Dodge Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Durango R/T I purchased it used, I currently am at 80,000 miles. So car drove fine for the first 10 months or so, then once in a while it would do a delayed shift from 3rd to 4th gear. Then it became more frequent and occasionally when I would put it in reverse, it would say put it back in park and select gear. The park to reverse issue became more frequent and the 3-4 shift would occasionally not shift and get stuck in 3rd, if I stop and cut the car off and restart it would drive fine. I started having to drive the car in manual mode until warmed up so that I could shift from 3 to 4, finally irritated I took it to dodge. I also have the delaminating uconnect screen, they refused to fix that and told me I need a new tranny $10,000!!!! Would you actually need a new transmission if shifting is capable in manual fine, in automatic mode it takes some finessing to go from 3-4, but it will do it. Could this possibly be the valve body? TCM? please help! And to hell with that uconnect radio it’s a major safety issue and a well known one, but the car owners must pay to fix a manufacturer defect 🤷🏻‍♀️😡

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,390 Posts
First, it's too bad you didn't buy the Chrysler extended warranty before you had a shop look at it. That warranty, should you buy it now, would probably reject your now-known issue since they probably put it in the system. Second, you can get a transmission much cheaper than that so shop around. Third, since you now know what their response is, get the fluid and filter changed since ZF recommends changing it at 75-80K instead of FCA's claim of lifetime fluid. This is will cost you around $600 but if that helps the issue then it's money well spent. Go to a good shop in your area that understands the nuances of changing the ZF fluid, because it's different than other trannys.

On the delamination, there is info on another thread that explains how to remove and reapply the front touch surface. Search for it.

·
Registered
2016 Durango R/T Arizona
1,390 Posts
People blindly post in whatever sub-forum they see because they can't read, can't comprehend or just react to the first thing they see. That is why there are so many posts in the Durango News sub-forum that hasn't had any actual news in it to speak of. Just random posts from people with problems.

• Haha
Reactions: RancidLunchmeat
1 - 5 of 5 Posts