asphalt

I might get out to death valley tonight....

Reactions: zwade

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Durango R/T
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
I lost 172 pounds...

Those are my heavy duty jumpers. I swapped them with my wife's lighter ones. When I go to the track I'll probably remove the rest of the bench. It will be a piece of cake now. Might remove the spare too. But it's a long drive to the Speedway.

View attachment 118556
View attachment 118555
View attachment 118557
I might get out to death valley tonight....
Let us know the results. I installed the bbk throttle body and afe intake tonight. Went out for a run, no difference in time. Hopefully the port manifold helps when that comes in. IAT is down about 10 degrees with the new intake tho

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Let us know the results. I installed the bbk throttle body and afe intake tonight. Went out for a run, no difference in time. Hopefully the port manifold helps when that comes in. IAT is down about 10 degrees with the new intake tho
Did you get the tune updated?

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Durango R/T
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Did you get the tune updated?
nah just going to wait until i get the manifold because my intake is rigged up currently with a flexible intake pipe and pipe clamps

·
Registered
179 Posts

Heres a pic… threw up a video in it too.
Car Automotive lighting Grille Hood Motor vehicle

cars dirty, don’t judge too hard lol

·
Premium Member
527 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Ok so I just got back from Death Valley. Found a spot to try via a gps altitude app before I went there. Turned out to be prefect. Long straight flat -263 ft below sea level. DA for the runs was -504. Got weather data with a small weather sensor with a barometer. Very accurate. Been comparing it to readings at the Airport not far away for the last few weeks.

So that's the good news. Bad news is I maxed out the fuel input on the mid and high end so I was running around 15 for my AFR! Probably pulling timing like a mofo. When I was at a 2200 DA I was at 16% fuel increase on the high end so I had Jay zero out the tuner levels based on what I had them set at. Still I maxed them out out there. So I'm kicking my self in the head!

My best run had a 2sec 60ft though! That makes me real happy. Also realized my first thoughts about the Dragy not being accurate, in my area of Las Vegas at least, was correct. Dragy was real close to the tuner in times on these these runs, a bit off on the mph but that could be my tire size settings. Thought I had it on point.

Keep in mind this is with a very less than ideal AFR. After watching the video of my first runs dialing in the AFR my the spark advance at 6300 rpms was 11 lol!

Azure Rectangle Font Operating system Screenshot

Product Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot

Rectangle Font Gadget Display device Electronic device

Another trip out there is coming. Will have the AFR right at the track on Friday at least.

Reactions: zwade and Jmata7

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ok so I just got back from Death Valley. Found a spot to try via a gps altitude app before I went there. Turned out to be prefect. Long straight flat -263 ft below sea level. DA for the runs was -504. Got weather data with a small weather sensor with a barometer. Very accurate. Been comparing it to readings at the Airport not far away for the last few weeks.

So that's the good news. Bad news is I maxed out the fuel input on the mid and high end so I was running around 15 for my AFR! Probably pulling timing like a mofo. When I was at a 2200 DA I was at 16% fuel increase on the high end so I had Jay zero out the tuner levels based on what I had them set at. Still I maxed them out out there. So I'm kicking my self in the head!

My best run had a 2sec 60ft though! That makes me real happy. Also realized my first thoughts about the Dragy not being accurate, in my area of Las Vegas at least, was correct. Dragy was real close to the tuner in times on these these runs, a bit off on the mph but that could be my tire size settings. Thought I had it on point.

Keep in mind this is with a very less than ideal AFR. After watching the video of my first runs dialing in the AFR my the spark advance at 6300 rpms was 11 lol!

View attachment 118583
View attachment 118584
View attachment 118585

Another trip out there is coming. Will have the AFR right at the track on Friday at least.
Glad you finally made it out that Way. That DA sounds absolutely amazing!!!! AFR of 15 and only 11 degrees is hilarious. Jay will get you right, just send him the logs. When it’s all said and done, you’ll be coming close to 13.1s 💪.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Glad you finally made it out that Way. That DA sounds absolutely amazing!!!! AFR of 15 and only 11 degrees is hilarious. Jay will get you right, just send him the logs. When it’s all said and done, you’ll be coming close to 13.1s 💪.
The computer was pulling timing hard cause of the bad AFR. Watching the vid, the timing through the whole rpm range was all over the place. I just needed to add more fuel but couldn't.

Yeah I hate still not knowing where she'll be at with a lower DA. Since I know now how much gas it takes to get out there I might make some 93 octane with race gas and get a 93 octane tune from Jay before I go out there again. I want everything that those southern and east coast guys get for the best comparison possible.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I want to add too, where I was, was isolated as hell. No cell service and absolutely nothing around for many many miles. And only passed one car on the way out past Shoshone, the little town next to the turn off into that part of the valley. I was no where near the tourism part of Death Valley. Which was 30 more miles north.

Definitely have to have trust in your vehicle for that one.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Durango R/T
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I want to add too, where I was, was isolated as hell. No cell service and absolutely nothing around for many many miles. And only passed one car on the way out past Shoshone, the little town next to the turn off into that part of the valley. I was no where near the tourism part of Death Valley. Which was 30 more miles north.

Definitely have to have trust in your vehicle for that one.
Do you brake torque your launch or just dead stop to full throttle?

My 0-10 and 0-20 are faster than yours but your times are better on 0-30, 0-40, 0-50 and 0-60 by a lot. I'm wondering if it's the launch or the gears that made mine quicker in those two spots but then slower everywhere else (maybe due to sooner shifts and more shifts?)

Same with 60ft, I have a faster time there but everywhere else yours is faster. Wondering if it's launch or gears causing that

61 - 80 of 90 Posts